Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 02-20-2011, 08:45 PM

Welcome to our new ladies. Love having you on board.

I think I am running this show, but since I'm 180º from a control freak, I have turned this over to Lesley (she's without internet this weekend), Elle & Patti - the chatty one who thinks she's something as she finished her Dear Jane quilt yesterday and those of us behind her are sucking in her dust!!!

Seriously, these are the greatest friends a quilter could have - really!!! I am the official list keeper, not that I'm keeping track of everyone, but more of making a journal that lists all sorts of things. Lesley had mentioned that she wished she had made a list of all the great stuff she has on her PDA, but now with 445 pages, it's a daunting chore, so we're stuck trying to remember.

Therefore, I am trying to keep track of stuff that's been posted to this thread for future reference.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Welcome, Judy! That blue is going to be gorgeous with the color of batiks you are talking about.

I am sooooo darned indecisive! I've ordered this brown, but now I don't know if I want to use it. I don't know....... I still have plenty of time to figure this out. Someone needs to slap me upside the head.
That's soooo pretty Rebecca!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:17 AM

Well caught up with you all chatting AGAIN. every morning I have a couple of pages to read, all good stuff. I like that idea Patti and have saved that search. That is really great stuff.

I also like I think the idea of printing it off and then cutting out the shapes, only fault I can find with that is, your design won´t be as laid out inthe book, it might squiff a bit and it really is necessary to have it all centralised especially when you get to the sewing part......ask me how I know that. My trial block is squiffy just for that reason. Unless I have missed something within your idea it does sound great though.

Welcome to all the newcomers. We really have a lovely quilting bee here and I am so looking forward to seeing our very first blocks. Getting organised with the new QAYG idea and have thought how I can get it up and running quicker.

Question shall I put the tute here on the board or in the Tutorial section what all y'all think lol
Old 02-21-2011, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Well caught up with you all chatting AGAIN. every morning I have a couple of pages to read, all good stuff. I like that idea Patti and have saved that search. That is really great stuff.

I also like I think the idea of printing it off and then cutting out the shapes, only fault I can find with that is, your design won´t be as laid out inthe book, it might squiff a bit and it really is necessary to have it all centralised especially when you get to the sewing part......ask me how I know that. My trial block is squiffy just for that reason. Unless I have missed something within your idea it does sound great though.

Welcome to all the newcomers. We really have a lovely quilting bee here and I am so looking forward to seeing our very first blocks. Getting organised with the new QAYG idea and have thought how I can get it up and running quicker.

Question shall I put the tute here on the board or in the Tutorial section what all y'all think lol
if you have something that i use "wash-away applique sheets" http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...ique+sheets.do you can put it on your fabric and then not worry because it is water soluble.

I also personally would prefer the tutorials here so I don't have to look in another place for me.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:47 AM

Debe I understand that you can have wash away sheets and thats what I think it was inanome is going to use, but she suggested cutting the pieces out of the wash away and thats what I was wondering about. I may have misunderstood though

Elle
Old 02-21-2011, 01:50 AM

I have jsut read it again and now I understand Inanomi you printed it on the fusible and with the excess ink you printed first onto you block THEN you cut out the fusible .....gosh I am a thicko this morning.

Yep thats a great idea will try that out too, its going to cut out a load of work.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Debe I understand that you can have wash away sheets and thats what I think it was inanome is going to use, but she suggested cutting the pieces out of the wash away and thats what I was wondering about. I may have misunderstood though

Elle
actually though expensive; i think i am going to do both...so i get the shapes right and the placement...anything to make it easier
Old 02-21-2011, 02:14 AM

I so agree Debi, anything that makes doing this AOTH easier is welcome
Old 02-21-2011, 02:50 AM

hi, i'm waiting on my book to arrive through the post... looking forwards to this, i love applique, this will certainly be MY quilt!! i'm not giving this one away!!! :)
Old 02-21-2011, 03:05 AM

Welcome Jaquie, where in Scotland are you. I am a native, but now retired to Spain. Born near Edinburgh.

By the way Ducky I love the brown, didn´t see the denim though, but both would make good backgrounds. I can see the denim with loads of yellows oranges,