Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 113 114 115 LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 2854

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Alright, here is a bigger layout. The red & yellow blocks aren't sewn yet & I still have 9 more of the Star Spin blocks to sew together. I just wanted to see how they would look.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

I like it Dublb. As long as it pleases you, that's the main thing.

I am a lady in waiting again. DD will get the printer here next weekend and I will print off the instructions and take the fabric selected and sew,sew and sew. DH says we cannot afford the LA right now, but I know how to 'tie' the quilts and not worry over it. But I gotta finish them first. So many on the bucket list! One step at a time. It is a blessing just to have my stash. DH thought the guest room looked nice this morning. Need to dress out some of the chickens, and the rooster who is attacking DH tomorrow.

Looking great Bev! I have been jumping around on the final two clues. I finished the string blocks last night, now have to cut them into the sections. I have almost all Star Spin Sections sewn together, but not into the final block. I have only put together one of the Red/Neutral blocks, to see what they look like. I like the brightness of the look I am getting.

QNS - I remember my ex-husband killing some of our Roosters when they got ornery also. They will attack!!! One came after me one day, and I grabbed him by his neck and gave him a good shake and threw him away from me, he never came after me again!!! LOL
    Last edited by JeanieG; 01-07-2019 at 11:01 AM.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

With our grandson coming, the rooster is becoming a greater problem. We have too many hens and paying too much for the feed. My DH has named some of them, and some days he is ready to dress them out, and other days, he just does not want too. I would to do a hen or two for the weekend. We will see what happens next.

Your quilt is cute, Bev. I like your colors better than Bonnie Hunter's.

Sue, we had an onery rooster... I started catching and picking him up and carrying him around under my arm like a little pet. He got so tame and friendly!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well, the rooster named "Red" is an escape artist, and he flew out of the cage and got free one more time. (Pardoned until he attacks again!) The two Easter Egg Hens were dressed and cleaned and cooked for this weekend. Seven jars of unseasoned broth is ready to process. All the remaining chickens and Red had their right wings clipped so they will not fly out of their pen now.

I might get to sew today! Sun is shinning, although its not that warm outside. Time to do a little more today, and sew progress, even if I measure the progress like an inch worm does! LOL!

QNS, Thanks for the chicken report. lol

I took a break from sewing & worked on painting the kitchen/dinning room door. On Monday I painted teh inserts grey on one side & on Tues I painted the rest that side white. I had already painted the whole thing w/Kilz several months ago. I'm gonna let it dry a week or so before I turn it over to paint the other side. Our temps have been up in the upper 60's w/lows in the lower 50's. I think w/those temps it might take a li'le bit longer to dry than it would have last summer.
    #2DSon is here for a couple of days. He got here last night & catches a plane on Friday to go back to Chicago. For Christmas he had written me a note that said when he was back here he & I would go to the LQS of my choice & I could buy $25 w/of what ever I wanted. We did that today. We went to Brownwood/Early. It was nice to have him to myself for that li'le trip. In the evening DM asked me to pick her up & bring her out here. She wanted to see him. (Right now she won't drive out here at night as the sun goes down so much sooner & she doesn't like to drive after dark.) Anyway after a supper of left overs she asked DH if he would play a game of Spades. He agreed. He doesn't usually play Spades. So we had a great time playing Spades tonight.
    Bev

What great family time, Bev. That's a blessing. What did you get at the LQS?

QNS, I know home grown chickens taste better than the grocery store kind, so I'm sure you are going to have a great meal. We used to raise meat rabbits. It was always so hard to butcher them, but their meat was soooooo good!
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

OH I got a half yard of a lovely Wildflower piece of fabric. It has purple, white & hot pink Aluims all over it. I also got a package of those neat fork pins & another Add A Quarter ruler as I have lost mine. I was gonna buy myself another charm for my charm Bracelet but #2DSon got that too. So he actually spent $31.
    Bev

dublb, You have a charm bracelet? My mother gave my sisters and I the silver chain for a graduation present from elementary school. Then, over the years we added charms. Of the three of us, I enjoyed doing that the most and filled my charm bracelet with two charms for each link. After I married I bought a second and filled that one with one or two charms per link. So, I collected a lot of charms! As kids we got charms on family vacations, and for various events, so the charms are like a history of memories. :-) But, I rarely wear mine. Recently, I thought I'd give the older one to my eldest granddaughter, and the second one to the second eldest. It won't mean the same to them as it does to me, but it's either give it or sell it, can't take it with me! :-p

I haven't sewn in almost 3 weeks!!

The LQS in Early/Brownwood has a promotion that if you spend $50 ya get a new charm each month. If I don't spend $50 I just buy one. They run about $6. I have every charm. She's been doing it for 3 years now. The charms are mostly quilt blocks. I have a vintage sewing machine charm, a rotary cutter charm & a few other sewing notion charms also. I love it. It jingles while I wear it.
    Bev

Oh, a charm bracelet of quilting things must be so cute!!

Oh, that sounds darling!

Yes, I once had a charm bracelet. Location is unknown. Our darling grandson is on his way here...with his parents. Happy, happy and happy weekend. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow and keep them here another day!

OH Sue! There ain't nothing better'n DGK's!
    Bev

Lucky you, Sue! Have a great family weekend.

It is snowing, have about 6-8 inches. I have learned (maybe) how to use the new printer by printing off Good Fortune. Now have a kindle and connected to Amazon and more knowledge given to me than I can understand this morning. DD is so fast and smart, she makes me wonder where that gene came from. DGS loves our in-house cat and can repeat her name faster than an auctioneer can sing. We are on a 15 minute break and its so quiet and nice in my bedroom. Whew! do I ever feel old! It may take me an hour in quiet peace to re-cap my energy. Yes, I am so happy they are here....

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family QNS! Sounds like you are going to be back in business with your Good Fortune Quilt. I am still plugging along too. I have all of the Spinning Star blocks completed. I thought I had done enough, but in recounting, I was four short. Got them done yesterday. Now to put the red & white blocks together. Slowly making headway on this quilt!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

It will take me quite a while to do Good Fortune and On Ringo Lake which I have set aside fabric from my stash to do both. Now have instructions printed out and essential ruler to do them right.

The kids were a bit concerned about their roads home, but they drive on the main highways, and have messaged us that the roads are all clear and snow free. We had a great time and enjoyed their visit...dh is working on the rest of the dishes when he gets ready. I stacked them this morning, rinsing out the pans and dishes for him and DD did a free while she was getting packed up to leave. Not going to disturb dh, lettng him take his time 'recovering' from visit on his computer.

WE love them, Cindy, Rick and Michael.Name:  DSCN1000.JPG
Views: 28
Size:  85.6 KBAnd Rick patiently waiting for Cindy to get into their car to return home. We were so happy to see them and give hugs all around. Yes, they are standing in front of my Farmer's Wife quilts. And Grace wooden frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by QuiltingNinaSue; 01-13-2019 at 12:37 PM. Reason: dual pictures; cannot cut out the twin.

Now just look at those smiling faces. I'm so glad they came to see ya.
    Bev

So glad you had such a great visit and that the roads were clear for their return home.

Nice photos, QNS. I know you were glad to spend the time with them.

You cannot know how wonderful it really was. Rick's expression waiting on Cindy says it all; even his Mother thought so.

I gained a printer and a kindle and heard my grandson laugh and laugh as he played with our house cat and she loved his attention. Sure missed him today. The house was so quiet again, but with good memories in our minds and hearts.

Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 113 114 115 LastLast