Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
FWS Pony Club QUILT Wk 4 Blocks "Basket of Flowers & Betty's Delight" DISCUSSION Pg >

FWS Pony Club QUILT Wk 4 Blocks "Basket of Flowers & Betty's Delight" DISCUSSION Pg

FWS Pony Club QUILT Wk 4 Blocks "Basket of Flowers & Betty's Delight" DISCUSSION Pg

Old 01-28-2012, 05:55 AM

[QUOTE=QuiltE;4916221][SIZE=3][FONT=book antiqua]GGal[COLOR=#006400][B] ... your LQS location sounds pretty inviting to me, too! Ten minutes away would be terribly dangerous. Are you in the Menno/Amish area of Indiana? (I had friends near Wakarusa)

Pray tell ... what is an "immersion" quilt? And do show us a pic!

I live on the Il/In state line just off of HWY 74. The quilt shop is in Danville, il. I'll post a picture of my quilt next week even if I don't have it completely done. My idea of an immersion quilt is when it's the only thing you're working on and you dream about the next step when you go to bed at night, designing as you go.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
I live on the Il/In state line just off of HWY 74. The quilt shop is in Danville, il. I'll post a picture of my quilt next week even if I don't have it completely done. My idea of an immersion quilt is when it's the only thing you're working on and you dream about the next step when you go to bed at night, designing as you go.
Gotchya!! ... Immersion Quilt!
And I'll look forward to seeing it when you're ready to show it off!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:37 PM

Default this weeks blocks

I am late this week had to baby sit my great grandaughter this week love everyones blocks made me envious of all of them.
Attached Thumbnails use-block-1-week-four.jpg   use-week-four.jpg  
Old 01-28-2012, 01:55 PM

I love your fabrics! And your points look great! Great job!
Old 01-28-2012, 02:47 PM

Loving all the blocks you've posted. I must have had a Senior Blonde Moment when I did Basket of Flowers. I didn't realize that the little squares were flowers! I thought they were just background. Duh!! No wonder my block was bland--I'm not redoing it, I rarely use yellow so mine will be called and Empty Basket of flowers.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Loving all the blocks you've posted. I must have had a Senior Blonde Moment when I did Basket of Flowers. I didn't realize that the little squares were flowers! I thought they were just background. Duh!! No wonder my block was bland--I'm not redoing it, I rarely use yellow so mine will be called and Empty Basket of flowers.

I didn't see an empty basket ... what I saw was a basket sitting in the flower garden, so you could pick some posies. I liked the way you matched your background with those yellow spots in the midst of the garden, and thought of it as sun spots! So JanRN, don't discount your work, well done!

Old 01-28-2012, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post

I didn't see an empty basket ... what I saw was a basket sitting in the flower garden, so you could pick some posies. I liked the way you matched your background with those yellow spots in the midst of the garden, and thought of it as sun spots! So JanRN, don't discount your work, well done!

I liked it too!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:16 PM

OOOOOH! Love these new blocks.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:11 PM

As promised, I took pictures. This is for my 10 year old granddaughter. I originally thought I would work with brights only but I discovered I had enough reds/pinks/corals and it just suddenly said her name. It fills my design wall and the colors aren't as brilliant as they are in person. I still have to quilt the borders and do the binding. I'm taking a break. I'm really new to quilting my own quilts and need to think about the next step. No ditches to stitch in between the thin accent strip and the piano border. Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails dsc01063.jpg   dsc01064.jpg  
Old 01-30-2012, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
As promised, I took pictures. This is for my 10 year old granddaughter. I originally thought I would work with brights only but I discovered I had enough reds/pinks/corals and it just suddenly said her name. It fills my design wall and the colors aren't as brilliant as they are in person. I still have to quilt the borders and do the binding. I'm taking a break. I'm really new to quilting my own quilts and need to think about the next step. No ditches to stitch in between the thin accent strip and the piano border. Thanks for looking.
Oh way cool GardnerGal! Beautiful colors, I know your GD will just love it! Thanks for sharing!