Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
April 1, 2009 - Broken Sugar Bowl - Photos >

April 1, 2009 - Broken Sugar Bowl - Photos

April 1, 2009 - Broken Sugar Bowl - Photos

Old 04-03-2009, 07:55 AM

Yep love the choice....went together fast and I love the color choices....:-)
Old 04-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Power Poster

I really like all 3 of your blocks :D :D :D
Old 04-04-2009, 05:12 AM

I like all three blocks, too.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by beachlady
My Broken Sugar Bowl.
I love the light fabric you used! Any chance I can buy some of that? Do you remember where you got it?? I have a hard time coming up with the lights with tiny print. That one is just up my alley!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

My Broken Sugar Bowl.
I love this block and everyones colors are great! I use somethingsimilar but I turn the 4 patches in the middle so I have the dark patches in a chain from the bottom to the top. And I do it in miniature of course with 4 of these turned into a Hotpad. One of my favorite patterns.

I love the light fabric you used! Any chance I can buy some of that? Do you remember where you got it?? I have a hard time coming up with the lights with tiny print. That one is just up my alley!

Old 04-04-2009, 05:56 AM

I'm loving all the blocks!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:58 AM

Rhonda, I do not remember where I got it - sorry. It was most likely at the surplus store that carries fabric. On the selvedge it says: Redwork, Blackwork, Indigo by Henry Glass Fabrics - www.henry glass fabrics.com.
The store is about an hour north of me and not sure when I will be going again.

I was going to to do this years BOM's with Navy and white, so I will not really have any extra. Might not even have enough.

If I go up there and they have some, would you like me to get you some? Their prices range from 2.69 yd to 3.99 yd. and it is all Quilt shop quality. This was probably 2.99 a yd. I do have some smallish prints in other colors if you would be interested in them. Let me know and I will post a pix of them. (though I am not a very good photographer)
Old 04-04-2009, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

I would lov to have anything you can find in a tiny print. I don't use the small prints as much but I do use them for borders and in stripwork.

I will pay for anything you find and pay for the shipping! I am always on the lookout and I do this for a living so I am not in any hurry just always on the hunt for strong contrast tiny print.

I really appeciate your offer and I almost added to my post "oh please don't tell me you don't know where you got it!" I ry to keep a record of where I got certain fabrics but even when I take the itme to record it a lot of times it isn't there when I go back! Oh well! Sigh!

Please don't feel I was asking for scraps I was just interested in the fabric. Scraps are always welcome but if I can when I find one I really like I would like to get at least 2 yards or more. So if you do find this one I can sendyou the money for at least 2 yards and I would like 4-5 if possible especially if the price is so low.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:18 AM

I am almost sure that is where I got it. It was last fall, so not sure they will have it since they are a surplus store from furniture, rugs, junk, & pots and pans to fabric!

Your term stong contrast print - the others I have probably are not as strong as the blue and white.

Will keep you posted.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

I am almost sure that is where I got it. It was last fall, so not sure they will have it since they are a surplus store from furniture, rugs, junk, & pots and pans to fabric!

Your term stong contrast print - the others I have probably are not as strong as the blue and white.

Will keep you posted.
Sounds like my kind of store! - wish I was closer- we call it junk shopping. We have several stores in Iowa City that are junk shops. One is called House Works and it is like going to a yard sale in a large warehouse. It is shelves and shelves of bins of stuff! at 50 cents to a couple of dollars. There is furniture and books kitchen stuff appliances remnants linens you name it they have it. They got flooded out this last fall and lost everything! and they have a Kids Works down the street too. They had to start over from scratch even to making new shelving! This is a large warehouse and it was a big loss! They are a consignment shop so people rallyied round and brought them stuff right away to keep them in business. They like a lot of other business had to move to temporary quarters for awhile but they are back in their original building again.