Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 11 Cat's Paw & Confederate Rose PHOTO Page

Oooooooooooh MiraB ... beeeeeeaaaauuuuuuuuuutiful! I think we're all in love with your fabrics. If I were you, I'd put that Kitty Paw paisley under lock and key so u-know-who doesn't sneak in and snatch it from you!! Looks like you got those y-s tamed!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Just beautiful Mirabelle. Love the fabric you're using and you nailed those y seams!
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

JanRN,
    I'm no Y seam expert, but this is what helped me. You can click on the pictures in the tutorial to make them bigger and easy to see.

I don't press my seams open and I don't pivot. I take a couple of tiny back stitches and remove the piece from the machine. I fold fabric out of the way. Then I line up the next seam. I use starch on the pieces to keep them from stretching. I hope this tutorial helps.

Janie

http://how-to-quilt.com/articles/220...t-in-seams.php

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I am having so much fun. The Y seams are going together but I do draw a line for each seam allowance and this gives me a point to stop at the pivot, the seams I have pressed flat
    Karen

Oh my you gals outdid yourselves this week!

Anne, Wow what bright beautiful colors you used in Cat's Paw - love your Conf. Rose too.
    Termi, I love the tiny little kitties, and Conf. Rose fussy cutting is great.
    Janie, I love the kitty paw prints, and great color combinations in your Conf. Rose.
    Jan, your Cat's Paw is so cute...I have not started Conf. Rose yet.
    QNS, the contrast in your cat's paw is awesome. Your Conf. Rose looks good to me too.
    Wendiq, really cute fussy cutting cat in the center of your cat's paw.
    Anail, Oh My, I love cats! You did a great job fussy cutting on your cat's paw. What bright colorful colors you used on your Conf. Rose.

Thanks for the link JanieW ... I'll go thru it carefully before I tackle that Confound Rose!

mmmmmmmmmmm Do
    Y'all everyone smell the good aroma coming from QNSue's kitchen?

QNSue ... Now that looks like a FUN bunch of days ahead with your friend. We'll look forward to your tales of your time together!

Update! ... Oh what a good night in FWS land. It is changing SO much with every seam and I'm getting more excited as I see more and more of the strips coming together! Yeeeeehaaaaaaaw!!!

Update! ... Oh what a good night in FWS land. It is changing SO much with every seam and I'm getting more excited as I see more and more of the strips coming together!

I know what you mean QuiltE. After all that work, you can hardly wait to see it all done!

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Update! ... Oh what a good night in FWS land. It is changing SO much with every seam and I'm getting more excited as I see more and more of the strips coming together!

I know what you mean QuiltE. After all that work, you can hardly wait to see it all done!
    \

You bet ... and it encourages you more, with it looking nicer and nicer as you sew it together! Here's hoping for a good weekend, but for now I need to get on with my day and get out the door to a meeting. And you,
    JeanieG, need to get your plans made to go see Bonnie Hunter IRL! And then of course, report back to us, MissyJG!!

I want to leave here my compliments to all of you. Such beautiful and well done blocks for this week.
    I'm traveling and have no completed blocks to show you .
    Hope to get them done next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ArteEmCasa View Post
    I want to leave here my compliments to all of you. Such beautiful and well done blocks for this week.
    I'm traveling and have no completed blocks to show you .
    Hope to get them done next week.
    ArteEC ... at least you have an "excuse", with not being home! As for me, .........................!!
    ENJOY your time away!

Secretly,
    Ladies .... I bet ArteEC is away, wearing her Irish hat, and drinking green suds!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    \

You bet ... and it encourages you more, with it looking nicer and nicer as you sew it together! Here's hoping for a good weekend, but for now I need to get on with my day and get out the door to a meeting. And you,
    JeanieG, need to get your plans made to go see Bonnie Hunter IRL! And then of course, report back to us, MissyJG!!

I knew she was going to be at the quilt show, however we had other plans for the week, maybe next time! Also, I don't really like to travel down to the LA area by myself.

Blog Entries

week 11 blocks

again not to happy with blocks this week. I see how nice everyone elses are and it makes me upset that I can not get the same results. I will try and redo later when I get time. I love all the blocks that everyone has been posting they are beautiful I couldn't pick one that I like the best. Good job ladies
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cookie...your blocks are spectacular! I don't know why you are so upset. You did a beautiful job. Remember, quilting is a process and the last quilt we make is always better than the first one but the first one is usually the one we're the happiest with because we actually accomplished it. Keep looking forward!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    Cookie...your blocks are spectacular! I don't know why you are so upset. You did a beautiful job. Remember, quilting is a process and the last quilt we make is always better than the first one but the first one is usually the one we're the happiest with because we actually accomplished it. Keep looking forward!!
    Thanks gardnergal sometimes I look and I like them then the next I am dissapointed. Guess I'll get better as I go. Having fun anyway thanks for compliment

Cookie, those blocks are beautiful! I love the fabric in Cat's Paw. I can't believe how well your Confounded Rose turned out. Mine is thrown in the back of the closet in The Box That Will Never Be Opened. Great job! You're a beginner?????

Oh JanRN ... surely you could turn those into a scrappy sampler for Patches!

CookieLM .. those are beautiful. Don't be so hard on yourself. You'll be surprised as to how well they pull together, after they are sashed up. Unfortunately, that's long down the road, as we usually wait until we have them all done to decide on placement. Try auditioning your sashings with the blocks, and you'll get a feel as to how great they look!

Both blocks are beautiful but #1 is my favorite.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Blog Entries
    thanks Jan, Quilt E Betty 62 I am getting better but I get mad when I get done and they don't look like they should. Love quilting with all of you. Your blocks are an inspiration to me. Thanks again Jan finished this weeks doing PP and they really look nice. Thanks for everyones help I love this site

CookieLM, your blocks are beautiful, what nice colors!!!! I usually don't like my blocks when I'm finished with them.
    While I'm doing them it seems like everything is going ok but when done I see that there's something I failed to notice.
    This board is a great place to learn.

Well gang, better late than never! LOL Here are my blocks for last week!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful blocks, Jeanie. I love the red white and blue Confounded Rose and the fussy cut saddles are great. I love the woodgrain background in Cat's Paw. Great job!

Great blocks Jeanie. It's nice to have something new to look at on Tuesday. I have my CR almost done and haven't started Cat's Paw. I've been gardening since the weather is so nice.

Your BW+R Confounded Rose really makes a lovely statement, JeanieG and what a great job of the Cat's Paw. ITA with JanRN that your woodgrain really frames up the paws nicely!

I "promise" I'll be back in the saddle this week ... and I'm looking forward to it!!

Beautiful blocks everyone!
    I went through the book last night and looked at my fabrics. I have a lot of the same ones the author used lol I cannot wait to try these but I have to admit some of these blocks intimidate me. I fear curved piecing. I will have to go back to that thread and see if there are any good tips on how to do it.
    Hugs
    April

Hey, Hey, Hey. or "hay" I maybe should say here; if anyone on the PC trail with us making blocks each week wants some fabric to "help" build each block their way, PM me with their favorite colors,etc. I am so blessed with sooo much fabric that I will share a "bit". I love everyone's blocks and colors and the cats in the cat's paw was so very cute. And I see my renaming the confederate rose "confound rose" has caught on. Working on the next six blocks, I can see more challenges coming our way. Not making the Christmas Tree block per se, using Honchey's idea to "redo" Children's delight into a Christmas theme. Looking at Cake stand and not liking it, but cannot think of a substitute that suits me right now. Maybe someone else will and I can "adapt" their idea.

Alas, QuiltE, I do not have my slashing done on the FWSQ. Have all the 142 blocks done with finishing touches needed on last one and and about half of the slashing done...but getting tired of it hanging on the display flannel in the hallway so need to find some creative time to finish it. Perhaps your wonderful finish will encourage me enough to finish that last lap to the finish line.

But it is coming Spring and the orchard and garden is demanding my time. Daffodils are in full bloom, bleeding hearts and peonies are coming up and so are the weeds!! We have had to mow our yard. I love the 70s weather; very unusual for mid west region in March...very early Spring.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast