Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 36  Block 71 Mrs Morgan & Block 72 Mrs Smith >

The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 36 Block 71 Mrs Morgan & Block 72 Mrs Smith

The FWS 30's Quiltalong Week 36 Block 71 Mrs Morgan & Block 72 Mrs Smith

Old 12-27-2016, 12:39 AM

That's funny (and sounds beautiful), but I understand. I just try to tell myself that I don't think anything about someone paying to play a game of golf or go to the shooting range or scrapbook, etc. So, it's ok if I have a lot of projects waiting to get finished. It's what creativity looks like. Plus it's stress reliever, too. It's a lot better than bonking people on the head, which is what I might do if I didn't have an outlet As long as I'm making progress by finishing something, then I'm trying to accept all my projects as normal and healthy. I must admit, though, I do apologize to my husband for the space. I'm trying really hard not to do that though. My daughter mentioned to me that Dad never apologizes for the shed full of his stuff, so why should I. Smart girl So, we're just excercising our creativity muscles!
Old 12-27-2016, 12:55 AM

Can you tell that this thing with too many projects has been an ongoing war with me for a long time? lol It's funny that we do the same thing with the lists. I bet you have a lot of beautiful finished quilts!
Old 12-27-2016, 05:46 PM

Well, I did have some beautiful finished quilts. :-) I've given them away. I've made some for weddings, birthdays, babies, and just 'for fun' gifts. I made a couple that I sold, to earn money. I made some to give for 'charity'... I gave one to raise money for missionaries for our church. I've got some tops finished that I'm planning to get quilted by a woman with a longarm, who told me she would give me a good price due to them being for the local men's shelter (where homeless men can get a bed to sleep for the night). She was busy through Christmas time this year, but I hope to get them to her before too long. I have only two finished quilts at home, but I wouldn't say they are my best ones. :-) But I have quite a few tops done! I'm not keen on the quilting part...