Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FWS PONY CLUB QUILT-ALONG Week 3 Blocks "At the Depot & Arizona" PHOTO Page

Blog Entries
    It is actually a dark brown almost plum Thanks I am really enjoying this. I love everyones blocks glad I joined the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Cookie .... Oh so sweet and delicate. I really like that turquoise print! Is that a deep plum/purple At The Station?

JanRN ... whooooooooaaaa girl ... I seem to recall other Pardners here using cowboy-talk!!

Oh, man I just love looking at everyone's blocks.

QuiltE.... we are only 6 blocks in so it hasn't been that hard to raid the stash. We shall see as the weeks go by. I am trying to follow what colours Laurie used so that makes it easy to shop the stash. I just got a couple of western type fabrics in the mail today from a very dear friend.

You're right it is really, really cold here. It won't be long before cabin fever sets in. The little darlings have gone home so I am going to relax and enjoy the quiet before moseying on down to the sewing room.

Leba... The 30's fabric has been in my stash for more than 10 years. It really doesn't go with the pony theme, but the colours worked and it was time to use it up. Thanks.

Can't wait to check this thread again. Keep 'em comin'.

Janie

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie LM View Post
    Here are my blocks for this week I really like them
    They are stunning, Cookie!

Quote Originally Posted by JanieW View Post
    Oh, man I just love looking at everyone's blocks.

QuiltE.... we are only 6 blocks in so it hasn't been that hard to raid the stash. We shall see as the weeks go by. I am trying to follow what colours Laurie used so that makes it easy to shop the stash. I just got a couple of western type fabrics in the mail today from a very dear friend.

You're right it is really, really cold here. It won't be long before cabin fever sets in. The little darlings have gone home so I am going to relax and enjoy the quiet before moseying on down to the sewing room.

Leba... The 30's fabric has been in my stash for more than 10 years. It really doesn't go with the pony theme, but the colours worked and it was time to use it up. Thanks.

Can't wait to check this thread again. Keep 'em comin'.

Janie
    No reason for you to get cabin fever, JanieW .... just sew sew sew sew to your little ♥'s content!
    Your 30's fabric will mix and match perfectly with the quilt!
    You'll be able to mix and match from your stash, and perhaps find some more in the stores as time goes on.

brrrrrrrrrr ... Keep Warm!
    (and thankfully we're not so ccccccold here, cold yes, but not like you! Just finished talking to a GF whose DD is in Calgary at -35C.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

I finished Arizona today. I'll start cutting At the Depot in a little bit.
    I did some playing with this neat block. First I used the striped fabric & cut the HSTs over the dividing line. I don't think I'm explaining this very well. Next I wanted to show off the Betsy Ross cameo without cutting off the top & bottom. Well I cut the line drawing out different.
    Here's a picture of the back with the freezer paper still on it.
    Name:  PC Arizona Back.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  58.7 KB

Here's the front.
    Name:  PC Arizona.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  78.5 KB

I also wanted to show the 2 partial blocks that i made by sewing the cut off pieces from the Arrowhead block. I'm thinking of putting borders on 'em (they are about 6" square) & then appliqueing something different on each one.
    Name:  PC Extra blocks .jpg
Views: 139
Size:  72.1 KB
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Hi Y'all, I must say " Have we got ouselves a bunch of Quilters" Yay !! Yippee!! You have outdone yourselves...so creative and your choice of fabrics and color are outstanding...keep it up Honchey

Um, Anne, if you quit hanging out at the Bingo Hall and started sewing......just kidding. Hope you're feeling better and enjoying your stay down south. I agree with you--lots of talent showing up for PC. This is so much fun-thank you for "hosting" this round-up (now I sound like Quilt E LOL).
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Blog Entries
    Oh dublb so clever, especially with Betsey! Thanks for sharing your fpaper work.
    Cookie what a pretty aqua to offset the other blue; great fussy cut flower.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Wow everyones blocks are beautiful, I feel like I am really really late this week. Was going to post last night but DH arrived home from work and I had to cook he works away from home week away week at home. So some weeks I get a lot of sewing done and the next week not so much
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen

Blog Entries
    mirabelle this is going to be one gorgeous quilt. I love the colors in it! Oh I am weakening!! I may have to start this after all.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Oh, I really like looking at all of these wonderful blocks. They are all lovely! I especially like how they are enlarged. I'm so glad that I joined this group!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

wow they all look fantastic.
    God Bless you all.
    Heather.

