Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 41 Floral Bouquet & Seminole Square Discussion Page >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 41 Floral Bouquet & Seminole Square Discussion Page

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 41 Floral Bouquet & Seminole Square Discussion Page

Old 10-22-2012, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

Sigh just beautiful, Karen!
Old 10-22-2012, 03:05 PM

We all envy your 'quilt top' for the whole PC blocks. Wonderful.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
Lots of chatter to catch up on, grandbabies, (congratulations) quilt layouts amd everything in between. QuiltE I only have 2 blocks left to piece and hope to get to them this week. QNS can't wait to see your finished quilt hint hint
I have been sewing my blocks into rows and have rows 6 to 10 completed so here's a sneak peek. Hope you like it....
OMGosh! That's just way too purdy! Gasp! Way ta go Karen!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM

Wow Mirabelle, that is awesome. I love the color of the sashing and cornerstones you chose! It really ties all those blocks together beautifully! Gotta get going on this weeks blocks!
Old 10-22-2012, 05:12 PM

Carriem, I like that layout, too. Your blocks look great-sounds like you had a really great retreat and got lots done.

Mirab, I'm so jealous that you have so many put together. It looks fantastic! My blocks are scattered all over my sewing room; still can't figure out what I want to do to make them into 2 quilts.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Power Poster

CarrieM ... you must be a good Retreat Hostess to have so many ready to sign up already for March! Always a lot of work for the Coordinator and glad you were able to find some time to do some sewing too. Congratulations on being so close to the end of your blocks too! NIce to see your quilt centre ... did you do that at the retreat, so the others could see it?

QNSue .... woohooo ... finito! Funny the tours our mail makes, to get thru to its destiny. Ours goes many roundabout ways because of the central stations that it has to pass thru. Are you going to start stitching your blocks together soon?

JanieW ... Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! Your Mac and Cheese will be on tomorrow's lunch menu when I have a friend here for lunch! Baby Eloise got home for Thanksgiving ... though we were only able to see her via Skype! Shower coming 11/18 .... and no I have not decided what to make yet. However, tonight I have been washing the flannelettes thatI purchased for the occasion!

DublB ... Congratulations Grammie! MNB too ... so I'm thinking that is your DS's name?

OKSGlad ... So happy that you will get to see the other brood of Grand this week! NOw if only the really long distance ones could make it home too! Perhaps Thanksgiving? or Christmas?

MiraB ... *sigh* Outstanding Beauty!! Did you keep to the layout from the book? Or start placing with what you had and planned for the last ones accordingly? The two blues for sashing/cornerstones are perfect! Now if only we could see it IRL!!!

JanRN ... While you do not have yourse together ... you are further along the way than you think, being tha you have the bulk of your quilting done already. Hopefully soon, you will let us see yours laid out ... quickly on the grass, before the snow flies!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:16 PM

DFIL's name was Marvin Neal, DH's name is Mike Neal, #1 DSon's name is Micah Nathanieal, #2 DS's name is Matt Neal, #1 DS's name is Maddox Nathanieal, & His baby that is coming is Marshal. I don't know what they have decided for his second name but #1 DS says it will be a "N" name.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:36 PM

I had a hard day taday. I spent the day on the phone w/DH's 2 cousins (separately). Their DM is DMIL's Sister. She is also gittin' Alzheimers. I had ta help her DS (who lives w/her) know how ta handle her. (That sounds terrible.) It brought back so many bad memories.
I had ta tell him things like;

You can't bring her back into this world ya have ta go to her world.
Never say no.
Never ask "Don't ya remember?"
If she can't do something, act like it is hard for ya too.
If she says no then try again later. She will have forgotten that she said no.

It's so hard ta make 'em comfortable.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:48 PM

Bev my heart goes out to you and your family, it is not an easy time but with patience and love I am sure your will jump those hurdles as they arise.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:51 PM

Thank you everyone for your kind words, without the encouragement and support from all of you this quilt would never have been made.
I made the telephone block and thought it appropriate for my quilt, it put a smile on my face as I pieced it and recalled all the conversations that have been had over the past few years. I feel like I "know" each and every one of you