Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: April Baltimore Block of the Month

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by capucine
    Hi gal288! Yes button hole applique every where my eyes will probably look like a button hole by the time i finish this project :) but am enjoying the process,

Quote Originally Posted by gal288
    Beautiful, looks like you did button hole applique stitch around the smaller hearts. Nice touch
    Yes, but don't trim up yet incase your size is different.

very pretty block

Blog Entries
    No i won't trim thank you :)

Quote Originally Posted by capucine
    Hi gal288! Yes button hole applique every where my eyes will probably look like a button hole by the time i finish this project :) but am enjoying the process,

Beautiful, looks like you did button hole applique stitch around the smaller hearts. Nice touch
    Yes, but don't trim up yet incase your size is different.

very pretty block

Here are my 4 inner border corner blocks, untrimmed.

Inner Border Corner Blocks
    Name:  Attachment-184521.jpe
Views: 12
Size:  50.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Cool very pretty :)

Quote Originally Posted by Surfergirl

Blog Entries
    Looking good!

Isn't everyone doing a great job!

Love it.

Everyone is doing a great job! Love seeing everyone's blocks and how different they all are.

Blog Entries
    Hi Gal, I'm not working on this BOM yet, but just had to download the patterns because it is soooooooo pretty. As you know I loved your tute on ruched roses and stuffed flowers. I am currently working on 10 BOMs and other projects in between downloading the patterns each month. I think I am going to start this one next month. I am thinking batiks. Thanks for your great work.

Blog Entries
    Hi Gal, I'm not working on this BOM yet, but just had to download the patterns because it is soooooooo pretty. As you know I loved your tute on ruched roses and stuffed flowers. I am currently working on 10 BOMs and other projects in between downloading the patterns each month. I think I am going to start this one next month. I am thinking batiks. Thanks for your great work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollyv9
    Hi Polly, glad to hear that you like this BOM. Welcome aboard, start whenever you can, there is plenty of time to catch up.

Thanks for your nice compliments.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    I am just now getting my head above water...so many projects I had to get done, now only have 2 small tops to quilt and a table runner & 4 placemats to finish. Then I can come back to this!! Hopefully in 10 days I'll be FREE!! :-) Wish me luck!!
    You'll do it! It will be good to see you back with us. Just use it as incentive to get your other stuff done first. I have to finish two blocks and a wall hanging before I can start on this months BOM. It will get done eventually. I'm not a fast quilter.
    Thanks for the encouragement, Bonni!! Hope you are back to yourself after your illness.

And Yes, I am getting closer to starting to work on the March and April blocks. I am excited to get to work on them!!

Gal, I LOVE how your heart wreath came out!! Lovely colors!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfergirl
    Surfergirl, you are right up on all these blocks, and they are just turning out wonderful!!! Good work.

I am loving seeing how all the blocks are coming out. I've started doing my leaves but think I should have started with the circle instead. Oh well, I don't have that many leaves done that it will make a big difference.

I was talking to another member of QB and telling her about our BOM. I think she might try it. I hope so because I didn't think I could do this myself until I started. So if you see the name Tealfalcon pop up, wish her a hearty welcome. She is my swap partner for something else and I will be doing a Baltimore inspired needle turned table runner for her. :) Wouldn't have thought about doing it before I started this BOM.

Thought I posted my block but I guess I didn't so here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks great! keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    Diva, great block, seems everyone is using my colors so far!

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva
    Thought I posted my block but I guess I didn't so here it is.
    Very pretty. I should be able to finish March block today & begin on April block this week.

Do we have to increase this pattern? when I printed it, it came up to a smaller block?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Woman
    Do we have to increase this pattern? when I printed it, it came up to a smaller block?
    When you open the PDF, check to see if the size is 100%. Then print, some of them have been opening up at 75.

I am Joining....will have to play a bit of catch up....but looking forward to making this

Quote Originally Posted by tealfalcon
    I am Joining....will have to play a bit of catch up....but looking forward to making this
    YAY!!!! Hi there. Glad that you are joining us. I figure if *I* can do this, then anybody can. Not to say that it won't be an accomplishment when finished....it will be. But it certainly makes it easier to think about when you only look at one month at a time.

Lol just add it to my ever growing pile of projects lol. I have a dear Jane started....20 blocks done....a zillion to go

Quote Originally Posted by tealfalcon
    Lol just add it to my ever growing pile of projects lol. I have a dear Jane started....20 blocks done....a zillion to go
    I know you are a quilter by that statement. I think all quilters (or most of them anyway) have a growing pile of projects. :)

You'll do fine on this. No pressure and it goes for 15 months so there is plenty of time.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Tealfalcon, glad you're joining us. If you need any help with previous block locations let me know, I'll send you a link.

The first post has all the fabric requirements and general instructions on how the BOM works.

Have fun and remember to post your blocks as you get done. We love seeing each other's work.

Blog Entries
    Welcome, Tealfalcon!! PokerDiva, that block is wonderful!! I have to try to get some of this project done this coming weekend. I have 2 small quilts to quilt this week, which won't be hard. Then I can MOVE ON!! WHEWWWW!! I have been feeling so buried in fabric!! LOL

I finally finished the four corners for March. I will now start on the 4 small corners and heart block. I am doing traditional needle turning applique so takes a bit longer but I am so thrilled with the way the blocks are turning out. I did all 4 corners a little different and have tried to stay with traditional reds, golds, greens and blues. Just love this. Thank you agin for all of your time and work
    Janet

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast