Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012. >

Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012.

Block of the Month - 1st of each month 2012.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
You are so right!! I am choosing the block for January & it will represent what I think fits that month. When February gets here, that block sould be realted to hearts or Valentine's Day & so on & so on. They will be regular pieced, appliqued, paper pieced or whatever method the person chooses her pattern to be. It's suppose to be fun & a little bit of a challange too. I love the idea of venturing out & learning something new once & awhile & I hope you will too!!
But I think it should be whatever it means to them. For instance, to me March can be kites as that is what we did as youngsters (not shamrocks). February we also did Lincoln's birthday (log cabin?) and George washington's birthday (cherry tree). Therefore, my thoughts was that it didn't have to be hearts for Feb, etc. Am I wrong in this?
Old 12-30-2011, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post
But I think it should be whatever it means to them. For instance, to me March can be kites as that is what we did as youngsters (not shamrocks). February we also did Lincoln's birthday (log cabin?) and George washington's birthday (cherry tree). Therefore, my thoughts was that it didn't have to be hearts for Feb, etc. Am I wrong in this?
Jeanine,
Thank you for bringing that to my attention!! I agree with you 100%. The blocks shouldn't be what I originally stated, they should all be what the person picking that month's block wants the month to represent. I love your idea of kite's for March & all of the other ones you listed. We are so lucky to have so many choice's. The sky is the limit, so let you imagination wander. No, you are certainly not wrong!!

Last edited by SulaBug; 12-30-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:58 AM

Default Swap

I especially like the fact that these are not swaps as I am a newbie so I can learn without feeling the ineptness of others critiquing my rookie quilting! Can't wait for tomorrow for the new first one choice. Hope there arent too many paper piecing though as I want to learn basic quilting tecniques first before I tackle any applique or paper piecing.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by mona202 View Post
I especially like the fact that these are not swaps as I am a newbie so I can learn without feeling the ineptness of others critiquing my rookie quilting!
One lovely thing here is you won't be critiqued negatively. I think you will enjoy this group of people.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:56 PM

Count me in Sulabug! I'm still working on the 2011 bom...Jeeze! I'm always a work in progress! LOL!!!
Old 12-31-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by karenkrafts View Post
Count me in Sulabug! I'm still working on the 2011 bom...Jeeze! I'm always a work in progress! LOL!!!
You are not alone Karen. I don't think I'll finish the 2011 BOM top until June!
Jeanine
Old 12-31-2011, 04:53 PM

Too True. Everyone here has always been awesome. I just meant I would FEEL inept if I had to send a block to the people on here who, from what I have seen, are FANTASTIC quilters.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:44 PM

I am in. This sounds like fun. Thanks so much.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:03 PM

I'm 3/4 through a mystery (doing 2 quilts in different colorwaves), 1/2 through a BOM (doing 2 quilts in different colorwaves), 1/4 through another BOM (doing 3 in different colorwaves--these are only 8 1/2" blocks so will do the 3 into tablerunners), only have 1 more month for another BOM (doing 3 quilts all totally scrappy)...so what's another BOM? I love doing them online...so much fun! So I'm in...hope I can keep up with everything PLUS the crafts for the craftshow booth. I will definately be busy trying to keep up with everything. I usually do multiples of stuff cuz some I sell, some I donate, & once in awhile I keep or give as gifts. I get bored easily, so always have a bunch going at once. Keeps life interesting! Happy Sew Year Everyone!!!
Old 12-31-2011, 06:05 PM

It's hard to believe it's New Year's Eve...I am sewing on my farmhouse block from last year(this year for a few more hours)to the sounds of fireworks. This will be my first block I've completely finished from the 2011 set. I've gotten several of them done but haven't embellished them yet so they're not officially done. This is the fun part to me adding the little touches.

I will continue to work on these blocks and look forward to the new ones as well. It is so much fun seeing how everyone sees their block. Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!