Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: April Baltimore Block of the Month

Blog Entries
    I wondered about the same thing also and i am watching this thread for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
    Quote Originally Posted by crains12
    I have been following along with this since the beginning and have completed my blocks so far using wool applique on Flannel. It is a beautiful quilt and I really appreciate all the work you have done for us.

I have decided to make my quilt the larger version using the inner border around the center block. I was able to print off the template for the inner borderbut I am afraid it is not the correct size.

The Flowers on the pattern I printed of are only 5/8" is this correct? For some reason this seems really small so I wanted to verify. I realize we are only using a 6 1/2" block but wanted to check.

Thanks again for all your help!!!
    I can't wait to see your quilt. I haven't used wool before but it can be stunning.

Blog Entries
    I have been following along with this since the beginning and have completed my blocks so far using wool applique on Flannel. It is a beautiful quilt and I really appreciate all the work you have done for us.

I have decided to make my quilt the larger version using the inner border around the center block. I was able to print off the template for the inner borderbut I am afraid it is not the correct size.

The Flowers on the pattern I printed of are only 5/8" is this correct? For some reason this seems really small so I wanted to verify. I realize we are only using a 6 1/2" block but wanted to check.

Can't wait to see your wool quilt, please post a block, it must be beautiful.

I opened the PDF file, at top of the screen there is a box that indicates what size the pattern is viewed at. When I opened it it showed 75% and the pattern measured 5/8".

Be sure that it is set at 100%, when I changed it to 100% , the flower now measures 3/4", which is the correct size.

Also check your printer that it prints the correct size.

Blog Entries
    Hi gal288 can you please refresh my memory again :(
    Is 6 1/2" back ground fabric the actual size of the finish block? looks like the 1/4" seams will cut some of the leaf. You know what i mean? Sorry i am not good at explaining :( have a good day :)

Quote Originally Posted by gal288

Can't wait to see your wool quilt, please post a block, it must be beautiful.

I opened the PDF file, at top of the screen there is a box that indicates what size the pattern is viewed at. When I opened it it showed 75% and the pattern measured 5/8".

Be sure that it is set at 100%, when I changed it to 100% , the flower now measures 3/4", which is the correct size.

Also check your printer that it prints the correct size.

Blog Entries
    The corner block for the inner swag will finish at 4.50". I am starting to work on the block today, will post within a couple of days.

Here is my finished block, Heart Wreath, will finish to 12"

12" Heart Wreath block
    Name:  Attachment-182667.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  53.6 KB

The corner block for the inner swag will finish at 4.50". I am starting to work on the block today, will post within a couple of days.

Looks great! It will be fun to see how everybody's turns out.

Blog Entries
    I am just now getting my head above water...so many projects I had to get done, now only have 2 small tops to quilt and a table runner & 4 placemats to finish. Then I can come back to this!! Hopefully in 10 days I'll be FREE!! :-) Wish me luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    I am just now getting my head above water...so many projects I had to get done, now only have 2 small tops to quilt and a table runner & 4 placemats to finish. Then I can come back to this!! Hopefully in 10 days I'll be FREE!! :-) Wish me luck!!
    You'll do it! It will be good to see you back with us. Just use it as incentive to get your other stuff done first. I have to finish two blocks and a wall hanging before I can start on this months BOM. It will get done eventually. I'm not a fast quilter.

Blog Entries
    Thanks gal288 i will go now and finish my block and post in a couple of days. I really love your block. Have a good day sending you some sunshine from Aussie Land :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by capucine
    Thanks gal288 i will go now and finish my block and post in a couple of days. I really love your block. Have a good day sending you some sunshine from Aussie Land :)

We had nice weather today but tomorrow rain, I wonder if Spring is coming this year? Just saw my first Robin this past weekend, so late this year.

Forgive me - but I just discovered this block of the month. If I started now - how behind am I? How many have there been for this quilt?

Quote Originally Posted by Nana Coop
    Forgive me - but I just discovered this block of the month. If I started now - how behind am I? How many have there been for this quilt?
    There isn't any hurry to be done by a specific pace. We are only on the third block. Join us! I have only done two blocks myself but it's a great bunch of people to hang out with and discuss the blocks also.

Thanks Bonni!! You're the best.

And another thing---do all these blocks go with other blocks or are they random ones. Like I see a church block and a farm house block. Do these go with the Baltimore or where are other Baltimore blocks? Sorry I'm sorta slow here.

Blog Entries
    And another thing---do all these blocks go with other blocks or are they random ones. Like I see a church block and a farm house block. Do these go with the Baltimore or where are other Baltimore blocks? Sorry I'm sorta slow here.
    the Baltimore Album is a 15 month bom club that started in February.

Anyone can join anytime, here are the links to the first & second block:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-97786-1.htm

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-105888-1.htm

There are photos there of the quilt & blocks done so far, instructions, and a pattern download.

Do whatever method you like, some are doing fusible, hand applique, and even wool blanket stitch.

Have fun, glad you joined us. Be sure to post your progress, we love seeing each others blocks.

Any questions, post, everyone is very helpful.

60" square, some are doing wallhanging
    Name:  Attachment-183313.jpe
Views: 32
Size:  30.8 KB

94" queen, some are doing bed size
    Name:  Attachment-183314.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  27.1 KB

If you go here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-96076-1.htm

you'll see what the final product will be similar to. The other BOMs are separate from this one.

LOL. I think we were typing at the same time. :) It's a gorgeous quilt to work on. Thanks for reposting the links. It's good to have them from time to time.

Blog Entries
    OK good luck jljack as long as you enjoy the process have a good day :)

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    :lol:

This is my heart wreath block for April. I also finished 4 inner border corner blocks.

April Heart Wreath Block
    Name:  Attachment-184034.jpe
Views: 12
Size:  58.8 KB

It looks great! I haven't started mine yet but I will get to it....as well as all the other corner blocks. LOL. Can't wait to see how everybody does.

Quote Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
    It looks great! I haven't started mine yet but I will get to it....as well as all the other corner blocks. LOL. Can't wait to see how everybody does.
    I'm learning how to machine applique with this quilt and I was so worried about doing these corner blocks because the flowers and leaves were so small, but they turned out okay.

Blog Entries
    Surfergirl, your block is beautiful! Can't wait to see the smaller blocks.

Blog Entries
    Good Morning Ladies I just wanted to share my April block just finished :) photo is a little blurry sorry :(
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful, looks like you did button hole applique stitch around the smaller hearts. Nice touch

Blog Entries
    Hi gal288! Yes button hole applique every where my eyes will probably look like a button hole by the time i finish this project :) but am enjoying the process,

Beautiful, looks like you did button hole applique stitch around the smaller hearts. Nice touch
    the square is to be cut to 4.5" correct?
    Name:  Attachment-184512.jpe
Views: 17
Size:  13.3 KB

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast