Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 03-06-2014, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
I tried the staggered piano border but didn't like it...It was just way too busy... After really studying it I went with just a narrow black one...an pleased with it, and am looking forward to what might be the next round..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]465906[/ATTACH]
Just beautiful Jean! I really love it!

Hugs,
Cajun
Old 03-06-2014, 05:24 PM

It looks good with the stars. Just keep the next row quieter - not that there's anything quiet about football fans!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
It looks good with the stars. Just keep the next row quieter - not that there's anything quiet about football fans!
Lol! So true 😃
Old 03-07-2014, 07:57 AM

Hi Jaba, on your center with the friendship stars, does it now measure 44½" ?

Will the next row be the alternating size of 6" finished? If so, I think I'll play with this round to get it to a divisible size for the 6" blocks to come, rather than leave it at the 44½", thanks!
Old 03-07-2014, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Hi Jaba, on your center with the friendship stars, does it now measure 44½" ?

Will the next row be the alternating size of 6" finished? If so, I think I'll play with this round to get it to a divisible size for the 6" blocks to come, rather than leave it at the 44½", thanks!
Yes it does measure 44 1/2". Had to go measure it Depending on what I decide to do for the next round, I'd have to put a filler in each side or on the corners for a 6" border or with just the strips I can cut off an inch all the way around to bring it back to 42 1/2". Or I can go with another 4 1/2" and leave it the way it is. I really have not even thought about the next round yet as to what size would look the best. That is the good thing about those "plain" calming rounds.....you have room to play.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:36 AM

oksewnsew, beautiful!
mom-6, not too busy, IMO. That little blue stripe is great.
Me, still sewing staggered piano keys.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:09 AM

Finished my round for this month...I needed to make it longer, so went with the borders & 9-patches (with the center being the white/pink dot from last round...talk about using scraps & just squeeking by........I had 1/2" to spare!). I think I will finish it with the staggered keys, but longer, so it will take a month to get that done, I'm sure. I wanted it about 50x60 & that should do it. Love doing this. I loved those staggered keys so much that I actually put them on my mysterytrain #6 we just did with paintmejudy. What a versitile border!!! Thanks elisabrat........
Attached Thumbnails medallion-march-round-adapted.jpg   mysterytrain-6-finished-batik-top.jpg  
Old 03-09-2014, 11:36 AM

Wow, Vicki, that is very pretty.

I am finally catching up now. I'm going to call my quilt 'Improv' because I've had to Improvise so much. lol

I have the pinwheels to do and then this month will be done. Whee!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:54 PM

Thanks for the raves on mine..

Very pretty Vicki - I saved a pic of the purple one the other day - for my next project.. The Medallion is really pretty too, but I love pink anyway it's done..lol

J
Old 03-09-2014, 01:17 PM

your doing great guys! love the variety.. see a little break goes a long way and well piano keys staggered who wouldn't love those (not biased at ALL) grin.. I have been a busy beaver working on a doll quilt that was a must get done thing and a round on a round robin that was purple and red and white and well then black and white and omg would things get even busier? maybe! it was everything the center was hoping for and then some and last working on a bumble bee quilt so tomorrow.. there is time to finish up REAL WORK lol like a bit of a start on the next months round a tough one to be sure. But its progress ladies and gentlemen! I have had some surgery and been off kilter for a week or two (or maybe three but not telling). I am BACK in business! yahoo! yippee! no excuses! oh dear!