Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Baltimore Album BOM March Block >

Baltimore Album BOM March Block

Baltimore Album BOM March Block

Old 03-25-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by gal288
Originally Posted by DebbyT
I wanted to do a Baltimore, and after several books, and other searches, I printed out this pattern for the center and corner blocks, taped them together, and liked them. I have now selected the fabrics and have been tracing pattern pieces. I have read all of the posts I think, but I did not see the measurements for the finished quilt. It looks to add up to appx 90" X 90" with sashing and borders. Am I even close? -- Also, thanks for your efforts and assistance.
Hi Debby, glad you decided to join in, the quilt currently will finish up about 60" square, but you can add more blocks to make it bigger. Let me know what size you are looking for and I can do some other blocks for you to add.
The fabrics listed are for this size quilt, so if you are going to make it bigger, be sure to order more fabric.

:lol:
Hi Peg...I would like that, too. I would like the quilt to end up about 85x85 or 90x90. Maybe another swag border added in there somewhere? :-) You're the best!!
I would also like to add some extra blocks.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:17 PM

This weekend I will do up some additional sizes, queen & king with additional blocks and maybe another border. Will post them for those who want to increase their quilt.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:34 PM

G'day to all and to you gal288 you are doing a fantastic job with all the request i would also like mine in a queen size i won't cut my blocks until they are all finished i nearly finished my corner blocks will upload photos in the next couple of days.
Have a great week end to all. :)

This weekend I will do up some additional sizes, queen & king with additional blocks and maybe another border. Will post them for those who want to increase their quilt.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:36 AM

I wanted to do a Baltimore, and after several books, and other searches, I printed out this pattern for the center and corner blocks, taped them together, and liked them. I have now selected the fabrics and have been tracing pattern pieces. I have read all of the posts I think, but I did not see the measurements for the finished quilt. It looks to add up to appx 90" X 90" with sashing and borders. Am I even close? -- Also, thanks for your efforts and assistance.
Hi Debby, glad you decided to join in, the quilt currently will finish up about 60" square, but you can add more blocks to make it bigger. Let me know what size you are looking for and I can do some other blocks for you to add.
The fabrics listed are for this size quilt, so if you are going to make it bigger, be sure to order more fabric.

:lol:
If it finishes up at 60", then, is the border shown not included? I like the applique of flowers around the squares and was planning to scallop the edge. My progress has been slow. I changed my fabric selection for the stems and leaves, and am ready to cut now.
I was refering to the White border with the leaves and flowers running around the squares, not extra blocks. That row doesn't seem to add into your figures. It was not my intention to add work to you. I appreciate all you have done.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:37 AM

I would like to make mine larger also. Maybe queen size. I will post a picture of the corner block I finished. I tried the rouching for the first time and really enjoyed doing it. Hope I did it right
Attached Thumbnails attachment-175255.jpe   attachment-175256.jpe  
Old 03-26-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by fancifrock
I would like to make mine larger also. Maybe queen size. I will post a picture of the corner block I finished. I tried the rouching for the first time and really enjoyed doing it. Hope I did it right
Looks terrific. My ruching didn't turn out right so will try that another time. Right now I'll just do the needle turn. I love how yours looks though.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:49 AM

I think you did a wonderful job...it's beautiful!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:37 PM

Fanci, looks great. Love the colors.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:09 PM

Here is a 94" square version of the quilt, I added a couple of plain borders and then an outside swag border. The border is square but it would look really nice curved with the swag!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-175500.jpe  
Old 03-26-2011, 05:51 PM

Here is a 94" square version of the quilt, I added a couple of plain borders and then an outside swag border. The border is square but it would look really nice curved with the swag!
I really like that. I am going to have to see if I can get more backround fabric to match what I have.