Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along Week 7 Photo Page for  Blocks 13 & 14 >

The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along Week 7 Photo Page for Blocks 13 & 14

The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along Week 7 Photo Page for Blocks 13 & 14

Old 11-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Power Poster

Ladies ... I'm concluding that the new system did not roll over our previous "watch" flags to ensure we get all subsequent posts. If there is, would someone please let me know how?

I don't want to miss anyone's FWS posts!!!

And ditto to OK ... as always some beauties to view!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Ladies ... I'm concluding that the new system did not roll over our previous "watch" flags to ensure we get all subsequent posts. If there is, would someone please let me know how?

I don't want to miss anyone's FWS posts!!!

And ditto to OK ... as always some beauties to view!
QuiltE, after checking all the FWS threads, I had to "subscribe" to at least half of them because, as you noted, it seemed the new system did not convert all of my "watched" topics. But, then, I wasn't getting email notification for some of them on the old Board. So far I seem to be getting notification on each of my subscribed threads. Yay!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Evie View Post
QuiltE, after checking all the FWS threads, I had to "subscribe" to at least half of them because, as you noted, it seemed the new system did not convert all of my "watched" topics. But, then, I wasn't getting email notification for some of them on the old Board. So far I seem to be getting notification on each of my subscribed threads. Yay!

Thanks Evie ... Right on ... we have to resubscribe! blah!! I'll be posting my next bunch of blocks sometime this weekend. I'll leave a note as to which ones I'm posting on the general FWS thread that was started after #111. Hopefully most are re-subscribed to that one, and can find the specific block # threads. Sound like a plan?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

That sounds like a good plan for all of us latecomers to post here as to what blocks we have just posted.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

Another two done. I keep seeing tulips in the Bfly block. Anyone else?
Attached Thumbnails 020.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Power Poster

Another two great blocks ... yes, re the tulips! Especially when you look at Honcheys pretty pink spring tulips!

OKSGlad ... Your quilt is going to be so nice and subdued. Mine is going to be it's in your face and loud cousin! Talk about Contrasts!!!

I think for 2012, I 'm going to have to "force" myself to do some things that are softed and more subdued. Now that will be a huge challenge for me! Step outside the box of comfort, QuiltE!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

Step outside the box of comfort, QuiltE!

It's always nice to challenge ourselves! My DQ exchange is really going to be outside mine.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Step outside the box of comfort, QuiltE!

It's always nice to challenge ourselves! My DQ exchange is really going to be outside mine.

You can remind me of that later! ... honing in on the home stretch for FWS, so can't change now. And the PC I'm pretty much committed to what it'll be, though I do see it more as an organized, planned, coordinated scrappy. Wait til you see the 4PP that's also on my design wall, that I'm itching to finish up .... definitely not subdued, multi coloured 4PP's and then framed up with purple for a square in a square! Yes, some subdued. Hey ... just remembered I did the OBW in the soft girly girl look that was so not me norm.

Oh but I will .... step out side that box!!!
And would you believe, today I started to think about doing a mini, for a snowman decoration in my home? Or that I should have a mini on the back of the washstand in my bedroom that currently displays towels with crocheted edging. Yes, more ideas than time .... and brains!

**walking away now and muttering:: ... I cannot start any more projects!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:35 PM

Here are my Week 7 Blocks: #13 Buckwheat and #14 Butterfly at the Crossroads. Better late than never!
Attached Thumbnails fws-13-buckwheat.jpg   fws-14-butterfly-crossroads.jpg  
Old 02-09-2012, 06:34 PM

Wow-very pretty blocks, Nicky. I love the fabrics you chose, especially the blue & green. Great job!