Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2 >
  • The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2

• The Farmer's Wife Quilt Along Photo Page for Blocks 1 & 2

Old 09-25-2011, 04:03 AM

Honchey it is a great feeling when they come out the right size and you have nothing to trim off. Bad part is I havn't PP in awhile and I did the block in reverse! I forgot to flip my PP template so my block came out reversed! Still looks good I was gonna redo not sure now! LOL Well onto two more blocks today!
    Old 09-25-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
    Honchey it is a great feeling when they come out the right size and you have nothing to trim off. Bad part is I havn't PP in awhile and I did the block in reverse! I forgot to flip my PP template so my block came out reversed! Still looks good I was gonna redo not sure now! LOL Well onto two more blocks today!
    If you look thru the photo pages you'll see many of my blocks the same way...reversed!. It's been awhile (weeks) since I printed any foundation papers and I know that there's a way to reverse them before printing them out. it's done on the printer..options maybe?? your block turned out great...no one will know it's in reverse. Anne
    Old 09-25-2011, 07:20 AM

I have to give you a great big TY Honchey for all the rotary cutting instruction, WOW! Some of the blocks I am going to rotary cut, some will be PP, I'm not crazy about working with all those little templates, seems your always cutting! TY again for all your hard work! One reason I am loving this quitl is its a great way to use up your stash which mine needs major thinning out! Off to sew! Have a great day!

Originally Posted by Honchey
    If you look thru the photo pages you'll see many of my blocks the same way...reversed!. It's been awhile (weeks) since I printed any foundation papers and I know that there's a way to reverse them before printing them out. it's done on the printer..options maybe?? your block turned out great...no one will know it's in reverse. Anne
    Old 09-25-2011, 10:21 AM

Well just had to get that first block done! Decided to do mine in black/white/red/gray/silver & fabs with those variations. I did PP method. Block looked great while stitching up everything went smoothly! Then we measured her to square her up, perfect 6 1/2" UF block. Woohoo, oh my my what did I do, ROFL, can you tell its been awhile since I PP'd? Can you see it? ROFL Should have had a cup of Coffee, I do my best in the am! LOL Back to the drawing board! ROFL
    Wow! your backs look better then my fronts! Lol...shame on me!
    Old 09-30-2011, 04:38 AM

Morningcoffeegal, I hope to be joining you very soon, posting my blocks too. Anyone else what to join us? Your doing a great job!
    Old 10-23-2011, 09:06 AM
    Power Poster

Alas! This Johnny-Come Lately is posting some blocks for your viewing. I started in May (or was it June) and did a few. Then life happened. Now, I hope to follow along a little more regularly with some results!!

So here are my first two blocks ..... am posting more in the next few minutes, so look for 5+6, 13+14, 71+72, 81+82, 83+84. I have a few more done, but will wait to post when I have the pair made.

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-275829.jpe  
    Old 10-23-2011, 09:18 AM

Oh QuiltE!!!!! I love your blocks.. Jewel toned Blue is one of my favorite colors!
    Old 10-23-2011, 09:38 AM
    Power Poster

Thanks, Honchey ... I bought scads of that fabric back when I did my Sampler when I started back sewing a few years ago. It certainly isn't the sampler that this one is ..... all HUGE blocks and pieces are 12"!! :). I still have some of it left .... and can see that blues may work their way more into this quilt, as you'll see in the other blocks!
    Old 10-23-2011, 11:37 AM

QuiltE. I love your fabrics! The color combination is fantastic. I'm already thinking that after PC I'll have to do another sampler quilt with that color scheme. Your blocks are beautiful.
    Old 10-23-2011, 01:05 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
    QuiltE. I love your fabrics! The color combination is fantastic. I'm already thinking that after PC I'll have to do another sampler quilt with that color scheme. Your blocks are beautiful.
    Mine is going to be a scrappy .... the colours won't be consistent as you'll see if you take a look at my other blocks I posted. Although I can see the blue might become more predominant. Still early enough, so who knows what will happen? :)