Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! >

Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Old 03-16-2013, 09:02 PM

what a fine celebration of Quilting Day !
Old 03-16-2013, 09:11 PM

Oh so beautiful! I am in Portland in a hotel with my sister, tomorrow morning is the shamrock run, we are going to watch two little ones, it will be my first observation spectator and not a participant!

I am picking out my fabric this week, my daughter is buying them for me for my birthday! It was an easy answer, she always wants to get me something and I never know what to ask her for, so this is perfect!

It will be my Birthday table runner, of which I am sure I will give to her! The cycle of life ya?
Old 03-17-2013, 04:39 AM

Out of town for the weekend. Can't wait to get home and get busy on these. Looks like my fabric choices will work nicely (I think I have about half a dozen possible combos). Will have to see which ones I actually do.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:05 AM

Just checked in at the morning stop, I'm running a little late. Had a nice day in Duluth MN with DH's Cousin, he was helping with a remolding project. Sew today I get to sew. I was keeping an eye on the train as I could, little internet connection in the area. Everyone's colors are so great, hope to post late this afternoon. The apple cobbler and ice cream was great with the coffee.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:47 AM

okay, so i wasn't going to take this train ride. thanks for the late departing time. i really finished up several projects. and got my area squared away. the DH even installed more electrical plug ins for me.
but this morning I saw the 1/2 sq triangles, and looked at one post, and it was discussing her way of making them. and i know there are several ways of making them. i decided to jump on board anyway, because everytime i take a ride with you judy, i learn something new. SO I AM JUMPING ON BOARD WITHOUT A TICKET. nothing packed. no planning, but here i am.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:18 AM

All right, sewnso - so glad you are on the train. And all the other new arrivals, welcome.

All the postings look great. I think I am going to have to start another one, with brighter colors, because all the blocks look so great. I still like my Christmas runner, but I like the brights, too. You have all made such great choices.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:25 AM

Ladies, I want very much to catch the train. I haven't been on quilting board for about two years (life interfers with my plans). I spent about 5 hours last night going through the mystery quilt messages and I think I am ready to jump back into quilting and a table runner sounds great. I am going to try to post a picture, although I've never done that so don't know how successful it will be. I looked carefully at all the beautiful fabrics everyone has selected and then went through my stash and found both Christmas and autumn fabrics. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Help! Couldn't figure out how to post pic, did a search on how to post picture, didn't find anything. What am I missing?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by JannieGrace View Post
Ladies, I want very much to catch the train. I haven't been on quilting board for about two years (life interfers with my plans). I spent about 5 hours last night going through the mystery quilt messages and I think I am ready to jump back into quilting and a table runner sounds great. I am going to try to post a picture, although I've never done that so don't know how successful it will be. I looked carefully at all the beautiful fabrics everyone has selected and then went through my stash and found both Christmas and autumn fabrics. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Help! Couldn't figure out how to post pic, did a search on how to post picture, didn't find anything. What am I missing?
JannieGrace, look for the icon in the quick reply box when you are entering your text. It looks like a little picture and says insert image when you click on that another box comes up and gives you the option to get picture from your computer or from URL. If you photos are on your computer choose that option and upload your picture, there are size restraints on the image so you may have to reduce the size before you upload it to the site. Hope that helps
Old 03-17-2013, 08:22 AM

ok just did mine not happy with contrast between a and B. so I might need to rethink this drink. if all A's are next to each other yeah there is contrast lol with B but otherwise its fairly close so warning to those who havent cut check our contrast. check it again. all I am saying [ATTACH=CONFIG]402294[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mystery-train-5-003.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Laurie L View Post
JannieGrace, look for the icon in the quick reply box when you are entering your text. It looks like a little picture and says insert image when you click on that another box comes up and gives you the option to get picture from your computer or from URL. If you photos are on your computer choose that option and upload your picture, there are size restraints on the image so you may have to reduce the size before you upload it to the site. Hope that helps
Thanks, Laurie L, but I can't find the icon. I have other icons, but nothing that looks like a picture or says insert image. I must not be looking in the right place.