Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics >
  • Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics

• Dear Jane I9, K9, M8, & TR5 pics

Old 01-01-2010, 07:32 PM

I started trying to compare to see if the pieces looked the same as hers and got confused too. Just follow what it says and don't think too hard about it and it works!! I'm far from a genius, beleive me! Pretty soon all the parts just fall together.
    Old 01-01-2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
    I started trying to compare to see if the pieces looked the same as hers and got confused too. Just follow what it says and don't think too hard about it and it works!! I'm far from a genius, beleive me! Pretty soon all the parts just fall together.
    I agree that's what I'm doing right know. I was trying to salvage what I had done and it didn't work. I guess I don't know what a y seam is. There is a slight angle even in the one I trashed, but I my thougt of what a y seam is wasn't that. I'm going to go google y seam and see what it is.
    Old 01-01-2010, 08:00 PM

It's not a tech. Y seam but it does take a slight jog. It works in real well though. The tumbling block has diffinate Y seams. Hope you have a happy new year! We are going to have some fun on this quilt. If it was up to me to finish it by myself I never would. So this is great!
    Old 01-01-2010, 08:08 PM

That's a really good point... I'm often guilty of over thinking things. Sometimes it's better to just wade in! ;-)

Your triangle looks awesome, well done! :-)
    Old 01-01-2010, 08:12 PM

Thanks Blue, I absolutely love your DJ idea. The colors are perfect and your sashing rocks!
    Old 01-01-2010, 08:14 PM

Thanks Blue, I absolutely love your DJ idea. The colors are perfect and your sashing rocks!
    I stole/borrowed/copied the idea off someone else, so can't claim to be a brilliant designer unfortunately! LOL There's a picture on the net of a DJ a lady did (I must look up her name and give her proper credit!) and she did the storm at sea setting.

Bonnie Hunter is her name. I can see this done in white, blue and green as well.
    Old 01-01-2010, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    Probably the latter BC.
    At least you won't be alone, we'll be in there with you! LMAO
    Old 01-01-2010, 08:18 PM

Janstar, I'm going to have to start over... I got to the end and the way I was doing it didn't work out. *sigh* LOL I knew it was best to follow Klue's directions... next time I am NOT striking out on my own, and I'll figure out why what I'm doing looks different than hers. LOL Sheesh.
    Old 01-01-2010, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Brazen
    Janstar, I'm going to have to start over... I got to the end and the way I was doing it didn't work out. *sigh* LOL I knew it was best to follow Klue's directions... next time I am NOT striking out on my own, and I'll figure out why what I'm doing looks different than hers. LOL Sheesh.
    Can you take some photos?
    Old 01-01-2010, 09:47 PM

It's late, I'm in bed. I've put away my triangle that's too small. I'm keeping a diary. Each page names the block, gives a fabric sample and a comment or two. So far, not many comments, but BR2 will get a piece of my mind for sure! It's not difficult, really, I know it isn't. It's like Janstar says. But I printed it out incorrectly, using PDF, so it didn't make the triangle the proper size. So, I'm starting again tomorrow, much like you Okie. It's a new day, and will be better I'm sure.

Instead, I'm also thinking through my doll quilt...laying out some fabrics, starting to work on that a little too!! I'm gonna cruise the board and check in with folks.

I know we'll be talking soon~