Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

I have mine all printed in a notebook in plastic sleeves...like I did the FWSQ blocks. Not started yet on the blocks; still cooking in the kitchen (chuckwagaon?) Out of toner for printer; its coming in on Thursday, so will copy the sheets for the templates then and cut out the blocks. I will enjoy seeing everyone's blocks and cheering them on...

Tomorrow evening, Yikes! I have butterflies in my tummy....I'm hoping I get the posts done correctly so that they stand out... I'm almost done with the second block....Oh the anticipation!!!

You know we really don't have to worry about starting on time..getting it all together...somehow or other it will all fall into place. RIGHT?????

Right, Honchey!! Wishing everyone sucess with each block & and tons of fun doing it. Forward, HO!!

Will the pictures be posted on this Thread or elsewhere? I am not in the PC club but I do want to see everyone's blocks.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

**tiptoeing in**
    Tucks Honchey in for a good night's sleep!!
    Whispers to the butterflies, to fly in formation tomorrow!
    **creeping softly back out**
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    **tiptoeing in**
    Tucks Honchey in for a good night's sleep!!
    Whispers to the butterflies, to fly in formation tomorrow!
    **creeping softly back out**
    You are such a character QuiltE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    You are such a character QuiltE!!!

shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
    Let Honchey have a nice sleep-in before her big day!
    Lulllabyyyyyyyyy!

Im so excited!!! even tho I cant start yet, I am looking forward to seeing everyone elses blocks

In was wondering if someone could tell me the yardage and size for the sashing? I believe I have some great fabric for this, but I dont know if its enough, I will go dig it out of storage if its enough.

then I can take pics of my fabric

THANKS Anne for hosting this quilt-along
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

**opens the door a crack**
    Just checking on Sleeping Beauty!!!!!
    **tiptoes back out of thread**

Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel View Post

In was wondering if someone could tell me the yardage and size for the sashing?
    Page 282 has yardage and cutting instructions for sizes queen, king, twin, and lap. I hope your stash has what you need.

Great to see you back with us TDT .... how's the packing going?
    Be sure to check in with us on the two threads for A Beauty and A Dandy ... one for photos, the other thread for discussion!

I have just ordered the book ...

Not that I've finished the Farmer's Wife quilt from the last journey yet, but am at least hopeful that somewhere in the upcoming months I can get started quilting again. I so loved the journey w/the Farmers Wife quilt & I miss having it decorate my designer wall while it was growing. Actually I think I have 6 blocks to go to finish that one, but it is currently hanging in my classroom as I have been teaching a very small HS class to create a sampler quilt (geometry in the planning ya know! . That's as close as I've gotten to quilting in months. My longarm has been unplugged since last August's monsoon power outages, and I have yet to really start w/the real cleaning out process since DH's death last May.

I am doing well, reconnecting w/an HS BF at our 40th reunion in October actually, so life is treating me fairly well all things considered, just busy as any f/t teaching job is. Miss you all & hoping I can at least get better about getting here to watch everyone else's progress. Haven't been here in months either so hoping this new format doesn't throw me off...

Quote Originally Posted by auntjo View Post
    Not that I've finished the Farmer's Wife quilt from the last journey yet, but am at least hopeful that somewhere in the upcoming months I can get started quilting again. I so loved the journey w/the Farmers Wife quilt & I miss having it decorate my designer wall while it was growing. Actually I think I have 6 blocks to go to finish that one, but it is currently hanging in my classroom as I have been teaching a very small HS class to create a sampler quilt (geometry in the planning ya know! . That's as close as I've gotten to quilting in months. My longarm has been unplugged since last August's monsoon power outages, and I have yet to really start w/the real cleaning out process since DH's death last May.

I am doing well, reconnecting w/an HS BF at our 40th reunion in October actually, so life is treating me fairly well all things considered, just busy as any f/t teaching job is. Miss you all & hoping I can at least get better about getting here to watch everyone else's progress. Haven't been here in months either so hoping this new format doesn't throw me off...
    Oh auntjo, so glad you stopped by! It sounds like you are keeping very busy, and that is good! Sorry about your quilting slow down, you know you can "hop on the trail" any time you want. Just start where we are on Pony Club at ANY time! Come by the current week's photos and enjoy the process with us.

Alas, I have not finished my FWQ yet; need to complete all the slashing for the king size of 142 blocks. But I am doing the pony quilt, just completed the first two blocks tonight a week late.

Glad to see you back with us, auntjo, and hope you drop in again. A big {{{{Hug}}} for you with all your problems of last year. May this be a better year for you. QNS
    Last edited by QuiltingNinaSue; 01-08-2012 at 04:03 PM. Reason: misspelling

Hi Auntjo great to hear from you. This is like having a reunion, hope you can join us soon
    Karen

The first block is kicking my rear. I hate y seams. I am taking a deep breath and redoing it....... and redoing it..... and redoing it..... I will overcome...... I will overcome...... hopefully soon!!!!! lol (It's a good thing I wanted to try the first block before starting time. At this rate, I will be left far behind)

Blessings!
    Carole
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

Take a deep breath Carsey, and remember not all 90 blocks have a Y seam in them! It reminded me of a 45 degree turn on bindings of quilts. Mine is not perfect, but our three year old grandson will not notice how perfect it is, just the overall effect of the blocks. Enjoy the ride and smile; this too shall pass. Do not slip up on the pony patties on the trail...lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Carsey View Post
    The first block is kicking my rear. I hate y seams. I am taking a deep breath and redoing it....... and redoing it..... and redoing it..... I will overcome...... I will overcome...... hopefully soon!!!!! lol (It's a good thing I wanted to try the first block before starting time. At this rate, I will be left far behind)

Blessings!
    Carole
    Carsey ... patience and you will succeed. Come on over to the threads for each week. The ladies have been sharing lots of good tips as to how they are doing the blocks. There just might be something there that will help you.

