Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Farmers Wife week 4 Blocks 7&8 photos >

Farmers Wife week 4 Blocks 7&8 photos

Farmers Wife week 4 Blocks 7&8 photos

Old 08-30-2010, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
I love seeing everyone's blocks. They are all so pretty! Nice job to you all and thanks for continuing to share. :-D

Here are my blocks 7 & 8:
Did you paper piece your blocks? So nice!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
I have done 3/4 of the Farmer's wife block. Now I know why it wasn't included hahahhahah....oh my. I have ripped 5 times but I got it now....I like it. It really looks like a woman. I am going to bed ...it's 1am lol...
Rosy, I went to BB2 and typed in Farmer's Wife and it gave me nine different blocks? Which one are you doing? Just curious! Sorry you don't enjoy the small blocks...I'm having fun doing them, but I'm paper piecing everything, so it's probably a bit easier...
Old 08-30-2010, 06:30 AM

Sew Cornie I love the polka dots. How cute. Your points are spot on. :)

Wish I could do the PP as I do enjoy that. I can't afford the bucks right now for the BB program or EQ7. Maybe for Christmas.
This Birds in the Air has me baffled and I just can't get the points right yet I made a table runner yesterday and every point is right on. In fact it is the best work I have done on points without PP it. Go figure.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
I love seeing everyone's blocks. They are all so pretty! Nice job to you all and thanks for continuing to share. :-D

Here are my blocks 7 & 8:
Beautiful blocks -- I love the colors. :thumbup:
Old 08-30-2010, 09:04 AM

Reversed block 7. Don't even remember block 8. Quilter's Haze all in my brain. :0D

Love Sew Cornie's colors.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-107477.jpe   attachment-107478.jpe  
Old 08-30-2010, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
Reversed block 7. Don't even remember block 8. Quilter's Haze all in my brain. :0D

Ooh love the color choice!!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
Originally Posted by Rosyhf
I have done 3/4 of the Farmer's wife block. Now I know why it wasn't included hahahhahah....oh my. I have ripped 5 times but I got it now....I like it. It really looks like a woman. I am going to bed ...it's 1am lol...
Rosy, I went to BB2 and typed in Farmer's Wife and it gave me nine different blocks? Which one are you doing? Just curious! Sorry you don't enjoy the small blocks...I'm having fun doing them, but I'm paper piecing everything, so it's probably a bit easier...

I only got three blocks when I typed it in but I am familiar with one in particular, when I was learning about blocks and would look at blocks and names all the time.

Go to the top of bb and click on find by number. It will be the second flashlight to the right. Type in 4088. That should bring it up.

I enjoyed the small blocks for a while but I am very partial to large blocks. I will pick and choose and add some others that I like and have fun with it.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie

oh those are beautiful...is that Aunt Gracie fabric?
Old 08-30-2010, 07:40 PM

pookieookie, I love your 30's prints. They make for very cute blocks.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I really appreciate the encouragement. I'm not paperpiecing as I've only tried that a couple of times before. I didn't want to use this quilt as practice for a new method. Instead, I'm using only templates. I've found the method that AbbyQuilts did the tute on to be working very accurately for me. I know it will be a pain to use templates for the setting squares and sashings, but it's gone so well so far, I think it will be worth it in the end to do the entire quilt top this way. I figure that the time I'm spending tracing and cutting by hand is making up for time I'd be unsewing otherwise. BTW, I began quilting 20 years ago, so I've had lots of practice. My goal is to make this my most accurate quilt yet and potentially show-worthy.

Keep plugging away everyone! I love seeing all of your blocks and am already imagining how gorgeous each of these quilts will be! :-D :-D

Here's the link for the template tutorial by AbbyQuilts:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-57961-1.htm
Old 08-30-2010, 08:13 PM

I finished the Farmer's Wife block. Isn't she pretty? and the block does look like a woman doesn't it. It was hair of dog to put it together tho. More than half of it was set in.

This is how it looks RWQuilts. The entire block was templates. I don't make the plastic templates or the freezer paper either, well sometimes I do.

I just printed out the pattern, cut out the templates, pinned with two pins to the fabric and layed my ruler on the 1/4 inch line and cut wherever there was a straight line. On the curved pieces I cut with sissors.

I can't see going through all the work of plastic templates if I am only going to it once or twice. I did sew all the tempates together to the back of the pattern page and filed it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-107885.jpe