Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Judy, in your directions for the AC small triangles you stated to sew them together the same way so you would have identical triangles, you didn't say if it made a difference with fabric A or C was on what side of the triangles......My question is Does it matter? Thanks
    LAURIE ...... "When Life gives you SCRAPS, Make QUILTS"

Many thank to Patrice. She corrected the second clue in posting #376 so it is all fixed. My boo-boos have been erased from memory, right? Hee hee. But I still feel bad about all the confusion. I am going to punish myself and stay out of the club car -- going to ignore all the goodies, and stick with bread and water as my punishment, but only for the rest of the week. Too many good things in the club car, just waiting for me.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

I put my A on the left as you can see, because I thought the runner fabrics went together better that way. But your choice, either way would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie L View Post
    Judy, in your directions for the AC small triangles you stated to sew them together the same way so you would have identical triangles, you didn't say if it made a difference with fabric A or C was on what side of the triangles......My question is Does it matter? Thanks

Blog Entries
    clue #2 is on page 38 for me.....gonna have to figure out how to set posts per page

For Sunlite and anyone else who wants to change the way you view your pages --

At the very top of the QB is a box labeled settings -- click on that. Then on the leftsiude, go down and click on general settings -- go down to the area for changing how you view your posts.

Blog Entries
    cool....fixed it ...thanks again Judy

do not know if we should tell Patrice....one of the 'B' still need to be changed to "A"

Hopping off the train to send Judy some chocolate- Rx for all frustrations!
    Dotty in NYC

mortified beyond description

I'm no longer embarrassed, I'm mortified. Another HORRID mistake -- I had started to make another runner out of lighter fabrics, called up the instructions, cut the squares and made the triangles. They looked too small. Yup, the squares in the third paragraph of posting # 376 should be cut at 4" not 3". I had made a typo. The following paragraph is what Patrice is being asked to correct.

From A and C cut three squares of each fabric measuring 4 square. Again, I am having you cut the fabric a bit larger, and it will be trimmed at a later date. Cut each piece from corner to corner, to make 4 pieces of each fabric. Using the picture as a guide, sew two short sides of A and C together, making 12 triangular pieces. Start stitching from the long straight edge, sewing toward the point. Always keep the A and C fabrics in the same position so the triangles are identical. You will have 12 of the small triangular pieces.

I know I have lost a lot of passengers by now, if you have to make these little triangles once again. I have no excuses. Can offer up nothing except my apologies. I really truly am sorry, and embarrassed and mortified.

And yes, Sunlite, I asked her to correct the A-C.

Dottie, do NOT get off the train. Do NOT do anything rash like you suggested. But it was sweet of you to think of it.

Don't look at your page number, just look for the Post #. I have mine set to 40 per page so I would be lost if you all gave page numbers LOL Or is that more lost??? The instructions are clear, it's just my mind. got em done and time for a kodak moment. Hot here in FL today, even after the rain. So, clue #1 is post #1 and clue #2 is Post #376. Ret

Yes, Chef.
    And hopefully Patrice will get up the new correction and that everyone will see my apology posted at 12:15 my time.

Quote Originally Posted by chefbwarner View Post
    Don't look at your page number, just look for the Post #. I have mine set to 40 per page so I would be lost if you all gave page numbers LOL Or is that more lost??? The instructions are clear, it's just my mind. got em done and time for a kodak moment. Hot here in FL today, even after the rain. So, clue #1 is post #1 and clue #2 is Post #376. Ret

OK Miss Judy. Now I must ask how much more of fabric A is going to be used. without giving away the mystery of course. LOL that was my focus and least amount. OK forget the camera for now. Must recut and redo LOL And I haven't even hit the club car for "freshin" beverages, yet !~! Hugssssssss

Just finished step2. Here is my pic. Now I'll go remake A/C to 4".

HUGS Judy! Never say no to chocolate! You know nobody will let you hide away with only bread and water. Infact, I think we all need chocolate!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Not to worry Judy. Luckily I have plenty of the fabric. I don't think I would cry over losing a few 3" squares.

Blog Entries
    LOL Train Wreck!!

I just cut them out last night too. Ok, I can do 4 inch, I may run out of A fabric and it may end up scrappy!!
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Judy, relax it's just fabric and we did rush you with all the computer issues you were dealing with. I was just going to post and say that I was thinking of making a second runner since I still had all week to do another set. Not up to do 5! I will fix my little triangles and try to post a picture tonight. May look at my stash again to see if I can come up with some bright colors too. Everyone's fabric choices are just lovely and tomorrow is the first day of spring, so I want something springy.
    Lisa

Actually this gave me a chance to look at more of my stash & I've changed C to a maroon. Didn't have enough of my original pick to recut. But I like the maroon much better, so see "all things work toward good for those who who love the Lord( my paraphrase) . I'll recut & see later this evening.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Judy don't worry, if you just remind everyone about the corrections on Saturday we will all be on the same train tracks. Go get some hot coffee and some of the chocolate or a small glass of Tawny Port that was left in the club car. By the way who had the last doughnut? Remember it's only fabric and the extra pieces we made, we can use someplace. They will be a great excuse to start something new. Smile We need you to be happy!

Blog Entries
    So the speedy sewers are going to able to make some pinwheel potholders or hot pads to match their runners. There are far worse things that could happen. I have the least of C, so I'm glad I wanted to finish the Spicy Spirals before I started cutting.

((Judy)) Hugs for Judy. Hugs and chocolate make a great cure for what you are feeling. We are still with you.

Chef I had given you a few inches extra on everything. But if you get too short on A at the end, I can help you figure out what to do with a bit of B or C. Remind me if it comes to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by chefbwarner View Post
    OK Miss Judy. Now I must ask how much more of fabric A is going to be used. without giving away the mystery of course. LOL that was my focus and least amount. OK forget the camera for now. Must recut and redo LOL And I haven't even hit the club car for "freshin" beverages, yet !~! Hugssssssss

I have changed my C and D fabrics and believe I have made each correct now: A & B for the half square 3 1/2" blocks and A & C for the 4" triangle blocks. And you haven't lost me, I will use my small 3" triangle blocks(24) to make a small wallhanging for my daughter.

Name:  P1010001.JPG
Views: 296
Size:  1.36 MB

Blog Entries

Mystery 5

I am thinking Spring even though we got 3 inches of snow last night. Don't worry Judy I need the practice making these triangles.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

Very pretty, gramquilter and islandwiz.

Smile

I'm just along for the train ride enjoying the scenery (fabric choices.) gramquilter I love yours and have some similar that I plan to do a double irish chain quilt. I'm enjoying the ride.
    gmaybee

Blog Entries
    Love those colors Gramquilter

Ok, here are mine finally. I took the three inchers and will make four mug rugs

Name:  Photo-0001.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  100.7 KB
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Reeskylr why do your triangles A-C look so big? Camera?
    Mary

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast