Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - The Photos >

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - The Photos

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - The Photos

Old 04-01-2007, 07:30 AM
Administrator

isn't that wierd? when i resized the image so it wouldn't take a year to download on dial up, it suddenly didn't look real anymore. but i promise, it is. i topstitched around the yellow using regular dark purple thread. before it did that, the yellow just kinda sat there all blah and wishy washy.

trust me. i made it before i posted it the first time. didn't want to accidentally mislead anybody about whether or not it was a good block for any level of experience.

Tim secretly tested the Arrowheads for me ahead of time. i haven't gotten to that one yet.

and as long as i'm admitting to things here, i'm going to wonder out loud if we're loading the "pictures" thread with posts that should be over in the "discussion" thread under Main.
Not joining the quilt police. Promise!!! Just trying to make sure we take full advantage of the new system. and that we use both threads to encourage people who may not yet have made up their minds about jumping into the fun.
:oops:
Old 04-01-2007, 07:36 AM

That's a good trick to remember--putting a bit of the complementary color next to a color that needs a lift. Cool!

We've got all month (and to infinity and beyond) to complete blocks, right? Of course right!

Y'know the same thought crossed my mind... too many words between pictures? (Sashing between the blocks?)
Old 04-01-2007, 08:53 AM

Patrice, I really did not understand the pattern of this block until I saw yours. I am starting over. Overs are fair!! :twisted:
Old 04-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Administrator

argue with me about that on the other thread. 'cause you knooooooooow i have a word or two about finish first AND do-over it it'll make you happy.

AND i hope you started at the top because mine was not the first frolic posted, and most definitely not the best. they had to drag mine out of the scanner kicking and screaming.

AND this is not a competition. that would take all the fun out of it.

nanner, nanner, nanner
:mrgreen:
Old 04-01-2007, 07:45 PM

OK, I know it's possible to get this block smaller, but 5" is my limit!!! And I even like my first attempt ( the bigger block) better.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:17 PM

Ooohhhh Leslee!! Great blocks! I like them both, but the smaller one with the black is calling me.... :wink:
sue
Old 04-01-2007, 08:23 PM

Oh WOW! I love everyone's blocks. Everyone has chosen great corresponding colors. I love them all. I can't wait to get started on mine. Great job guys! :!: :D
Old 04-02-2007, 05:44 AM

Awright!! you guys Is this "Frolic" the April BOM. I haven't looked yet! But all your industry is really making me feel Lazy!! I'm still trying to get off my patuti (It's not a word that I know of, You're supposed to use your imagination!) and get my machine out of the closet! I'm still trying to find the Blazing Arrow finished block photos. I found them once then Poof they seemed to disapear. I didn't want to ask first thing until I had looked a little more.

But these blocks are all looking Oh so colorful. I'm :mrgreen: over so much accomplishment. But also feeling inspired. Good work you all!
Old 04-02-2007, 06:03 AM

Here ya go, Susan.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/760.page
Old 04-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Administrator

for the edification of all here present and wondering, Patuti is a real word. at least where i come from.
there are conflicting schools of thought on spelling, but not on it's intrinsic value.
we consider it a useful, highly valued and essential addition to the language and our culture.
;-)