Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: delay in the next mystery

delay in the next mystery

Hope this is the place to post this. I had said that I would start the next mystery quilt mid-June, but life has interferred and I have to put it off for a couple months. I've had quite a few PMs asking me when the next one will be starting. So sorry for the delay. But start watching around the end of August.

I'm fine, but all around me is chaos! LOL When do our children stop misbehaving?
    When life gives you scraps, make a colorful happy quilt.

What a disappointment! But, okay, can finish up some other projects in the meantime. I'm glad all is okay, except for the chaos! Hang in there!

Looking forward to to the end of August!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    That would be never! Ask me how I know, especially with 2 boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Hope this is the place to post this. I had said that I would start the next mystery quilt mid-June, but life has interferred and I have to put it off for a couple months. I've had quite a few PMs asking me when the next one will be starting. So sorry for the delay. But start watching around the end of August.

I'm fine, but all around me is chaos! LOL When do our children stop misbehaving?

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear about the delay, but the wait will be worth it. Your mysteries are always fun.
    In my experience, children stop misbehaving when: they get married, or they have their own children that they have to be responsible for, or when the parents move across the country! (And leave them behind!)
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Judy, we completely understand and look forward to your next wonderful mystery train when your heart is in it... besides, it would benefit many of us to be outdoors enjoying the warm sunshine (especially here in Maine) after a long winter. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a mystery train post end of August or early September. In the meantime, breath in, breath out... and smile when you can.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Sorry for the chaotic goings on, but we'll all wait for the next train. Your mysteries are the best!

Blog Entries
    I'll look forward to it--on the positive side, this will give me time to FINALLY get to the last one! Best wishes to you amongst the chaos.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

Power Poster
    I think we stop being concerned and/or involved with our children and grandchildren when we die! (And I'm not positive that it stops then!)

Thanks so much for letting us know. Sometimes a delay is a blessing in disguise, so we can finish up some of the other great mystery quilts. Hope your life settles down to allow you to rest and enjoy some of the summer. Will be waiting patiently for the right time...

Thanks Judy for all you do. Like everyone said. This will give us time to catch up on some UFOs. I still have #7 to finish. All of you up north enjoy your nice summer weather. Here in Florida I stay in the AC all the time. It's too hot for me.

And, Judy, what's life without chaos!
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Klaws, I'm with you on the AC! Don't go out unless it is absolutely neccessary, like if I am out of milk! Every day from now on will be in the hundreds, last 3 days hit 105. but at least the early mornings and evenings after 9 are cooler. Not nice, but cooler!

I knew you would all understand, thanks for being patient with me on the next mystery. See you soon.

Blog Entries
    No hurry, Judy. I still haven't finished 8 and 9 (didn't do 10 because, like you, life happens). Take care of the chaos!
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Thanks for the 'heads up.' Among other projects, I have #9 to finish and probably will do #10 over the summer.

I will look forward to your next mystery whether it happens in August or later. Please don't rush it.

Take care of yourself and I hope the chaos slows down soon.

Connie

Sorry to hear of your chaos but understand living with my daughter and 3 grand children 2 teens and one almost. Good luck and lots of prayers for improvement. Will enjoy the next mystry when you are ready.

Sorry you are dealing with chaos! And yes it sometimes feels like it never ends.
    Will look forward to the next one whenever it happens. Getting ready to be gone most of the summer so maybe I can actually get on the train at the beginning this next time.

Sorry for the chaos in your life. Will be waiting patiently for the next mystery.
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    Life Is About Using The Whole Box Of Crayons.

Thanks, everyone, for being patient.

I have so many irons in the fire right now that it's almost a relief to know about the delay. I said "almost" because I truly do love your mysteries. Have a great summer, Judy.

Just hang in there!!!

Blog Entries
    Trust me, I totally understand. We have had a family crisis come up as well. It seems our best made plans don't always work out. Our house has grown by five grandchildren aged 4-12. Being a parent of five in our fifties.....not for sissies!!!!

Didn't anybody tell you that children NEVER behave no matter how old they get!!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

((Smile)) mid July and still working to get ready for the new mystery at the end of August! Hopefully

Sending prayers your way that things settle down and that my prayers give you strength. The wait will be worth it.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Blog Entries
    Almost time!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

Only a day more and we board the train again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast