Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The FWS Pony Club 2nd Milestone "Show & Tell" blocks 16-30 Photo Page

Anael ... can you get Kaufman fabrics in The Netherlands? Or is this something we shouldn't be tempting you with?

Here's a link to the manufacturers site for the Fusions Mist ... 29 different colours

http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics/fusions_mist/#products/byart_no

I think it would have been the Espresso that I saw that I really like ... though it just didn't work with the PC blocks. I didn't check at the time, but I'm thinking my cornerstones are Merlot .... and the sashing would be Evening.

Take a look at the other Fusions (drop down list in the search function) .... I just discovered that those shimmery looking tonals that someone is using are Fusions .... and there's only 138 to choose from! Another line had 100 fabrics. One of the lines has some great metallics that I"ve used ... and the pics online do not do them justice at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was looking at this one for mine! It is in the #5574 series, same website that Quilt E gave above! I just love all the color variations in these fabrics.

The LQS doesn't have these fabrics and that's the only shop I can go to without having to drive for hours. So go ahead and tempt me LOL
    I will have a look at the 138 different fabrics and maybe next year I will know what I'm going to do with the sashing
    Thanks for the link QE!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Oh Aneal I love your blocks tagether! So light. I'm thinkin' that a dark like the one you are showin' would be a great balance.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    Oh Aneal I love your blocks tagether! So light. I'm thinkin' that a dark like the one you are showin' would be a great balance.
    Oh but there is ordering on line if you know what you want. I think my LQS has the fusion misty in stock probably in the brown. I could send you a FQ so you could see it in IRL before you decide. Just let me know.

OK Here's mine. I have some weirdos in the mix. I made a few substitutes, but you can get the idea. I put too many in the first shot and as you can see, no sashing decision yet.......Love those Fusions, but I think I need to "see" what I am going to use if I can. I do have some brick and mortar shops around that I will look at before making a decision.....this in not going to be easy.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

QuiltE I really like the way your yellow/cream background looks. It surely brings all your blocks together and is very calming......

Wendi - I'm gasping! They go so well tagether & I really like your substitutes. (I've made quite a few sub.s also.) No weirdos at all in your blocks.
    Bev

Oh my gosh, I think I'm going into diabetic shock with all the eye candy these past two days... I love all the bright colors. Wendi, Where did you get the pattern for the tan horse shown on the left side of your blocks.. I love it... I have to take a photo of my blocks...maybe tomorrow. H

Almost forgot I had to do this today, (see what happens when DH is home).

Here are my first 30, I have only sewn on a few sashing strips, I am trying to sew them together in the same sequence as Laurie did otherwise I get myself into a real pickle trying to arrange blocks.

Everyones blocks are so beautiful, give yourselves a big pat on the back for another great achievement
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karen

Wendi and Mirabelle - oh how I love to look at the blocks all together. Great work gals!

Mirabelle your blocks are awesome. The right balance of color & your sashing is perfect. I've got ta where I look for those lovely roses of yours! You have 'em just enough not ta overwhelm the quilt with 'em.
    Bev

Wendi, your blocks are so bright, I love it! The horse without indian is great

Mirabelle, your quilt will be so beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    Oh but there is ordering on line if you know what you want. I think my LQS has the fusion misty in stock probably in the brown. I could send you a FQ so you could see it in IRL before you decide. Just let me know.
    Thank you, that's so sweet of you! I tried something with Paint, two different sashing colors. I hope the difference can be seen, I have no idea if this works because I had to resize the pic.
    Name:  Sashingtrial1 (508 x 243).jpg
Views: 79
Size:  57.1 KB
    The first color is Brown, the second color is Earth, both from Fusions Mist.

I like the Brown, the Earth may be a little too dull jmho
    Karen

Thanks mirabelle, that's what I thought too when I saw the pictures. I'm not going to use cornerstones btw

Wednig...your quilt just has personality...no weirdos. Great balance of values that keeps is interesting.

Mirabelle...your blocks when all together don't disappoint. Just beautiful. BTW...will you be doing more chariety quilts?

Anael, Personally, I like "brown" too......but perhaps it is too bold to use with all of your softer colors...... you have to decide.....gosh, as I said, no easy job! Are you planning to use a cornerstone with it? To be honest, I like both and either would work.....The darker brown makes a definite frame....I guess it depends on the look you want.

Mirabelle......your blocks are beautiful. They all look so good together..... Isn't it kind of amazing to see them all together???? Fun! Fun! Fun!

Honchey and Anael.....That horse(without the Indian) is one I got from "Block of the Day". I have downloaded it to my Foundation Factory. If you can tell me how to post it for you, I will. I'm so darn "untechie"....LOL!

Wendi, no cornerstones. I think looking at the differnce I would say the brown as it makes a definite frame like you said.

Do you still know when you downloaded that horse? I've downloaded quite some blocks of 'Block of the Day" but I don't know if I downloaded a horse or not LOL I don't remember the blocks being 12" though, did you enlarge it?

Anael....that horse was a January 15, 2012. Since I downloaded it into my Foundation Factory, I can resize it to whatever I need. As soon as I saw it, I KNEW I had to make it....HeeHee.....You, obviously, remember the story......

Yes I remember, I was the one who started that 'conversation'. I don't have the horse block, I didn't download any blocks this year. I do have another horse block but that one is not as nice as yours!

Wendi, I'm with everybody else: The brown looks the best. It frames your blocks beautifully!
    Bev

Great job everyone on your "30 block milestone"! I didn't remember until yesterday that this new thread was posted. So excited to see the blocks all together. I will post my first 15 early next week...kids needed more attention than usual this week so no sewing. Oh well, being a mom is a good job too! Maybe Sunday afternoon I will get a chance to do a little something....14 blocks are completed.

Carrie

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast