Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt >

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

Old 12-26-2011, 08:27 AM

Default Farmer's Wife Pony Club quilt

Originally Posted by tdtdesign View Post
It's one of those little progress bars that pop up on your screen to show you what percentage of the CD has been copied. I made a screen capture of it, but I can't figure out how to add an attachment. When you first drag the pattern folder from the CD to your Documents folder, the name of the patterns folder and the folder icon will be grayed out until the download is finished. If you don't know whether you're on a server, it means you're not. :-)

One more thing, in case you're not, you should be in the habit shutting down your computer every night. Your Mac's little digital brain does some important work when the computer is turned off. Be sure to turn off the computer completely and then restart it before you try the CD again.

Don't run the files directly off the CD. They won't work properly.

Merry Christmas.

Toni
Hi Toni, ok I did everything you said, shut down the computer for the night, waited a few minutes for the CD to load and I'm still having the same problem. I get a message saying the volume is not connected to a server and I should insert the CD. Here's what I do. I have my desktop screen up. I put in the CD. In about 30 seconds the CD icon appears on my desktop. I assume that means it's loaded? I know what a status bar is but one never appeared. Anyway I wait another couple minutes then drag the icon to my documents folder. I then eject the CD. Then I wait another couple minutes and I double click on the icon. The message about the volume then appears. Is it possible that some settings for safari are not right? Thanks, Termi
Old 12-27-2011, 01:24 PM

Default Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

Hi Toni, I still cannot access the CD info. without having the CD in the computer. I spoke to Apple today and he said he couldn't help me because it has to do with how the CD was designed and only the person who developed the CD could help. Please let me know if you have any other solutions. Thanks, Termi
Old 12-28-2011, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Termi View Post
Hi Toni, I still cannot access the CD info. without having the CD in the computer. I spoke to Apple today and he said he couldn't help me because it has to do with how the CD was designed and only the person who developed the CD could help. Please let me know if you have any other solutions. Thanks, Termi
I have a Mac Mini & I can tell you how my CD works on my Computer. After I loaded it in the CD slot an icon came up on the right hand side of my monitor. I right clicked on it & then clicked on 'open' (not 'open with' or any thing else just 'open'.) I then looked around while I was there. After I closed it I right clicked on it again & then clicked on 'eject CD'. Next on my key board I hit the eject button in the upper right hand corner. The icon is still on my monitor, & any time I want to open it I right click on it again. I hope this helps.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:45 AM

Default Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
I have a Mac Mini & I can tell you how my CD works on my Computer. After I loaded it in the CD slot an icon came up on the right hand side of my monitor. I right clicked on it & then clicked on 'open' (not 'open with' or any thing else just 'open'.) I then looked around while I was there. After I closed it I right clicked on it again & then clicked on 'eject CD'. Next on my key board I hit the eject button in the upper right hand corner. The icon is still on my monitor, & any time I want to open it I right click on it again. I hope this helps.

Hi dublb, I tried it and it didn't work. It was a good idea though, thanks so much!
Old 12-28-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Termi View Post
Hi dublb, I tried it and it didn't work. It was a good idea though, thanks so much!
Oh, man I'm so sorry!
Old 12-28-2011, 01:28 PM

I'm so excited! My fabric came in! I plan on supplementing it with stuff from my stash & picking up others that match from time to time. The stripe that is under the rest will the binding. Can ya'll give me some idea how much fabric I will need?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]298432[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pc-fabric.jpg  
Old 12-28-2011, 02:20 PM

I'm so excited! My fabric came in! I plan on supplementing it with stuff from my stash & picking up others that match from time to time. The stripe that is under the rest will the binding. Can ya'll give me some idea how much fabric I will need?
I LOVE your fabrics!!!!

Blessings!
Carole
Old 12-28-2011, 03:42 PM

Oh I love the red/white & blue patriotic fabric! Your quilt is going to be fantastic!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:21 PM

Thanks! I pinked the edges & put it into the washer. I can't wait to get started. Next week? Right? I really do have to wait... I really do have to wait... I really do have to wait... But, I don't want to wait! I guess I'll wait 'cause I've got to do other stuff. This is a good exercise in not dropping what I'm doing to start something else. Ya'll are good for me.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:03 PM

Wish I could join your journey but I am still wanting to start my Farmer's Wife Sampler. I am looking forward to seeing the blocks every week.