Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
April 1st  2011 "Houses" BOM "Spring Birdhouse" Discussions and Directions >

April 1st 2011 "Houses" BOM "Spring Birdhouse" Discussions and Directions

April 1st 2011 "Houses" BOM "Spring Birdhouse" Discussions and Directions

Old 04-02-2011, 02:40 PM

I am SO sorry ya'll are having so much trouble. Here is how to find it from the Home page of the site:

Go to the Home Page
http://thegoldenthimble.com/

Go down that page almost to the bottom of the list and click on the "SPECIAL REQUESTED FREE QUILT BLOCKS"
http://thegoldenthimble.com/specialrequests.html

Here you will see all the free block patterns. They have some really cute ones by the way :) Anyway, you will see the little birdhouse block right in the middle. Just click on the Name "SPRING BIRDHOUSE"
http://thegoldenthimble.com/springbirdhouse.pdf

You will need to give it a minute to load and you also have to have the ability to load a PDF file. If you ONLY want to print the last page with the roof and birds then just change your print options from "PRINT ALL" to print page 8 only.

I hope that helps. Have fun!! :D

Originally Posted by pheasantduster
I'm having same problem with downloading - even went to site and could not figure out how to bring up "birdhouse" as there is no search button. Looking forward to the challenge when all is available. Thank you.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:10 PM

Was just wondering, is this birdhouse block of the month new? Is this the first block? Is it too late to join?

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:05 PM

You can join anytime....this is the 4th block in House BOM
So far we have done a Church, a Farmhouse, and a Barn...
you can find them in the BLOCK OF THE MONTH section on the Home page.....we are having a great time....please join in on the fun.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by sally's girl
You can join anytime....this is the 4th block in House BOM
So far we have done a Church, a Farmhouse, and a Barn...
you can find them in the BLOCK OF THE MONTH section on the Home page.....we are having a great time....please join in on the fun.
Thank you for answering her question sally's girl!! :thumbup: I really appreciate it. I hope everyone is having fun now!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 04-02-2011, 08:45 PM

I would like to join also. What do I need to do to get started and which block do I do first? And we keep the blocks for ourselves, right?
Thanks
Old 04-02-2011, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
I am SO sorry ya'll are having so much trouble. Here is how to find it from the Home page of the site:

Go to the Home Page
http://thegoldenthimble.com/

Go down that page almost to the bottom of the list and click on the "SPECIAL REQUESTED FREE QUILT BLOCKS"
http://thegoldenthimble.com/specialrequests.html

Here you will see all the free block patterns. They have some really cute ones by the way :) Anyway, you will see the little birdhouse block right in the middle. Just click on the Name "SPRING BIRDHOUSE"
http://thegoldenthimble.com/springbirdhouse.pdf

You will need to give it a minute to load and you also have to have the ability to load a PDF file. If you ONLY want to print the last page with the roof and birds then just change your print options from "PRINT ALL" to print page 8 only.

I hope that helps. Have fun!! :D

Originally Posted by pheasantduster
I'm having same problem with downloading - even went to site and could not figure out how to bring up "birdhouse" as there is no search button. Looking forward to the challenge when all is available. Thank you.
thank you Qbee that seemed to do the trick. :thumbup:
Old 04-02-2011, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by quiltjoey
I would like to join also. What do I need to do to get started and which block do I do first? And we keep the blocks for ourselves, right?
Thanks
Here is the link that will show you the first three month's block pattern's & pictures. Just click on the link that you want to see. I hope this answer's your question. Yes, these blocks are for us to keep. Happy to have you joining in on all of the fun!!
:D :D :D :D

http://www.quiltingboard.com/user_page.jsp?upnum=1901
Old 04-03-2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by inemmausinn
hmmm, Planning and zoning says only human house will work in my quilt neighborhood so I'm going to have to go off on my own and try to paper piece a square that looks like my first house.
My zoning board said the same thing, so to make it mine, last night I starting looking. Since I love camping so much I found and bought a pattern for a PP camper and car, which I'll make it fit. Thats what I love about this board, the freedom of doing your own thing. Thanks so much for everyones hard work on the BOM.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:59 AM

Qbee and all our other fine quilters. I did manage to get to the Spring Birdhouse on the Golden Thimble web site but please note: Site informs that best used on Internet Explorer and also you may have to download Adobe Reader. Well, I have an Apple so there is where the problem is BUT sister, has a PC so I'm off to visit her (and use her computer). Looking forward to attempting this applique project. Thank you.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:33 AM

I just bought fabric to join this group, so I haven't started yet. I've got a lot of work to do to catch up. Now I have to figure out how to change those birds to the woodpeckers that nest in my yard!