Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 436

Thread: The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

  1. #301
    Super Member Carsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,313
    [QUOTE=Honchey;4867202]
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsey View Post
    The first block is kicking my rear. I hate y seams. I am taking a deep breath and redoing it....... and redoing it..... and redoing it..... I will overcome...... I will overcome...... hopefully soon!!!!! lol (It's a good thing I wanted to try the first block before starting time. At this rate, I will be left far behind)

    Blessings!

    Carsey, how are you piecing the block?? I english pp'ed min and will not do that again. I think the best way would be to use freezer paper for the templates...trim away the seam allowance. press the tempplates to the fabric and add your seam allowance a little bigger than the 1/4" allowance then cut out your templates...pin the points and then sew to that point..backstitch..put needledown into the seam..pivot the fabric.. lifting the top piece and match the points on the next intersection and then sew to that next point. The top piece should be laying flat with the previous section sewn folded but not creased. using the backstitch (just one stitch) anchors the point so that when you open and press that area the point will not be puckered or rounded.
    Honchey: Thank you so much!! I will try it!!

    Blessings!
    Carole
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

  2. #302
    Senior Member Termi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    410

    TFWPC QUILT/ BLOCK 1, A beauty/HELP!

    OK, here goes, I'm posting a picture of the first block in all it's wonkyness. It's my 4th try and by far the best one. I've found it really helps when you kind of know what you're doing. It's not perfect but I can live with it for now. Thanks to all of you for your help!!!



    Sorry, I don't see the icon to post a picture.
    Last edited by Termi; 01-19-2012 at 07:51 AM.

  3. #303
    Senior Member Termi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    410

    TFWPC QUILT/ BLOCK 1, A beauty/HELP!

    Can anyone tell me how to post a picture? I've done it once before. According to the "help" page there's supposed to be an icon of a tree? above the message block. I don't see one. Thanks so much!

  4. #304
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Termi View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to post a picture? I've done it once before. According to the "help" page there's supposed to be an icon of a tree? above the message block. I don't see one. Thanks so much!
    I'm no computer geek ... others may have better explanations for you.
    ............ the icon you are looking for is in the row of icons above the box you type in when sending a message (where I am typing now). If you slide your mouse across the icons, it will show in words, what each icon is about. On my screen the icon you want is a box, 4th icon from the right side. It's box like with a teeny-tiny tree (you really can't see that's what it is!) and the text dsplay shows as "Insert Image". It's positionioned to the right of what kind of looks like a ladder with blue in the middle and to the right of a globe with a red X.

    Hope this helps!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  5. #305
    Super Member Carsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,313
    OK... I don't see what you are talking about. I don't see any icons. I am writing in the Quick Reply. No Icons here. I usually have to go into the Go Advanced..... hmmmmmm..... it just brought me to the advanced screen with my message in the box.... under here are the Post Icons.... down further.... Additional Options.... and Manage Attachments. I click on that... it brings up another window where I can upload files from my computer. Browse, click on a photo, upload and close. The photo info will be under the manage attachments block. Submit Reply and waalaa there it is.

    Your way sure sounds easier!!!!!! What am I doing wrong.

    Blessings!
    Carole
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

  6. #306
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Eastern Ohio
    Posts
    111
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Termi View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to post a picture? I've done it once before. According to the "help" page there's supposed to be an icon of a tree? above the message block. I don't see one. Thanks so much!
    I go to the go advanced reply tab next to the post quick reply. on that new page there is a place to write your message and scroll down page and there is a tab for attachments click on that and then go to your picture page make sure to size the picture down to fit in the reply hope this helps a little

  7. #307
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsey View Post
    OK... I don't see what you are talking about. I don't see any icons. I am writing in the Quick Reply. No Icons here. I usually have to go into the Go Advanced..... hmmmmmm..... it just brought me to the advanced screen with my message in the box.... under here are the Post Icons.... down further.... Additional Options.... and Manage Attachments. I click on that... it brings up another window where I can upload files from my computer. Browse, click on a photo, upload and close. The photo info will be under the manage attachments block. Submit Reply and waalaa there it is.

    Your way sure sounds easier!!!!!! What am I doing wrong.

    Blessings!
    Carole

    Carsey
    ... the icons I mentioned above, were in the Quick Reply box (on my screen). Maybe something different about your settings? or system? And yes, the other way via Go Advanced worked too!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  8. #308
    Senior Member Termi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    I'm no computer geek ... others may have better explanations for you.
    ............ the icon you are looking for is in the row of icons above the box you type in when sending a message (where I am typing now). If you slide your mouse across the icons, it will show in words, what each icon is about. On my screen the icon you want is a box, 4th icon from the right side. It's box like with a teeny-tiny tree (you really can't see that's what it is!) and the text dsplay shows as "Insert Image". It's positionioned to the right of what kind of looks like a ladder with blue in the middle and to the right of a globe with a red X.

    Hope this helps!
    Thanks QuiltE but I don't have any icons above this box that I'm typing in.Ugh!

  9. #309
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Termi View Post
    Thanks QuiltE but I don't have any icons above this box that I'm typing in.Ugh!

    Then use the Go Advanced method that Carsey explained.

    Another place for help, would be the
    QB Help Center
    There's been several threads with people having problems posting pics. You'll find some How To's and some troubleshooting tips.
    Last edited by QuiltE; 01-19-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  10. #310
    Senior Member Termi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    410

    TFWPC QUILT/ BLOCK 1, A beauty/HELP!

    Quote Originally Posted by Termi View Post
    Thanks QuiltE but I don't have any icons above this box that I'm typing in.Ugh!


    OK, I'm trying again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #311
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,124
    You did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hip Hip Hooray!!!

    And the wait was well worth it!! ... Now gallop on over to the Week One thread and add your blocks to the show.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  12. #312
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    4,054
    Great job Termi! Nothing wrong with that block!

  13. #313
    Super Member dublb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brady TX
    Posts
    5,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Termi View Post
    OK, I'm trying again.
    Darling! Not 'wonky' at all.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

  14. #314
    Super Member PokerDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,013
    Without having to read all 32 pages here, can someone tell me the difference between the original Farmer' Wife and the Pony Club?

  15. #315
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    Yay Termi!!! You did it and it's gorgeous. Great job. We told you that you'd learn a lot doing this project. Aren't you feeling good?? Yay!!!!

    Pokerdiva: 2 different books by the same author, Laurie Hird. The Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt that we did last year and The Farmers Wife Pony Club Quilt which is what we're doing now. Wanna join us?
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

  16. #316
    Junior Member ArteEmCasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    136
    Congrats Termi, very well done and great fabrics.

  17. #317
    Super Member Blue Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    4,046
    termi,
    Your block is wonderful!
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

  18. #318
    Super Member PokerDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,013
    Thank you. I am assuming then that the blocks are different in each book. I just got the first one so I guess I had better do than one first.


    Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    Yay Termi!!! You did it and it's gorgeous. Great job. We told you that you'd learn a lot doing this project. Aren't you feeling good?? Yay!!!!

    Pokerdiva: 2 different books by the same author, Laurie Hird. The Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt that we did last year and The Farmers Wife Pony Club Quilt which is what we're doing now. Wanna join us?

  19. #319
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    4,054

    Where are you???

    Around fifteen (15) different people have posted photos during the first three weeks of the Pony Club Quilt. And some awesome photos they are! We had originally 35 people who said they were interested in joining us and we sure would like to see what you have come up with for these blocks. The fabrics are so different in all the postings. If you have not stopped by to see them, please do so! It is not too late to join us! Just start with whatever week we are at, then you can go back and do the 1st through 3rd week later.

  20. #320
    Super Member oksewglad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Between the dashes of a tombstone
    Posts
    9,703
    Blog Entries
    1
    Okay folks I have to fess up! Some of you know I have spent parts of the last 10 days getting ready for my income tax appointment for our farm business. After coming out the door of the acct's office I sashayed down the street and waltzed right into the cute little LQS that's a favorite of mine. Shop owner's a dear, has a great collection of farm related fabrics. Yes some ponies in amongst them. We were chatting and I asked if she was familiar with the FWPC and FWS. She said yes, in fact had the FWPC book there. Was this a sign, I asked myself as she scurried off to retrieve the book? I took the plunge and I will be joining you soon! I can see Jeanie doing a happy little dosedo back there in CA! And QE is coiling the rope in a nice tight circle muttering, "What a hard headed old mare that was to bring in? But I nabbed her quick!"

    Now my dilemma--Fabric choices. The first pic is my Kansas Troubles collection-large pieces and then small pieces. I had to get a couple more fabrics today if I'm going to use these. Not enough there (sic) Acutally am short of greens and browns so picked up a couple to complement my collection.Name:  003.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  83.0 KBName:  006.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  840.5 KB Now which should I use?Name:  009.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  56.9 KBName:  011.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  60.8 KBNext set is the Aviary line from Moda that I've had for quite a while (this is what I said I would use if I were to do it QE) . The second shows some fabrics from my stash that will go with these soft blues.
    Last edited by oksewglad; 01-19-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

  21. #321
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,124
    *beaming with pride*
    Yessssssssssss!!!! we nabbed her alright!

