Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
FW Medallion Quilt Along BOTW >

FW Medallion Quilt Along BOTW

FW Medallion Quilt Along BOTW

Old 06-24-2020, 04:06 PM

aforristall, Buy a lot? … lol
Old 06-24-2020, 05:14 PM

givio-lololol

aforristall--I personally don't plan to follow the color ways in the blocks, but just try to use different colors evenly throughout the blocks. The 8" ones I will do lighter fabrics like Laurie did to have the light/dark rounds stand out more.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:37 AM

Hello All! So are your books arriving? Do you have fabrics picked out? I have printed several of the pp'ing patterns and started cutting them out. My goal for this week is to work on cutting fabrics for the center Medallion. Also need to finish typing up the schedule so it is ready to post on July 1st.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:53 AM

First try at site to get templates, failed. Try, try again. Bummer. I have the book, have ordered special fabric for background and blocks. Godd sales at 50 % off.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:31 AM

Husband helped me and I got it downloaded. Whew! Hypertension popped out faster than lightning!. I guess I will need to order more ink if I print it all out. I'll wait and see after my fabric comes (50% off) and see what I what to do. It should arrive next week, we will see. Looking forward to seeing what you all do on each one.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:47 PM

I missed reading the whole book, but how do we tell the 6" size/ layout, from the 8" size/layout? I'd rather do the 8" and do it right without ripping and repeat?
Old 06-27-2020, 02:51 PM

QNS--the quilt actually has both sizes blocks. Each round is either 8" or 6"...alternating. I don't have my book in front of me, but I think the patterns say which size each block is? If not I know the file you can download has them sorted by size at the beginning. It is an interactive file in that you can click on a block number and it goes to that block.

Last edited by carriem; 06-27-2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:35 PM

I started sewing on my center block today. Lots of pieces!

Be watching for the new thread tomorrow evening called "FW Medallion BOTW Schedule, Photos, and Discussion"...I am about halfway done typing it up....should be able to finish tonight.
Attached Thumbnails img_1834.jpeg  
Old 06-29-2020, 05:44 PM

Thanks, Carrie for doing all that work. I will lurk for awhile taking notes and waiting for my fabric to come. DH brings in the mail the next day after delivery, so I will have to be patient until it arrives. Then to order more ink, as the low ink light came on after printing out everything, about 200 some pages or more. Printing on both sides helped, but I will have to use my paper piecing paper to copy each one as we go, so will be using more ink. That gives me time to finish 'The Frolic' have finished the half squares and will do the four corners this week...maybe even get some of it together.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:06 AM

Thanks for putting this together Carrie! I am going to join this group and think I will make 2 quilts at the same time - one in 30's fabric and one in Tula Pink
Downloaded my patterns and will be printing them this week.

Can't wait!!