Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 >

Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012

Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012

Old 12-05-2011, 06:28 AM

I just read the QB article on applique. I have never done it and reading the posts had rather frightened me. After the article, especially the part on freezer paper, I am actually anxious to try it.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat View Post
If you would just scroll down you would find it....but its post # 3197. I don't know how you go to a specific post # OR page # on this board.
Thanks, I found it!

That would have taken me a lot of scrolling without knowing the post # (it's page 80 for me). Actually, I had previously looked for it on page 80 (simply divided 160 by 2), but missed it, because I really didn't know exactly for what I was looking. So the post # may also help folks who use the standard # of posts/page.

Thanks again :-)
Old 12-05-2011, 07:36 AM

If anyone is looking for one, caspharm is destashing and has a Dear Jane book for sale for $9.00 - I just saw it on the Digest under "My library clean out".
Old 12-05-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by J.M. View Post
Scrappy of course! We Dutch are stingy, right? ("Kijken, kijken, niet kopen" )
Wel, JM, ik kope als ik in een quilt winkel ben. [dk how well my dutch is ??? was born in Den Haag - but that was quite a while ago and we moved to U.S. when I was 4] But having started this thread - we can be as "dutch" as you like!! I will mention again I am in Bethesda this week @ NIH hospital with my daughtr and do not know how often I will be able to check in... between this & Christmas is why I elected to start in January.

I have to say it is fun to see another dutch lady here - I believe there are 4 of us

Monica [aka Gus - grandson's nickname]
Old 12-05-2011, 10:12 AM

I did it the way Lacelady did hers inthe original cyber sew....I finally found it on the original thread...its on page 160...I'm going to try to post a link to it here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/[dear]-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063-160.html

Sandpat - just so 'we're all on that same page' ... can you please go back and check the posting number "#xxx" in the upper right corner of post since we have all chosen different posts per page. This new board is not set up so all people have the same page numbers...

Thanks
Old 12-05-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
Wel, JM, ik kope als ik in een quilt winkel ben. [dk how well my dutch is ??? was born in Den Haag - but that was quite a while ago and we moved to U.S. when I was 4] But having started this thread - we can be as "dutch" as you like!! I will mention again I am in Bethesda this week @ NIH hospital with my daughtr and do not know how often I will be able to check in... between this & Christmas is why I elected to start in January.

I have to say it is fun to see another dutch lady here - I believe there are 4 of us

Monica [aka Gus - grandson's nickname]
We Dutch ladies do seem to be quite well represented here on the board.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

Gus, I already did that and posted it before....I think it was 3197. Is there a way to go directly to a post # like we used to be able to go to a page number?
Old 12-06-2011, 12:09 PM

Gus, I already did that and posted it before....I think it was 3197. Is there a way to go directly to a post # like we used to be able to go to a page number?
Thanks for asking this question, as it motivated me to ask it in QB Help Center :-). The answer is to provide a direct link to the message, as QuiltnNan describes in ...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...ml#post4755875

In another message she tells how to go directly to a specific page #, of which I was unaware. QB uses the thread's subject when it creates the link, so this will look identical to the previous link, but it is not ...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...ml#post4756321

I think that it is also useful to list the post #, in case someone scrolls around on a page.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

Oh thanks...thats helpful...a bit cumbersome, but helpful.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:07 PM

I tried something befor reading Country's post.. this is my thought - I clicked on the first link and it brought me to a page that started with post #16XX [couldn't remember last two #s] which was about half of post #3197 - so I went up to my [don't know what its called... the site showing on my browser] to the part that had the "160" and doubled it to "320" - wala! it was exactly the right page. A much hokier way of doing it - but it does work. I have my site on my home computer set to display 20 posts per page so if I have a post# I can automatically figure out what page I should be on in a particular thread.