Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club QUilt-Along wk 25  July Fourth  & John's Favorite Discussion Page >

The FWS Pony Club QUilt-Along wk 25 July Fourth & John's Favorite Discussion Page

The FWS Pony Club QUilt-Along wk 25 July Fourth & John's Favorite Discussion Page

Old 06-29-2012, 08:20 PM

Thanks for the compliments...and also suggestions on the buttons...I will be sewing them on tomorrow. I did get the binding on my quilt today...if you want to see I posted it on an UFO thread: http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...ml#post5327493

Oh and if you scroll down a couple posts from the quilt pictures you can see pics of my dogs...well Ginger is mine and comes to the clubhouse to lay at my feet when I sew. Beatrice is more dh's dog.

carrie
Old 07-01-2012, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

CarrieM ... looks like the kids are following in their Mama's footsteps! Talent all around!! I think I recognize Fusions Mist in your wreath? That's the same line as I'm using for my PC sashing/cornerstones. Nice job ... as the others have said, the odd numbers work best. Here's my food for thought ... the single buttons look a little lost to me, as though they need some friends! I really like the effect the buttons give, and wonder rather than sameness, if you could find some other styles of red buttons to mix in?

DDamsel ... I hope that the fires have subsided and a little less worrisome. A difficult time for you, as you live with the fear, I'm sure. A couple of years ago, a friend went thru much the same. For a couple of weeks her most important belongings were in her car, ready to depart or to have them with her, if she couldn't get home from work.

OKSGlad ... Another generation continues the talents. She's got it all figured out, starting with the sketch and then stash shopping. Looks like you'll be busy with a new project. PC can always wait, when you have the opportunity to teach the Grands!! And she looks so proud ... and eager!!! Curious? do your DDs sew?

CarrieM ...
Old 07-01-2012, 11:50 AM

Behind on PC sewing because: [ATTACH=CONFIG]345913[/ATTACH] newest babies have arrived. anyone know what they are?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]345914[/ATTACH]Families that swim together, eat together, unites against the turkeys, stay together. A turkey sat on the rim of the pool, with his rear end over the pool water, so the black duck comes up behind him and nips his rear... and the turkey quickly moves off. Minutes later here comes the black duck who had exited the pool, with the turkey almost catching his rear, and the black duck ducks back into the pool again. lol!!
Attached Thumbnails dscn0987.jpg   dscn0983.jpg  
Old 07-01-2012, 04:37 PM

Sue - DH thinks that they are quail. How close is he?

We went ta Brady this weekend & took some furniture. We worked hard Sat afternoon, grilled steak that evenin',& fished late into the night. OK we just watched bobbers float in the water while we talked. It was so nice!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:05 PM

Sorry, barb, dh is wrong. I wonder if anyone can ID the bird. Will post the answer with next week (this coming week) discussion.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:31 PM

Aw, shucks I was hopin' that he was right!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Power Poster

QNSue ... guess the birds are just like kids and their pranks in the pool.
I really don't know my birds, so I'm thinking your latest are more ducks ... hhmmmm? perhaps there has been more than pranks going on, but some mating?

Hey ... remember that nest in my Christmas turned Easter wreath. Well, birdies hatched, and were gone before we knew it. Annnnnnnnnnnnd before we knew it, there was another nest of eggs. Same Mom/Dad? mor not? I have no clue, but these ones are surely soon to leave, as they are bulging out of the nest. Mom has even been doing some home renos, in attempts to gain a little more space.

I've been kind til now .... but I'm going to be watching pretty close, and once they fly the coop, that wreath and nest will be gone FAST!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:50 AM

Ha! I typed an answer and forgot to submit it!! That is when you know you are getting 'old'!

Watch, birds, QuiltE is waiting in the wings to snatch your empty nest...Mama sit on it again quick.

No, the babies are not ducks. The tail is supposed to curl up at four months for the duck males; and female duck lays eggs at six months...looks like an all girl party. Babies are very small right now and have BIG feet; they tumble over every now and then.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

Ladies ...... OMG !!!!!!!
QNSue has baby storks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(what else could it be?)
Old 07-02-2012, 06:58 AM

HA! QuiltE, if that were true, I would have 2 dozen grandkids!! instead of just one from our three children. We prize and cherish him, and wish for dozen or two more!!