    OKSGlad .... Your LQS having the PC book, certainly was a sign and I'd sure as heck hope that you purchased the book! Oh I just knew you'd eventually give in!! So, did you buy any of the pony/farm fabrics today? Good way to celebrate having your y/e put together for the accountant! Think of it this way ... you can start late with me!

    Beautiful fabrics there ... I'm not normally a light fabric one, but I really do like that lighter set ..... I think I'm taking note, as remember, I'm supposed to be doing something more subdued and softer this year. Could I just steal that stash and use them?

    PokerDiva ... there's still people doing the FWS, so you won't be alone. I'm coming to the end of my blocks, and then the sashing, etc. The ladies have been really good with support, coaching and the all important ooohs and aaahhhs which have helped me keep at it. Whichever you choose to do ... you'll enjoy the experience! Be prepared to learn lots along the trails!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 01-19-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  22. #322
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    4,054
    Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Okay folks I have to fess up! Some of you know I have spent parts of the last 10 days getting ready for my income tax appointment for our farm business. After coming out the door of the acct's office I sashayed down the street and waltzed right into the cute little LQS that's a favorite of mine. Shop owner's a dear, has a great collection of farm related fabrics. Yes some ponies in amongst them. We were chatting and I asked if she was familiar with the FWPC and FWS. She said yes, in fact had the FWPC book there. Was this a sign, I asked myself as she scurried off to retrieve the book? I took the plunge and I will be joining you soon! I can see Jeanie doing a happy little dosedo back there in CA! And QE is coiling the rope in a nice tight circle muttering, "What a hard headed old mare that was to bring in? But I nabbed her quick!"

    Now my dilemma--Fabric choices. The first pic is my Kansas Troubles collection-large pieces and then small pieces. I had to get a couple more fabrics today if I'm going to use these. Not enough there (sic) Acutally am short of greens and browns so picked up a couple to complement my collection.Name:  003.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  83.0 KBName:  006.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  840.5 KB Now which should I use?Name:  009.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  56.9 KBName:  011.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  60.8 KBNext set is the Aviary line from Moda that I've had for quite a while (this is what I said I would use if I were to do it QE) . The second shows some fabrics from my stash that will go with these soft blues.
    Oh Yeah, so glad you are joining us oksewglad! All that fabric is fabulous! Use what will make you happy to see in a quilt!

  23. #323
    Super Member oksewglad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Between the dashes of a tombstone
    Posts
    9,703
    Blog Entries
    1
    "Oh was I supposed to buy the book?," she asks innocently. Of course I did!
    No didn't buy any pony/horse fabric, but found a great farm scene that has some work horses in it. Oh and a couple Diane Phalen pieces that are just so lovely.
    Thanks Jeanie--once I make a decision on fabric I will try to get started!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

  24. #324
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,124
    Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    "Oh was I supposed to buy the book?," she asks innocently. Of course I did!
    No didn't buy any pony/horse fabric, but found a great farm scene that has some work horses in it. Oh and a couple Diane Phalen pieces that are just so lovely.
    Whew! thank goodness you had the sense to purchase that book!!
    But really now ... no fabric? *gasp*

    Now the real question is ... were there any Jerseys stabled at the LQS?

    And Ladies and Gent .... Good Night .... time to hit the hay!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  25. #325
    Super Member dublb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brady TX
    Posts
    5,958
    Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Okay folks I have to fess up! Some of you know I have spent parts of the last 10 days getting ready for my income tax appointment for our farm business. After coming out the door of the acct's office I sashayed down the street and waltzed right into the cute little LQS that's a favorite of mine. Shop owner's a dear, has a great collection of farm related fabrics. Yes some ponies in amongst them. We were chatting and I asked if she was familiar with the FWPC and FWS. She said yes, in fact had the FWPC book there. Was this a sign, I asked myself as she scurried off to retrieve the book? I took the plunge and I will be joining you soon! I can see Jeanie doing a happy little dosedo back there in CA! And QE is coiling the rope in a nice tight circle muttering, "What a hard headed old mare that was to bring in? But I nabbed her quick!"

    Now my dilemma--Fabric choices. The first pic is my Kansas Troubles collection-large pieces and then small pieces. I had to get a couple more fabrics today if I'm going to use these. Not enough there (sic) Acutally am short of greens and browns so picked up a couple to complement my collection.Name:  003.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  83.0 KBName:  006.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  840.5 KB Now which should I use?Name:  009.JPG
Views: 178
Size:  56.9 KBName:  011.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  60.8 KBNext set is the Aviary line from Moda that I've had for quite a while (this is what I said I would use if I were to do it QE) . The second shows some fabrics from my stash that will go with these soft blues.
    Yeah! I'm so glad that you joined us! Lovely fabrics, I think they will make a beautiful quilt!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.