JanRN ... atta girl!! You just keep that up, y'hear?

DublB ... Looks like you nailed it!! Miss Betsy would be pleased with your handy work.

MiraBelle ... ooooooooooooooh beeeeeeeauuuuuuuutiful! Darn that husband for thinking he should interrupt your sewing to be fed and watered! Imagine!!

OKSGlad ... Yippppppeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Honchey ... watch out or you're going to have to change your handle to BINGO!

Moi
    ? ... almost had another pair of FWS done and then noticed that I'd miscued on placements of colours/fabrics on the 4 of the 5 sections. Thankfully it was before I sewed the 5 together. It'll be much easier to totally remake the sections than to take apart. I'll put them together and make a mug rug, instead!

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    Wow everyones blocks are beautiful, I feel like I am really really late this week. Was going to post last night but DH arrived home from work and I had to cook he works away from home week away week at home. So some weeks I get a lot of sewing done and the next week not so much
    Ohhh Mirabelle - those blocks are just sensational! Such beautiful colors and workmanship!

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    mirabelle this is going to be one gorgeous quilt. I love the colors in it! Oh I am weakening!! I may have to start this after all.
    Awww come on - weaken some more - come and join in the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    OK we must be wearing you down just a little come play on our pony trail, its the best fun you'll ever have
    Karen

Thanks QuiltE, my DH works on a mine site and although I do look forward to him being away I also long for him to be home. I will just have to make him stop watching cooking shows, cause he thinks he lives in a restaurant
    Well I am off to pack my car ready to spend a day sewing with my machine embroidery group.
    Keep those beautiful blocks coming everyone, the eye candy is unbelievable
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    Wow-I love coming to this thread (or corral as QE would say). I can't believe how beautiful everyone's blocks are--and a unique take on each one. Just love them all.

GardnerGal I learned doing FWS not to square up my blocks until I was ready for sashing. The sashing "tames" all those waves and helps make them all the same size. (not that mine varied in size -HA!!)
    Thanks, Jan. That's what I was counting on.

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    Thanks QuiltE, my DH works on a mine site and although I do look forward to him being away I also long for him to be home. I will just have to make him stop watching cooking shows, cause he thinks he lives in a restaurant
    Well I am off to pack my car ready to spend a day sewing with my machine embroidery group.
    Keep those beautiful blocks coming everyone, the eye candy is unbelievable
    Hope you have a fun retreat-day!

As for DH ... I can see that you cram two weeks of "life" together, in the one week he's home ... and then wheeeeee you're on your own again! I'm sure you miss him when he's gone, but somewhat enjoy the independence you gain ... while at the same time are anxious for him to return ASAP!

I'll try once more.....Hope it works. I am following along, but so far, only in reading......I've not been able to post my pictures.......Here goes.....

WendiQ ... Looks like you mastered both the piecing and now posting your work!
    Well done on the fussy cutting and pointy-points/square/squares!
    Hope you're now going to back track and show us your A Beauty and A Dandy!

Quote Originally Posted by wendiq View Post
    I'll try once more.....Hope it works. I am following along, but so far, only in reading......I've not been able to post my pictures.......Here goes.....
    Wendiq - I just love the little girl and her pony in your block! Great work on both blocks, thank for sharing! I just love to come to this site and see all the great workmanship! You gals & guy are the best!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    WendiQ ... Looks like you mastered both the piecing and now posting your work!
    Well done on the fussy cutting and pointy-points/square/squares!
    Hope you're now going to back track and show us your A Beauty and A Dandy!
    HeeHee, QuiltE........I skipped "A Beauty", just decided I didn't want the frustration, but here is "A Dandy"....I did two to make up for the first one that I chickened out of.....

Well Darn! As you can see, one wouldn't upload.....maybe too large. It is with a cowgirl in the center.....all reds around.....fun! I love doing these blocks and reading the stories surrounding them....
    Last edited by wendiq; 01-19-2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Clarify why not two photos

Fantastic variety of fabric choices. I like looking such beautiful and well done blocks. So great combo fabrics & colors, those fussy cut are perfect for each block. Very well done.

As for me, here is my Arizona block:
    Name:  06+Arizona.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  253.8 KB

Your stars are so nicely lined up......pretty block....

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast