Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt >

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

Old 12-22-2011, 10:49 AM

Oksewglad, mmm...about four county seats then if you are four hours away. I am 21 miles South of Centerville... then to Albia or Chariton, Osceloa, Creston...all twenty five minutes more or less apart...friend lives near Charition, at Derby who occasionally drives me into Des Monies or Osceloa or Creston. Taught four years at Farmington back in the 70s, so know of that area. Love the Amana Colonys, and Hertiage Design Quilt Shoppe.

One day at time here, too. Company that was coming backed out due to a change of plans in their family. How I miss famly & friends coming in for the holidays. Everyone, enjoy the holidays with your families... Happy Christ-mas day or however way you celebrate with friends and families.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:55 AM

QuiltE,

Is there a prize for Most Botched Formatting? LOL
Old 12-22-2011, 11:01 AM

QuiltingNinaSue,

I'm so sorry to hear that. I celebrating with 2 friends, Shijo and Squirt. When they get into my packing boxes, I threaten to decorate them with little Christmas wreath collars.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Oksewglad, mmm...about four county seats then if you are four hours away. I am 21 miles South of Centerville... then to Albia or Chariton, Osceloa, Creston...all twenty five minutes more or less apart...friend lives near Charition, at Derby who occasionally drives me into Des Monies or Osceloa or Creston. Taught four years at Farmington back in the 70s, so know of that area. Love the Amana Colonys, and Hertiage Design Quilt Shoppe.

One day at time here, too. Company that was coming backed out due to a change of plans in their family. How I miss famly & friends coming in for the holidays. Everyone, enjoy the holidays with your families... Happy Christ-mas day or however way you celebrate with friends and families.
I'm still over 2 1/2 hours north of Amana. This is the first year I have had some of my family for Christmas (they've come and gone.) in quite a while, so miss that too. DH's family and our kids come to the rescue. Have a Merry Christmas in MO.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:16 PM

OK here I go. First my fabric isn't in but I've already planned how I want to make these. I saw this link several months ago & I think that this will be the best method for me to make these blocks.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/links-r...al-t42384.html
I think that for the first 15 blocks I'll make a practice block for my cousins quilt. It will be 30 blocks with 1/2 of 'em being postage stamps & 1/2 sampler blocks. I printed up & cut out the templates for 'A Beauty" on to freezer paper tonight. I hope I can use 'em twice so that I don't have to do this twice for every block.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:48 PM

www.Mathasquiltingcorner.com has a lovely selection of western printed fabric if anyone is looking for it. On sale from Dec.26-30 or more days. Recieved notice from FabHopShop that a number of quilt shops are holding sales, so if you get cash for a gift this season, you might want to take a look. The horseshoes print is so tempting to order...

Practice makes perfect, dublb, so have fun.

Now to get my sewing room straightened up a bit to start the PC...its rather hopeless at the moment. It requires some TLC & elbow action; maybe tomorrow or Sunday, or Monday or... to be continued at a later date.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:00 PM

Default FWS Pony Club Quilt disk help

Help! Does anyone have a Mac computer? I put the pattern disk in and dragged it to my documents folder. I then ejected the disk. But when I try to open it I get a message saying that the volume for the disk cannot be detected so I need to connect to my servers volume but don't know how or why. Does the disk have to stay in the computer to be used? Thanks so much!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:34 PM

Don't know if it will help, but I had to click on the folder I removed to my desktop (PC) and it ask what I wanted to open it with; I used internet explorer. Forgotten how it is with Apple; daughter says they are better than ever. Someone will have the right answer.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:31 PM

I asked Santa to give me the book and I hope he does not disappoint me.
But I know I will not receive it on time to begin the journey with you
If this is not an impediment, I am considering to participate
Another thing is that I will use fabrics I have in stach
As you said there will be no quilt police here, I am very tempted...
I'm going to inform youif all goes well.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:38 PM

Welcome Arte! You can join our group at any time. We will probably be doing 2 blocks a week. There will be two new threads each week. One to discuss that weeks blocks and one to show the photos of the completed blocks. Just start with whatever blocks we are doing that week, you can always go back and do the ones we have already done later to catch up.