The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 04-16-2017, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

Look what I found on my afternoon walk....[ATTACH=CONFIG]571623[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_20170416_1919382_rewind_kindlephoto-230130.jpg  
Old 04-16-2017, 08:13 PM
Power Poster

Wow... that's lovely, OK. Do you know what it's called?
Old 04-16-2017, 08:31 PM
Power Poster

Yes...they are Dutchman's britches...a wildflower related to bleeding hearts.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:35 PM
Power Poster

Wow... I've never seen them before. They are beautiful.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:30 PM

I do hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter! I have had a wonderful time w/my DD & all her family.
OK, Those are lovely wildflowers!
Old 04-17-2017, 05:09 AM

Ok, its been so long since I have seen those wild flowers, I had forgotten what they looked like. Lovely bouquet.

Quilter 65 sent to see the Ark with all her family members and had a great trip.

Me, we stayed at home and I started the new book from Catherine Coulter, The Devil's Triangle. When the FBI and Rrit investigate Gobi desert storm of storms caused by controlling the weather. . . bad guys are really terrible, and the good are very entertaining. DD called, DS was a no show.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:17 PM

Picking flowers on an afternoon walk. It reminds me of some of the gentle advice in the letters we read in the FWS book. Take some quiet time away from house work, breathe the outdoor air, get exercise, appreciate nature, etc. They certainly do look similar to bleeding hearts!
Old 04-17-2017, 07:42 PM

The floor installer didn't show up! DH & I are thinking we might just do this ourselves. Well if the guy doesn't show up tomarrow we will. It might not have been so bad but we got up early & moved the TV & the rest of my furniture. Well not the couches but everything else. At 10:00 he called & said that he hurt his shoulder on Friday. Why didn't he call Sat, or yesterday, or earlier this morning? Sigh. We brought the TV back in & sat up the card table again. We won't move them till he arrives tomarrow morning.

DD & her family are still here. I really like spending time w/'em. DSonIL sent a resume in for a job here in Brady. (OK, he has sent out alotta resume's in the last 3 months.) So when DD, DGSon & I went into town for a trip to the PO, we spent 2 more hours driving around looking at houses. If he gets that job, she now has a good idea about what she can expect to find in housing around here. It was fun. It most probably won't happen but it thrills me that he sent the resume in.
We also had to get the electric fence set up around the garden as the black eyed peas are starting to come up! It was a real family affair.
Just before supper I dyed DD's hair. We usually end up doing it late at night so I am happy it is done.
They go home tomarrow.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:30 PM
Power Poster

It sounds like you had a great day with your family, Bev... even if the floor installer didn't show up. I sure hope your SIL gets that job in Brady. I know you will enjoy having your family close by.

My kids are all 3.5 hours away, in Memphis. It's better than when my daughter lived in England for 8 years, that's for sure! At least I can drive to them once in a while.

I'm trying to get the house ready for me to be away for a week... and some food prepared for hubby to eat. I'm going to the quilt show in Paducah! Yaaaaayy.... can't wait. Leaving here on Wed, spend the night in Memphis, and then on to Paducah Thursday morning. I'll take pictures of the show!
Old 04-18-2017, 04:40 AM

How exciting, SBG. Hope you have a good time there. And find lots of bargains.

Yes, Givio, I agree with you; afternoon walks does sound like the FW book letters. We were more for riding our ponies or later or later horses for afternoon fun. Never was one to 'hike' too far. In seventh and grade grades we walked to county school a mile and half away each way. If the ponies met me at the corner of the pasture, I'd ride the last quarter mile. No bridle or halters or saddles needed. Days of riding or walking are just memories now.

May all of you have a good week.