Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! >

Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Old 03-17-2013, 10:16 AM

Ok. Here are my pieces, laid out on my 4th fabric. I changed out one of my fabrics from my first post.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 10:21 AM

Real nice Cathy. I like it, I need to go get mine done.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:30 AM

Ok got this setp done. Last little triangle I pressed I reached across the durn iron and burned my thumb knuckle. So dh gets to hang laundry when it comes out of the dryer. NO I did not do it on purpose [ATTACH=CONFIG]402342[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails first-step-table-runner-mystery.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 10:37 AM

oh oh burned thumbs! no wash for you! quick go back to sewing. washing is way to painful with a burnt thumb. just tell them I said so when they come looking for their laundry. point and smile
Old 03-17-2013, 10:39 AM

Alright I have made an executive decision regarding my fabrics. I HATE BINS> too many layers. I need shelves or something so you can just go to see what you have. There I said it. two bins cant find crud in them unless I basically empty them again and getting tired of that too. they are too big. yuck. then my book shelf I am using is too small argh. I need like those long closet shelves all across could put things in basket, stacked folded easy to see by the selvege. I have to say it is making me royally grumpy. do I fold or sew? cant sew without folding how to find things. maybe I will just nap and forget it all. heck with it. (like that would solve anything).
Old 03-17-2013, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Alright I have made an executive decision regarding my fabrics. I HATE BINS> too many layers. I need shelves or something so you can just go to see what you have. There I said it. two bins cant find crud in them unless I basically empty them again and getting tired of that too. they are too big. yuck. then my book shelf I am using is too small argh. I need like those long closet shelves all across could put things in basket, stacked folded easy to see by the selvege. I have to say it is making me royally grumpy. do I fold or sew? cant sew without folding how to find things. maybe I will just nap and forget it all. heck with it. (like that would solve anything).
i've found the easiest thing is to use an old set of drawers, then you can one or two colours per drawer... works for me...
i have 2 sets of drawers, one for fq's etc, the other is used for jelly rolls, charm pks & layer cakes etc, and other things...
Old 03-17-2013, 10:59 AM

JannieGrace, to get all the icons, go to 'Forum Actions' in the aqua bar near the top of the page. Choose 'General Settings' from the dropdown box. Scroll way down to the bottom, choose 'Enhanced Interface WYSIWYG Editing'. Save changes and come back here to see if you have 15 icons with the picture third from the right.

Linda, you just confirmed my fear that I don't have enough contrast. I have a different print but I hate cutting a small amount off yardage until I know what a need it for. I emptied the bolt so I can't run back for more. Did you find the posting about Mango Salsa batiks? I posted it right after you asked. Mango Salsa seems to have quite a bit of yellow.

Darn, I have time to cut today - what to do? What to do?

I have a yummy cake in the fridge I'll share - white cake in a 9x13, jello poked in after baking, topped with frozen raspberries and the rest of the raspberry jello, then a thick layer of almond flavored pudding. the Coolwhip and nuts go on soon.

The HSTs posted so far are very pretty. I think I want at least 2/3 of them.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
JannieGrace, to get all the icons, go to 'Forum Actions' in the aqua bar near the top of the page. Choose 'General Settings' from the dropdown box. Scroll way down to the bottom, choose 'Enhanced Interface WYSIWYG Editing'. Save changes and come back here to see if you have 15 icons with the picture third from the right.
Thank you so much, and yes, now I have the icons! Yay!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:38 AM

I did find the mango salsa.. still bores me. Thanks for looking it up. Found a bunch called sunshine in ebay where I said it wasnt and well not sure if its too bold. They wanted brown. Mango salsa is sorta cream/brownish with peach but this is my new NIECE not some frog I am making them things for. Speaking of which the outfit they chose to send pics of new baby she is in a green frog baby onsie (kid you not it has frog eyes on the toes) and then a moss brown hat. oh so.. frog like.

I just did my small pieces of fabric. part to donate part to share with a fellow quilter here and part to keep. ok, that takes care of.. 1/3 of the stuff. now the bigger things. the ones I cant figure out where to stack them. I want organization. I am the queen of organize it. then mess it up again. then I get frustrated and give it all away I get so grumpy. oh well one day at a time. I need to hit the bigger fabrics however to make a new combination of a/b fabrics. argh.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:54 PM

My finished--Part 2. I really like how the colors look together so hope my fabrics work for this project.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]402392[/ATTACH]
I used my A and B fabrics for the 3 1/2 inch squares and B and C for the second part. Is that correct or should the 2nd part be from A and D?
Attached Thumbnails p1010007.jpg  

Last edited by gramquilter2; 03-17-2013 at 01:02 PM.