Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 16 Eastertide & Ella's Star Photo Page

QuiltE......two more winners....I love the playful Ella's Star......really cute...

Blog Entries
    QE--nice corners. By the time I got to my fourth one I was satisfied with the job, but not enough to redo the other 3!!
    Cute, cute bunnies! The yellow in your blocks is really a hallmark and you are doing a great job of finding fabrics to complement it!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OKSGlad ... so many fabrics are in my stash to choose from and so many keep appearing in my mailbox too! I'm loving it ... and I am choosing from my mail buddies first and foremost!! The corners aren't so perfect, remember the pics aren't so good!

And I didn't notice until I put up the pic, that the purple rays coming out to the corners aren't lining up just right. Will need to see if I can adjust the sashing placement or not ... and if not, this might become a re-do for sure!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    Oh come on Bev if I can do it so can you. I just have a few more grey hairs than I did yesterday
    Oh, so that's why I woke up with so many more grey hairs!

hey all sorry I have been MIA, due to ongoing health issues I have temporarily moved into my parents house, so I have more help with the kids.

I have not sewed the corners into Eastertide yet

GOOD LOOKIN blocks everyone!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear of your health concerns, DD. With handstitching these lovelies, are you able to sit and sew?
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

DD--very pretty block. Can't wait to see the other one done. Hope you get to feeling better again soon!

Oh DD, I'm so sorry! Health issues can be hard. I'm glad that you now have help! We're here if ya want ta talk.
    PS Beautiful Star!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

JanieW love the soft colours in your block, my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

JeanieG, that green looks great, must have been good luck to you also as your blocks looks great

QuiltE your sashing and cornerstone fabric is to die for, I love tone on tones, you have chosen the perfect fabric

I am no longer get daily updates on posts, so will have to resubscribe, can't miss any of the chat
    Karen

Oh no Karen, we need ya. Git that fixed ASAP.
    Bev

DDamsel ... what a pretty block. The pale blue stripes work well in the points. And is that barbed wire on the dark nabvy? So sorry that you are not well ... and am so happy for you that you can move in with your parents to help you out for now. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Last edited by QuiltE; 04-29-2012 at 09:01 PM.

QuiltE...your blue sashing really makes your blocks shine....and who will notice that one corner block isn't perfect?

DDamsel....hope you get to feeling better soon. You're more than welcome to ride shotgun in the chuck wagon until you get up to speed for sewing. Stay in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
    QuiltE...your blue sashing really makes your blocks shine....and who will notice that one corner block isn't perfect?

I will!!!
    ..... purples against the yellow really emphasize the diagonal not coming out right. And here I was thinking I'd made it thru the corner insertions without too much of a mess!!! I just don't know how I missed it, though I guess it was one of those things you couldn't really see til the sashing was in place. **note to self**be more observant in the future!!**

THANKS all
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

mirabelle, I like your 2nd Eastertide too. Both are beautiful!! Those corners were really buggers!

JanieW, oh, just beautiful!! Lovely shades of blue and turquoise and the red really stands out. They look perfect!!

JeanieG, the fabrics in Eastertide are just beautiful, the yellow really stands out. Love your horses, great FC. Great job on both!

dublb, sorry to hear about your uncle. It's always hard to lose someone you love. Give yourself time.

QuiltE, what beautiful blocks, just love your yellow. Such a cute bunny in the hat! The blue sashing is gorgeous!!

deranged damsel, great work on ES. The dark blue really stands out. The colors are lovely together!

Honchey, thanks to you my Eastertide has corners when it otherwise would not have!

Whew, they're not perfect but they're a done deal in my book.

Hang on, my uploads failed.

OK, I'll try to post again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

......... hanging!!!!!!!!

And thanks
    Termi for the kind words ... I'm liking the yellow more and more. Getting a better handle of how to mix it with the other fabrics. Blocks done, though I think that ET will be a re-do!

Oh Termi, your blocks are lovely. Nice li'le set-in blocks, & your center points in both blocks, are nice & sharp.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Oh Termi, these are just lovely! Great piecing, too.
    Question, how many of you take off the paper before taking photos/scanning? I usually am so excited that I'm done with the block that I leave the paper until some down time.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    ......... hanging!!!!!!!!

And thanks
    Termi for the kind words ... I'm liking the yellow more and more. Getting a better handle of how to mix it with the other fabrics. Blocks done, though I think that ET will be a re-do!
    QuiltE, hope you don't mind my asking but why are you going to re-do ET. I can't see anything wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Oh Termi, these are just lovely! Great piecing, too.
    Question, how many of you take off the paper before taking photos/scanning? I usually am so excited that I'm done with the block that I leave the paper until some down time.

oksewglad, thanks for the compliment! In answer to your question....... I can't wait to get the paper off so it's off before I post the pict.

Termi---both blocks are really great. What cute little basket fabric and the rocking horses are fun too!

QuiltE...Are you sewing the sashing on all 4 sides of each block or is the sashing just placed on them??? H.

Termi ... look at the top right corner of the Eastertide .... the blade/ray doesn't come out to the sashing the way it does on the other part of that same corner. I'm not rushing at re-doing it as I think I need a breather and some down time from those wicked corner pieces. I'll get ahead a few blocks then take another round at it! Great blocks ... nice and square and straight and pointy points. Wonderful colour/fabric mixes!

OKSGlad ... I take the paper off as part of making the block and now am adding the sashing as the final step. If I waited to take off the paper til later, I know I would hate it and only see it as work!

Honchey ... I'm just sewing it onto two sides, and then when the blocks sit side by side, it looks complete. For this pic, I did add some extra unsewn strips to give the look, but probably won't do that for the rest of the blocks. I'm ready for tomorrow night!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 04-30-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Termi...thanks for the eyecandy on a Tuesday morning. Really beautiful blocks well made.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast