Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
FWS Pony Club QUILT Wk 4 Blocks "Basket of Flowers & Betty's Delight" DISCUSSION Pg >

FWS Pony Club QUILT Wk 4 Blocks "Basket of Flowers & Betty's Delight" DISCUSSION Pg

FWS Pony Club QUILT Wk 4 Blocks "Basket of Flowers & Betty's Delight" DISCUSSION Pg

Old 01-26-2012, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
Thanks for the link. It really gives a nice finish.
Your welcome. I love how we can share here on this board! I tell everybody I know, that this board is an awesome place to learn. I've learned more here, in 1 3/4 yrs that I could've in any classes!

Old 01-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

Opening scene: Fire crackling in the dark, smoke rising up in a soft swirl. A pony nickers in the night. Conversations circle around the campfire.

oksglad: Now I know what to do with that BBurg lace I found last night.
Jeanieg: OMG, QuiltE...fades in the air
dublb: I love this....fades in the air
Anael: Thanks,....fades in the air
QuiltE: Talk about.... fades in the air

It's just talk around the campfire before the herd settles down.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Opening scene: Fire crackling in the dark, smoke rising up in a soft swirl. A pony nickers in the night. Conversations circle around the campfire.

Oh yeah! Let's all gather round!
Old 01-27-2012, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Oh Mirabelle that is just gorgeous fabric! What a wonderful quilt you will have when you are finished!
Thanks JeanieG, the hard part will be getting it finished, why do we start so many projects, my brain goes into overdrive every time I see a new quilt design.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post

Allllllll righty, allllll you l'il cowpokes!
Time to Riiiiiiiiiiiiiise and Shine .... need to get these lil dogies rollin'!!!

Cue ... ♪♪♫
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fh1d...eature=related ♫♪♪
Old 01-27-2012, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

DublB ... ditto that ... and I know I've learned far more here in my less than a year, than I would have without being so.

OKSGlad ... and do tell us about those BBurg plans? I love BBurg, though I HATE the ironing part. The panels in my bedroom and bath are all BB.

MiraBelle ... I know exactly what you mean!!! .... see my siggy!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Anael ..... droooooooool! Beautiful, particularly the basket ... for some reason, I can see that one as a repeating one block quilt!

JanRN ... you impress me, that despite your hectic pace that you're finding time for yourself for some ooh and aaaah breaks. And making sure that you take time to sew too. Important!!! as that will help you keep your own batteries charged thru all this busy-ness! Keep taking care of you ... and you'll do a better job of taking care of the world.

GGal ... And .... we're all awaiting to see what the immersion is all about! There's an LQS here that runs the Marti + Me Clubs. Actually their whole store seems to be a Marti shrine!!! I haven't gotten involved, as the store is over an hour drive, and for short get togethers, it's just not worth my drive to haul everything around. I look at it as "if" I spent the driving time alone, I'm better to stay at home. To say the least about gas $ saved for fabric!!
I wouldn't drive that far either . I only have a out a 10 minute drive so I have to discipline myself to not go there more offten than I do. They also have a retreat center and classrooms so there is always something going on and they encourage sitting a spell with a cup of coffee. Great plaice!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Allllllll righty, allllll you l'il cowpokes!
Time to Riiiiiiiiiiiiiise and Shine .... need to get these lil dogies rollin'!!!

Cue ... ♪♪♫
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fh1d...eature=related ♫♪♪
What a hoot you are QuiltE!!! You do keep us all in line with good humor and a light heart. Today I've finished sandwiching my "immersion" quilt and plan to see where my pony will take me. Maybe a basket of flowers.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

Ok had a couple of "quilt" committments and can now look for the saddle and lasso my pony so I can get started on the trail. Anyone interested in looking at what's been keeping me take a look at:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...p-t177153.html

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t177150.html

This is in addition to everyday life on a dairy farm where I get to spend the money (aka bill payer, bookkeeper).
Old 01-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
What a hoot you are QuiltE!!! You do keep us all in line with good humor and a light heart. Today I've finished sandwiching my "immersion" quilt and plan to see where my pony will take me. Maybe a basket of flowers.
GGal ... your LQS location sounds pretty inviting to me, too! Ten minutes away would be terribly dangerous. Are you in the Menno/Amish area of Indiana? (I had friends near Wakarusa)

Pray tell ... what is an "immersion" quilt? And do show us a pic!

OKSGlad ... yeehaw!!!!!! And I now have th sun shining in my sewing room, so now need to put it back together and finish up FWS blocks. Yeppirrrrrrrrrrrr, I'll be ready to saddle up with you ... and we can hit the dusty trails and together, we'll have to chase down these trailblazers!!!!

Great new quilts ... I came I saw I left a message!

And whadya mean you're busy on a dairy farm???? Who're ya trying to kid????? *snicker*
(BTW ... you forgot the chief cook and bottle washer and parts-fetcher parts of the job description!)