Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Baltimore Album BOM March Block

Quote Originally Posted by Surfergirl
    LastGrandma: Did you use all batik fabric for your blocks, including the background? Do you know a reasonable place online to buy batik fabrics? Your work is beautiful!
    Thank you for the compliment. Yes, all the blocks are using up my scrap batiks. Many bought several years ago...nothing purchased online. Don't ever want to buy "cheap" batiks, (or any material)! Also, never pay full price for a material -- wait (if you can) for a good sale, or use a coupon!

The background material is NOT a batik. It is a very lite brown with gold flecks in it. Thought it would be a slightly flashy backdrop for my 'modern' Baltimore Album!

Quote Originally Posted by LastGrandma
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfergirl
    LastGrandma: Did you use all batik fabric for your blocks, including the background? Do you know a reasonable place online to buy batik fabrics? Your work is beautiful!
    Thank you for the compliment. Yes, all the blocks are using up my scrap batiks. Many bought several years ago...nothing purchased online. Don't ever want to buy "cheap" batiks, (or any material)! Also, never pay full price for a material -- wait (if you can) for a good sale, or use a coupon!

The background material is NOT a batik. It is a very lite brown with gold flecks in it. Thought it would be a slightly flashy backdrop for my 'modern' Baltimore Album!
    I love how it is looking. I picked out my fabric for the four corner blocks but am still deciding if I want to be brave and try the ruching technique. My friend Connie is saying to do it but ...hmm. I don't know. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by gal288
    Quote Originally Posted by simbasue22
    Shouldn't the center block be equal in size to 2 of the border blocks? or at least smaller , since there is a sashing strip between them ?
    yes, but because everyone has liked the ruched rose, I am adding another swag border around the center block, which has changed the calculations

you're very astute, picked up on the change, maybe next month you can be my proofreader?
    Love the new center block and swag border. This pattern is just getting better and better.

Blog Entries
    Nana, glad you like it, everyone seemed to like the tutes, so I decided to add the swag so you cann choose which flowers to use.

Nana, glad you like it, everyone seemed to like the tutes, so I decided to add the swag so you cann choose which flowers to use.
    Where do I print the patterns with the new swag border? If we don't want to add that do we stick with the original pattern?

Blog Entries
    I love how it is looking. I picked out my fabric for the four corner blocks but am still deciding if I want to be brave and try the ruching technique. My friend Connie is saying to do it but ...hmm. I don't know. LOL.[/quote]

Bonnie -You know you WANT to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dream56
    I love how it is looking. I picked out my fabric for the four corner blocks but am still deciding if I want to be brave and try the ruching technique. My friend Connie is saying to do it but ...hmm. I don't know. LOL.
    Bonnie -You know you WANT to do it.[/quote]

I will if you will Dee.....and I won't forget if you say yes, I'll remind you. hehehe

Blog Entries
    I will - it's just not going to happen very soon. Got too much to finish first for deadlines.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthruff3
    Where do I print the patterns with the new swag border? If we don't want to add that do we stick with the original pattern?
    Swag border will be next month, if you don't want to add it then you will stick with the original.

Blog Entries
    Center block finished :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by capucine
    Nicely done! Which method did you use? I couldn't tell but that is probably be because of my eye problems right now. :)

My block this month is on hold for another week or so until my eye straightens out a bit more.

Blog Entries
    Hi BinniFeltz
    Thank you I use the buttonhole method applique. Hope you are feeling a little better i am now recuperating from surgery came home last night from hospital, it's good to be back home :)
    Have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
    Nicely done! Which method did you use? I couldn't tell but that is probably be because of my eye problems right now. :)

My block this month is on hold for another week or so until my eye straightens out a bit more.

I love the red vase. It really brightens the block.

Blog Entries
    Thank you PokerDive the vase is actually combination of Orange Brown yellow etc. :) I am waiting for some bright Batik fabric from USA maybe next week i should have them.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva
    I love the red vase. It really brightens the block.

Wow! Very pretty..love the colors!...can't wait to get started on mine....

Blog Entries
    Thank you rudiemom have fun with yours i know i did with mine. :)

Quote Originally Posted by rudiemom

Blog Entries
    Thank you rudiemom have fun with yours i know i did with mine. :)

Quote Originally Posted by rudiemom

Blog Entries
    Be brave have a go it's easy to do i tried it with a piece of fabric first while listening to TV :)

Quote Originally Posted by dream56
    Bonnie -You know you WANT to do it.[/quote]

Oh my, I didn't even notice the swag but, I LOVE IT!!!!! Thank you for sharing your talent.

Blog Entries
    It's been tooo quiet,, hope that means everyone is busy working!!

You gave us quite a chore this month with 4 blocks so I think that yes we are all busy. I am still working on the leaves. :-D :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva
    You gave us quite a chore this month with 4 blocks so I think that yes we are all busy. I am still working on the leaves. :-D :lol:
    I'm with you on this one. I'm working on the leaves. I have about half of them and then my eye gave me problems again. Had to set it aside. I'll get back to it after a bit.

Getting ready to begin...had some other projects to finish.

haha, kids are off for the weekend...that slows even us Grandmas down. I am just preparing to cut the backgrounds, but had to doublecheck the measurements. Am loving this project .

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear all you elves aare busy! Idle hands get you in trouble. I' ve been working a machine applique lap quilt for my bed. I still have too finnish a lighthouse block for Gwenny,,, we did an extra swap last month & I need to get it out to her.
    so I haven''t started our block for next month, but it will be easy so yooou have time to work on the 4 blocks this. Month.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast