Farmers Wife week 4 Blocks 7&8 photos >

Farmers Wife week 4 Blocks 7&8 photos

Farmers Wife week 4 Blocks 7&8 photos

Old 08-29-2010, 05:03 PM

Sorry, what is the BB?
Old 08-29-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by shamrock
Sorry, what is the BB?
BB is BlockBase, a software program that is sold by the people who do ElectricQuilt. You don't need to have EQ to use it, which is why I bought it. You can bring things from BB into EQ though.

BB is the software version of Barbara Brackman's Encylopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns. It has @4,000 blocks. You can look up blocks and then print them out as templates, foundation piecing pattern (if do-able) or rotary cutting directions.

I bought it to find the foundation piecing patterns for blocks in FW Quilt, since I am paper piecing the blocks (unless they're circular).

BB costs about $70.

I also use Quilt Assistant, which is a free download program, where you can look up blocks in the same way as BB, but not as many blocks. The good part of it is that you can draft patterns (draw them in) and have it print out as foundation piecing, templates or rotary cutting. This is good for blocks that aren't in BB. Sometimes BB doesn't offer a block as fp, but I have been able to draw it into BB in separate units then sew them together to make the block. I've used that for Bat Wing, Big Dipper, Basket Weave (easy peasy) and Basket.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:16 PM

Beautiful blocks everyone! I am behind already. #3 was the last one I did. I guess I'll try to catch up this week.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
Originally Posted by shamrock
Sorry, what is the BB?
BB is BlockBase, a software program that is sold by the people who do ElectricQuilt. You don't need to have EQ to use it, which is why I bought it. You can bring things from BB into EQ though.

BB is the software version of Barbara Brackman's Encylopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns. It has @4,000 blocks. You can look up blocks and then print them out as templates, foundation piecing pattern (if do-able) or rotary cutting directions.

I bought it to find the foundation piecing patterns for blocks in FW Quilt, since I am paper piecing the blocks (unless they're circular).

BB costs about $70.

I also use Quilt Assistant, which is a free download program, where you can look up blocks in the same way as BB, but not as many blocks. The good part of it is that you can draft patterns (draw them in) and have it print out as foundation piecing, templates or rotary cutting. This is good for blocks that aren't in BB. Sometimes BB doesn't offer a block as fp, but I have been able to draw it into BB in separate units then sew them together to make the block. I've used that for Bat Wing, Big Dipper, Basket Weave (easy peasy) and Basket.
QN, if you have EQ, you can bring the block into it and most of the time EQ has a pp patten even if BB dosen't. If EQ doesn't have a pp for a patt, it could happen if the block has round pieces. Then you can select parts yourself and make a pp patt. Then go back and print out templates for the round pieces.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:14 PM

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:55 PM

I have done 3/4 of the Farmer's wife block. Now I know why it wasn't included hahahhahah....oh my. I have ripped 5 times but I got it now....I like it. It really looks like a woman. I am going to bed ...it's 1am lol...
Old 08-29-2010, 11:05 PM

I love seeing everyone's blocks. They are all so pretty! Nice job to you all and thanks for continuing to share. :-D

Here are my blocks 7 & 8:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-107151.jpe   attachment-107152.jpe  
Old 08-30-2010, 04:28 AM

Love your blocks - the polka dot fabric looks really nice.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:34 AM

Sew Connie

Love your blocks! Wow! The polka dots are great.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:27 AM

Hope my points come out that good.