Here's a link to the Archives to help you find those threads. The week one links are items #5 and 6 on the list. Week two are #1 and 2. If someone starts a new BOW/BOM thread, then they will move down the list.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/sitemap/f-9.html

[QUOTE=Carsey;4863853]The first block is kicking my rear. I hate y seams. I am taking a deep breath and redoing it....... and redoing it..... and redoing it..... I will overcome...... I will overcome...... hopefully soon!!!!! lol (It's a good thing I wanted to try the first block before starting time. At this rate, I will be left far behind)

Blessings!

Carsey, how are you piecing the block?? I english pp'ed min and will not do that again. I think the best way would be to use freezer paper for the templates...trim away the seam allowance. press the tempplates to the fabric and add your seam allowance a little bigger than the 1/4" allowance then cut out your templates...pin the points and then sew to that point..backstitch..put needledown into the seam..pivot the fabric.. lifting the top piece and match the points on the next intersection and then sew to that next point. The top piece should be laying flat with the previous section sewn folded but not creased. using the backstitch (just one stitch) anchors the point so that when you open and press that area the point will not be puckered or rounded.

!!!YAY!!! I received my book!

boy... the info on the disc sure is confusing the way the templates are labeled its hard to figure out which are for which method, am I missing a simple way to tell them apart???

I know Im always trying to be difficult here... I would like to do a different size than 8", but Im having a difficult time trying to figure out how to do that with the PDF files. does anyone have ideas?
    Candace is Deranged

Pull the folder off on your desktop; ask for one of the files in each section at a time. Click on pages on left hand side to see the pages as you go down the pages. At the top of each page, it says "template" or foundation piecing.

The book also says under each block, the CD has rotary guide, template or foundation instructions.

OOOooooooooohhh!!!! THANK YOU!
    Candace is Deranged

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Honchey;4867202]
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsey View Post

Blessings!

Carsey, how are you piecing the block?? I english pp'ed min and will not do that again. I think the best way would be to use freezer paper for the templates...trim away the seam allowance. press the tempplates to the fabric and add your seam allowance a little bigger than the 1/4" allowance then cut out your templates...pin the points and then sew to that point..backstitch..put needledown into the seam..pivot the fabric.. lifting the top piece and match the points on the next intersection and then sew to that next point. The top piece should be laying flat with the previous section sewn folded but not creased. using the backstitch (just one stitch) anchors the point so that when you open and press that area the point will not be puckered or rounded.
    I also have been having trouble with the first block. I have made it 2 times & still is too small. I'm going to try to do it with the freezer paper. Thank's Anne for mentioning cutting the seam allowance a little bigger. I'm going to try this.
    GrannyQ

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Pull the folder off on your desktop; ask for one of the files in each section at a time. Click on pages on left hand side to see the pages as you go down the pages. At the top of each page, it says "template" or foundation piecing.

The book also says under each block, the CD has rotary guide, template or foundation instructions.
    DDamsel ... ditto to what QNSue has said.
    Also, each of the pages has it at the top as to what block it is ... A Beauty etc. If there are multiple pages, as is the case often with the PP patterns, then it says Pg 1 of 3 etc. It's actually well detailed.

About size ... not sure what size you want? Perhaps enlarge/shrink on a photocopier?

My news today ... I took the idea that others shared and went to FedEx-Kinkos and had them slice the spine off, and put a coil on it.! $5.64 and I've got this nice open flat book ... or even turn it all around to the back! Will make for some easy handling of the book as I work with it.
    Yippppeeeee!!!

It was so funny ... when he brought it to me, he "insisted" on giving me a demonstration of these Frixion pens for when I want to erase ink in a document. I patiently allowed him ... and when he then said, would you like some today? I smiled and said, oh I have a full set for quilting! And then he went into further demonstration and explanation. I said again ....!!! He just didn't get it, that someone would have these things. And I don't think he had a clue what I meant by quilting ... or what the book was about!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post

My news today ... I took the idea that others shared and went to FedEx-Kinkos and had them slice the spine off, and put a coil on it.! $5.64 and I've got this nice open flat book ... or even turn it all around to the back! Will make for some easy handling of the book as I work with it.
    Yippppeeeee!!!

It was so funny ... when he brought it to me, he "insisted" on giving me a demonstration of these Frixion pens for when I want to erase ink in a document. I patiently allowed him ... and when he then said, would you like some today? I smiled and said, oh I have a full set for quilting! And then he went into further demonstration and explanation. I said again ....!!! He just didn't get it, that someone would have these things. And I don't think he had a clue what I meant by quilting ... or what the book was about!!
    Yep my hubby took mine to Staples and had it cut and bound for me too! Way easier to use the book this way! I use the FriXion pens too..love them!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast