• Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics >
  • Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics

• Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics

Old 01-01-2010, 11:33 AM
    Banned

it looks like all the same pieces except your E = my A
    Old 01-01-2010, 11:38 AM

I just finished the first set of blocks!! I love them. I cannot believe that I went from ZERO paper piecing experience straight to THIS!! LOL I think I'll be able to PP anything after this project, eh?? :D

[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...eek1Blocks.jpg[/IMG]

I haven't come up with a real name yet for mine... but I'm using fabrics that are my interpretation of civil war reproductions and muslin. So Civil War Repro for now!
    Old 01-01-2010, 11:48 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Brazen
    I just finished the first set of blocks!! I love them. I cannot believe that I went from ZERO paper piecing experience straight to THIS!! LOL I think I'll be able to PP anything after this project, eh?? :D

[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...eek1Blocks.jpg[/IMG]

I haven't come up with a real name yet for mine... but I'm using fabrics that are my interpretation of civil war reproductions and muslin. So Civil War Repro for now!
    you're a PP pro - they look stunning!!!

you can paper piece anything now - its really easy once you get the basic idea - there isn't a block you can't PP.
    Old 01-01-2010, 11:58 AM

Way to go Brazen! Your blocks are stunning. I'm so impressed that you are self taught paper piecer. I was so confused, I had to take a class, and even then, it took additional time at the instructor's house to get it down!
    Old 01-01-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    My pieces are not printing out the same as yours Look at your Unit C When I look at your triangle units together you read the numbers from right to left.
    I do not have the mirror choice clicked and mine read from left to right. I have printed 2 ways from the software, working on quilt select triangle (learned this from BC last night) click the icon size from quilt changes to correct size go to top print icon choose foundation and go from there, the other way work on block, harder to find the triangle you want but after you select the one you want choose print using the print icon on top of screen, make sure you change the size and preview print. Both come out the same, Unit C stills read from left to right, 1,2,etc. Does this make sense.
    clicked
    Old 01-01-2010, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by okie
    My pieces are not printing out the same as yours Look at your Unit C When I look at your triangle units together you read the numbers from right to left.
    I do not have the mirror choice clicked and mine read from left to right. I have printed 2 ways from the software, working on quilt select triangle (learned this from BC last night) click the icon size from quilt changes to correct size go to top print icon choose foundation and go from there, the other way work on block, harder to find the triangle you want but after you select the one you want choose print using the print icon on top of screen, make sure you change the size and preview print. Both come out the same, Unit C stills read from left to right, 1,2,etc. Does this make sense.
    clicked
    Problem solved, I left the DJ software open and hadn't closed it since last night. I closed the software and brought it back up and it printed the right way, numbers reading from right to left on Unit C, I don't have an unit E named (there is an E, it's just not named). I'll let you know about the mirror part. I just can't let go until I have a solution.
    Old 01-01-2010, 12:42 PM
    Banned

i understand what you saying about how the numbers read but where i have #1 you have #1 too and where i have #5 you have #5.

are numbers are in the exact same triangle sections except my piece isn't printing upside down.

when i preview my blocks/triangles my pieces are all a mess and on top of each other.

i have to pull them all apart and move then around, i've never had my pieces nicely placed like yours.
    Old 01-01-2010, 12:49 PM

i understand what you saying about how the numbers read but where i have #1 you have #1 too and where i have #5 you have #5.

are numbers are in the exact same triangle sections except my piece isn't printing upside down.

when i preview my blocks/triangles my pieces are all a mess and on top of each other.

i have to pull them all apart and move then around, i've never had my pieces nicely placed like yours.
    I had to move them around as well. One other question I know I've asked before. Before you sew your first seam, the paper is on top of the fabric, the printed side of the paper is facing you and the fabric under the paper is wrong side up. This is what you see when you look thru the paper. I may have another question after you answer this one.
    Old 01-01-2010, 12:53 PM
    Banned

yes.

printed side of paper is facing me. directly under that is number 1 fabric with the wrong side up and directly under that is number 2 fabric with right side up.

i sew the line between 1 and 2 and then i press fabric number 2 open so it covers the section 2 on the paper.
    Old 01-01-2010, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by sunrise450
    I have a question here. I read somewhere that before you print for paper piecing, you should check and print all blocks reversed. That way any block that needs to be reversed will be and it won't matter to those that don't have to be reversed.
    Has anyone else heard or read of this? I am going to try it today, if it is not so I will only lose a couple pieces of paper. If it is so then I won't make the mistake I made on my triangle.
    no, i haven't heard of any printing everything that way.

let me know how the experiment works out for you
    It works out perfect. I just clicked on the reverse and everything looks okay. The next block that I did stayed in the reverse without a change in anything.
    I did have to check the reverse for the triangle, that didn't stay in reverse for the second triangle. I don't feel that that is a problem though.