Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Blog Entries
    Hang in there Judy, we can all wait!
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

Blog Entries
    No worries, Judy. We can eat and relax. It seems like others are deciding to join the train, so maybe not having Step 2 this week is a good thing!

Putercat the kitties in the tulips is called "Cozy Cats" by Deb Hron for Henry Glass.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    If you can find MS-Paint on your Windows 8 computer, you can use that for resizing photos, as long as they're in JPG format. That's what I use, but I'm using Win 7. Hubby says it's in Accessories.
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

Please don't feel bad about this, Judy. We will all have a nice visit while we sit back and enjoy the ride. Gotta say that the conductor is kinda cute. :-)
    Laura

i got my grandson to get rid of the new screen and leave the old one...I can still go back to the new screen if I want, but I feel comfortable with the old one.I had no trouble at all sending my fabrics photo.

Judy, we will wait patiently for you to figure it all out...don't stress about it. I know you're stressed enough about the computer itself...we will still all be on the train when you get it all figured out. I, myself, have MORE than enough to do to keep me busy! Love all these fabric choices I'm seeing!

Hello, love all of the fabric I hope you don't mind if I sit back and watch to see everyone's new table runner.
    I would love to join in on the next train.

Blog Entries
    Dogwood quilter, I'm a different Judy than who you asked, but I think those are perfect. Nice colors and scale.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    No problem, Judy. It always happens this way. My computer crashed the day before we were leaving on vacation and I'd planned on doing some work on it. Just come on down to the club car for several glasses of wine and hit it again tomorrow. Like someone said earlier, it's not like most of us don't have anything else to do. We definitely don't want you to stress over this because we're having too much fun and it wouldn't be fair.

agree completely......

Judy - so sorry you are having computer problems! That's no fun at all. My techie friend abandoned Windows altogether from frustration and went to a MAC.

So sorry to hear about your computer problems, Judy. Technology has caused a lot of problems and frustrations for most of us. I'm kind of glad we are delayed as my life is very busy right now.
    Asked my hubby (computer guy) about windows 8 and he said probably 50% of them have problems. While he was working for Dell our 3 children and I all bought Macs. For some reason he loves to tell people that. Like we are not loyal to him or something.
    I'm super psyched about my quilt retreat coming up M-W. I will be working on my Ireland quilt.

Blog Entries
    Judy so sorry to hear about your problems.I guess we will all just have to eat some chocolate. I just baked some chocolate caramel brownies with pecans. They are so good. They taste really good with the wine someone had earlier. Judy enjoy a brownie and a couple of glasses of wine. Deal with the computer tomorrow. This will just make most of us keep our new Years resolution to finish some of our UFO's.

alright since we are staying at the station a tiny bit longer tonight I made some chili. I used one half of a pasilla pepper in it. I think its perfect the DH said its a tad hot could I do something to fix that? huh? I mean toss half add tomatos but rather not do that. what else would anyone suggest? all i could think of was cream cheese. potatos take the salt out he doesnt want to put sour cream on top which ALWAYS works for me.. so what would you add inside to fix it? I already have like 8 cups worth in a pot. surely dont want 12. there are only two of us. no solution I will just throw it away I guess. I dont do fire hot btw so its not fire hot. he just keeps getting heartburn. (btw he asked for chili).
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Good luck Judy with the computer. It can be so frustrating. You would think they would let things like a new OS be an option instead of "take or leave it". Those of us who are seniors would like to stick with what we know & feel have mastered instead of having to start back at square one. Just left an older computer with nephew to put Windows XP on it. If he gets it working it will be used only for my embroidery files for embroidery machine.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

I had a problem with my computer a while back. My son took it to the "Geek Squad". He told them the problem was that it was not connecting to the internet. They said it would cost over $300.00 to fix it. Said I should just buy a new one. Well, I took it to a local small business. He fixed it and it only cost me $70.00. And he backed up my files for me. I have no faith in the "Geek Squad" here. I think dealing with computer problems is one of the most stressful things. I guess we will need some cocktails here on the train. We can just sit back and relax and swap quilting stories. Good luck Judy.

OH well I guess I can go look at my stash and see what I can use,just a little behind.........
    Mary

Judy, sorry about your computer problems. Please do not stress over it. We have all been there at one time or another. I can use the time to wash and iron all that fabric I hauled home from the Dallas Quilt Show. I do appreciate your doing the mystery for us and will patiently wait until you have everything in hand.

Judy - so sorry about your computer woes yuck I've had em too.
    Lord willing we will all be here on the 16th so not to worry!
    I'm still working on my sewing room re-org so I've a little time before the next whistle stop.
    Tea at 4 with fresh lemon scones in the observation car.

Blog Entries
    We will just sit in the hot tub and relax for a while with out cocktails. Sounds like a good Sunday to me. Or we could all meet on a beach somewhere.

Although I'm sorry to hear of Judy's computer issues, I'm actually glad of the delay as I'm working on finishing up three quilts tops and this will give me the chance to get them done before this and the mystery on QCA begins. Who knows? I might even actually get them quilted.

Thanks for all your support but I THINK things are getting better. Since I couldn't get a geek from the local store, that phone is always busy, sent an email to the main geek web site. Someone ended up calling me 10 minutes later, he remotely accessed my puter from where he is, got my printer working with an update download, got the docs that transfered patched so they could be read -- they were just gobbledegook before -- but said I had to go back to the store to have those geeks get the pix off the old hard drive. Oh well, at least I am functioning here. If worse comes to worse, and I can't get my pix, I may just use drawings to show you what I need done. Since I already posted that I was delaying until the 16th, I don't want to post now and have those that won't be back until Saturday not be able to find the posting.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

oh no we will show them honest its this posting on this page.. truly we will!!!!! they come back I know I do for the chat and for the pictures of what everyone is using if nothing else. its ok honest!!!! glad your halfway moving again on your computer woes. I always run to my X. He is a computer expert. Ha ha. He used to run a huge company in the bay areas computers with a team of two other guys. Now he is continually taking courses so I am the first to write HELP or call HELP. and he kindly still helps. phew. otherwise I am SOL. my computer expertise goes to.. uh honey? or sweetie to one of the kids.. can you tell me what to do and they tell me and it flies right by my head and I want to cry. its another language these computers all together. and I cant believe not ONE of you knows how to take out the heat of chili? argh.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Linda, I would make some cornbread to eat with the chili. I always like to eat my chili with cornbread; even if it's not too spicy.

Blog Entries
    Elisabrat, I have hear that sugar can cool things own. I haven't tried it myself so I don't know how much. Or....top it with tums.

Daisy Dew, Whistle stop. Haven't heard that term in a long time.

Whitepine, you mite read this site...Hope it helps. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_can_y...hili_too_spicy

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast