Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 125

Thread: The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along Photo Page for Blocks 19 & 20

  1. #26
    sslama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thousand Palms, California
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by violetsfarm
    Ssalma - Great color choices. Keep up the good work.
    Thank you;)

  2. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Central TX
    Posts
    421
    Your blocks are all so pretty. Love all the different color combinations.

  3. #28
    Super Member Evie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,765
    Blog Entries
    17
    Wow, everyone's blocks are so great. Love the different looks that occur from the fabric choices. This is so much fun!

    Block 19 -- Checkerboard
    Name:  Attachment-104259.jpe
Views: 61
Size:  133.4 KB

    Block 20 -- Churn Dash
    Name:  Attachment-104260.jpe
Views: 68
Size:  144.3 KB

  4. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    618
    Love your blocks. The change from entry to entry just by changing the fabric choices is amazing. Can't wait to some of your quilts finished. They will be so lovely.

  5. #30
    Pati- in Phx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Phoenix,
    Posts
    137
    Everyone's blocks are looking great. I need to get caught up sometime soon. And get pic taken to post.

    Pati, in Phx

  6. #31
    pookie ookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Trifid Nebula
    Posts
    1,305
    19's an oopsy block but I'm keeping it. Strange to make a color mistake while paper piecing. My auto pilot must be some kind of top secret ninja assassin. Off to make ornaments... Don't tell the auto pilot where I've gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  7. #32
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    3,893
    Quote Originally Posted by pookie ookie
    19's an oopsy block but I'm keeping it. Strange to make a color mistake while paper piecing. My auto pilot must be some kind of top secret ninja assassin. Off to make ornaments... Don't tell the auto pilot where I've gone.
    Pookie, I think #19 is adorable !!!

  8. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    380
    All the blocks are wonderful. I got a little behind in by blockage but will catch up probably after Christmas. Keep the pictures comming they will keep me and my short attention span going. Right now I am working on things for two Auctions and a Booth at Christian City Children's Home. Plus doll cloths for some Children at a local battered Womens Shelter.

  9. #34
    pookie ookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Trifid Nebula
    Posts
    1,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Honchey

    Pookie, I think #19 is adorable !!!
    Thanks! I decided I really like the mistake when viewed en pointe. So, it's a keeper.

    I'm glad I added Connecting Threads' Antoinette to my 30's mix. It's the background fabric.

  10. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Forest Falls, CA, USA
    Posts
    156
    I agree - these were easy to make.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  11. #36
    Super Member gcathie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Ohio
    Posts
    3,270
    blocks 19 and 20
    Attached Images Attached Images


  12. #37
    Super Member JAGSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    1,220
    Everybodies blocks look Super!!

  13. #38
    sslama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thousand Palms, California
    Posts
    79
    Love your choice of colors;). Great job!

  14. #39
    Super Member sew cornie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,872
    I'm finally caught up after being several weeks behind. Here are my 19 &20. I simplified my Checkerboard by using only 3 fabrics and it's turned out to be my favorite block of all that I've made so far. I love it. I'm very pleased with my Churn Dash too. These two were fun to make and a nice change after some of the more challenging blocks.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  15. #40
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    4,014
    Quote Originally Posted by sew cornie
    I'm finally caught up after being several weeks behind. Here are my 19 &20. I simplified my Checkerboard by using only 3 fabrics and it's turned out to be my favorite block of all that I've made so far. I love it. I'm very pleased with my Churn Dash too. These two were fun to make and a nice change after some of the more challenging blocks.
    Oh I love these!

  16. #41
    Super Member sew cornie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG
    Quote Originally Posted by sew cornie
    I'm finally caught up after being several weeks behind. Here are my 19 &20. I simplified my Checkerboard by using only 3 fabrics and it's turned out to be my favorite block of all that I've made so far. I love it. I'm very pleased with my Churn Dash too. These two were fun to make and a nice change after some of the more challenging blocks.
    Oh I love these!
    Thanks!

    :-D :-D

  17. #42
    sslama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thousand Palms, California
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by sew cornie
    I'm finally caught up after being several weeks behind. Here are my 19 &20. I simplified my Checkerboard by using only 3 fabrics and it's turned out to be my favorite block of all that I've made so far. I love it. I'm very pleased with my Churn Dash too. These two were fun to make and a nice change after some of the more challenging blocks.
    Those blocks are beautiful. Great job!

  18. #43
    Dobbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    33
    How Awesome! I just joined a couple weeks ago and also just found the Farmers' Wife Book! so great to see your work!! Thank all of you!!

  19. #44
    sslama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Thousand Palms, California
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobbie
    How Awesome! I just joined a couple weeks ago and also just found the Farmers' Wife Book! so great to see your work!! Thank all of you!!
    Welcome! Glad you found us. ;)

  20. #45
    Dobbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    33
    I have to work to catch up with you all but what fun!!!! I had started the Dear Baby Jane a couple years ago but got too far behind .... I will take my Qitamins!!!

  21. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Forest Falls, CA, USA
    Posts
    156
    I love your use of stripes, sew cornie! I always steer away from them, afraid that any crookedness might show.

  22. #47
    Super Member sew cornie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyndi H
    I love your use of stripes, sew cornie! I always steer away from them, afraid that any crookedness might show.

    I've always shied away from them too, but am actually enjoying the extra challenge they're posing . . . weird, huh? Admittedly, I am using them in the easier blocks. Thanks for the compliments!

  23. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Forest Falls, CA, USA
    Posts
    156
    I just pulled out 2 FQs of stripes - and am challenging myself to use them on some FW blocks!

  24. #49
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,680
    Blog Entries
    4
    Great blocks ladies!!

  25. #50
    Super Member Nanjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,136
    Blog Entries
    4
    I've got 8 more of my blocks made.
    Attached Images Attached Images


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.