Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Dear Jane Cyber Block Party D5, G10, H1, BR2 Pics >

Dear Jane Cyber Block Party D5, G10, H1, BR2 Pics

Dear Jane Cyber Block Party D5, G10, H1, BR2 Pics

Old 01-14-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Originally Posted by Marinemom2J
Thanks ESQ. That really means a lot to me especially since any day now he deploys for Afghan and I'm a bit of a wreck this time around.
A distant friend of mine farewelled her hubby in November last year, he has gone to Afghanistan for six months with our Armed Forces. She reckons apart from the worry, the hardest thing is simply not being able to talk to him whenever she wants.... with cell phones and internet and technology in general we're used to instant communication.

Your blocks look awesome too! :-)
She would have hated the old method, which was to wait for letters; and even then it could take months and months to receive them. I laugh at these young gals now (or guys, if their wives are in the military and stationed on board ships or overseas) who complain and yet can text, send emails, or receive calls on a regular basis. Sounds like your friend is dealing with the older method, the wait-and-see-and-maybe you'll-hear-from-them method.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Originally Posted by Marinemom2J
Thanks ESQ. That really means a lot to me especially since any day now he deploys for Afghan and I'm a bit of a wreck this time around.
A distant friend of mine farewelled her hubby in November last year, he has gone to Afghanistan for six months with our Armed Forces. She reckons apart from the worry, the hardest thing is simply not being able to talk to him whenever she wants.... with cell phones and internet and technology in general we're used to instant communication.

Your blocks look awesome too! :-)
She would have hated the old method, which was to wait for letters; and even then it could take months and months to receive them. I laugh at these young gals now (or guys, if their wives are in the military and stationed on board ships or overseas) who complain and yet can text, send emails, or receive calls on a regular basis. Sounds like your friend is dealing with the older method, the wait-and-see-and-maybe you'll-hear-from-them method.
That's very true! lol

They get scheduled calls, but they don't always make it. I have a close friend whose hubby works on an oil ship and his contact is worse... it can be an entire week without contact for them. Mind you, she is a lot older so she's at the stage where a break from hubby is nice, she enjoys the peace and quiet! LMAO
Old 01-14-2010, 12:54 PM

LOL! Yeah, I understand. Sometimes I threaten hubby, telling him I'm going to make him join the Merchant Marines so that I can ship him out to sea. It would give me more time to quilt! :lol:
Old 01-14-2010, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
LOL! Yeah, I understand. Sometimes I threaten hubby, telling him I'm going to make him join the Merchant Marines so that I can ship him out to sea. It would give me more time to quilt! :lol:
LMAO

When hubby tells me he's going to need to work in the evening he looks so guilty and serious, I try really hard not to let on how excited I am because I'll get to sew all night without feeling bad! LOL
Old 01-14-2010, 02:14 PM

When hubby tells me he's going to need to work in the evening he looks so guilty and serious, I try really hard not to let on how excited I am because I'll get to sew all night without feeling bad! LOL
I know just what you mean! The other night I was telling my DH that I'd like one evening a week "to myself" which, of course is code "an evening to spend quilting"!

Jan
Old 01-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Banned

this is one of the major upsides to being with an artist - he understands completely when i tell him i have to work in the studio.

between my studios and his studio we devote more square footage of the house to art then to family living.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:33 AM

My DH had two cub scout meetings with our son this week. I was thrilled - all I could think was "guilt free sewing" time for me!! And I used every bit of the two hours I had!!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:34 PM

Okay, I finished the triangle tonight and can say I am not thrilled with it. I hope as time goes on the triangles get easier.

DJ Week 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58802[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-58802.jpe  
Old 01-15-2010, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto
Okay, I finished the triangle tonight and can say I am not thrilled with it. I hope as time goes on the triangles get easier.
i think your triangle looks pretty good
Old 01-15-2010, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto
i think your triangle looks pretty good
You are too kind. I figure it's not perfect but neither am I and when all the pieces go together it will look great.