Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 132 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Bev, congrats on the sale of the house! No turning back now....

Gladie, what a lovely, lively place it sounds like you live in. All those cows, calves to keep straight, and now the grandchildren too. You must have boundless energy!

Givio said: SBG, you printed from the CD, then cut apart the templates, then scanned each individual template? Then set to print at 200%?
    Yup, that's just how I did it. A bit of a pain, but it got the job done.I like the blocks at 12" too.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

We signed the contract today. We did it electronically as we are back in Brady. Kinda neat!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

So happy for ya, Bev! That was so quick. Short and sweet.

QNS I have two license plates for you but if you can hang on two more weeks, I will be at a show and I'm sure I'll find more. Can't wait for that show!
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Great news Bev on your house. Bet your glad you don't have to go back and forth so much!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I'm still amazed at what happened to my son's expected back surgery today... We were at the hospital at 6:30 this morning and he was prepped and ready to go in the OR ..10 minutes later he & the Dr are walking down the corridor and the Dr wants to talk to me in a private room..He tells me that the surgery is not necessary at this time because my son's body is healing itself and it is absorbing the herniated disc and for the time being he'll be getting epidurals? shots? and rest for the next 2-3 weeks..This was discovered in the MRI that was taken a couple of days ago... The Dr. said that this sometimes happens and that DS is one in a hundred that will experience...I think the GUY upstairs had something to do with it..I've been talking to Him alot lately.. Just had to share this with all of you...

Yes, God answers prayer! Sounds pretty great, to me. So glad for your son to have avoided surgery. It must have been a shock to see him and the dr. walking around when you expected him to be in surgery. A good shock!

My son moved to Memphis today, three hours away. He's 26 but had some false starts and hard knocks and due to that, has been living with us again for the past 6 months. He's the 'baby' and we are very close to him, but he got a job in Memphis and had to go. He will be living with our oldest and her husband. My other son and his wife also live there, so all three of our kids have ended up in Memphis! It's 3.5 hours away, so close enough to visit... but we'll miss having our youngest at home. He was such a blessing to his dad and me. Trying not to be sad, but the last one has left the nest... again.

SBG, your always sound so young in your messages here, I cannot imagine Kids and grandchildren...but I dwell in past times and not always moving on with ages of younger members...realizing, yes, time does past all too soon many times.

Sweet corn is all done and in the freezer; I did it all by myself! This day is done and I am going to bed. Good night all.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-01-2017 at 06:09 AM. Reason: remove proselytizing

Blog Entries
    Life is full of changes....so glad for your sons, Honchey and SBG....every chapter of our lives reveals a lesson....

Tonight my lesson is to step outside and move away from the chaos....biggest discussion was who was sleeping where amongst the kids...noise level was beyond my tolerance level...I don't do well with whiners and the 2 5yo's were testing my limit... I went to my room and closed the door...don't know if I was missed...if those two were mine they would've had spankings...but they are not...in the end all's well and the 9 of them are sleeping in tents up the road...adults and a 2 yo are here...such drama.....Will go join the rest of the world...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Lol, I am 60 this year, QNS... but feel very young most times.

Gladie, sounds like you are experiencing 'too much togetherness'... how much longer? I'm still waiting for grandkids, but I've heard you love to see them come, and also to see them go! I agree, there is not nearly enough 'behavior modification' for children these days (spankings) and as a result we get little tyrants. Great to send them off to a tent down the road... HA HA HA.

Honchey, great news! :-)
    SBG, *Sigh* yes, I can identify with the feeling... I miss my boys. It's never the same when they are independent, married, in their own home, have their own family. Sometimes I really miss them, being home, young, around every day...
    I've got 5 granddaughters. They behave... but, oh, the energy! I get tired if I have to take care of them a few hours. I can't carry around little ones on my hip like I used to.
    Last edited by givio; 08-05-2016 at 07:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    All is quiet....While waiting for the torch to be lit I put the last stitch on my big mini quilt....5,382 1" squares, 284 2", and 284 2" x 5" rectangles and 71 8" squares...cut sizes....photo later...I'm sleeping under it tonight
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

okSG, That's a masterpiece! :-) Looking forward to seeing it! What was the finished size? It sounds like it could be a queen size, but I'm not good with math.

I want to see it too! I love scrappy quilts. Can't imagine what 5000+ 1" squares looks like.

I have a wedding gown to shorten and am procrastinating.... Wedding gowns always make me procrastinate. The bride to be got all swoony during her fitting and we had to stop before I was done marking the top layer of the skirt hem. Hope I can figure it out anyway.

OK, Is this the quilt with the different sized squares with the black background?

I can remember many a night in my young days, 6/7 yrs, sleeping on mattresses that were pulled off the beds and layed end to end on the floor and all my cousins sleeping in one room, 16 of us..We had alot of fun then.. didn't get much sleep but hey!! we were young then..

Blog Entries
    I think I shared the flimsy... the little 9P's were in a pickle jar and I used 9 in a block, then alternated the blocks with a red print....and yes it is Queen sized...have all 10 right now....parents went for sibling time...now to get nap time for the littlest ones....later...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

A swoony bride-to-be... :-))))
    I don't remember seeing the flimsy. Well, the finished item is always worth a picture too. :-)

Blog Entries
    When I get some free time, givio I will take one...right now 2 yo is sleeping under it...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    When I get some free time, givio I will take one...right now 2 yo is sleeping under it...
    Aw... now that would make a great picture!

Givio, you have no idea how often those brides get swoony. I worked at a bridal shop and if you had to work on the fitting longer than about 20 minutes, they start dropping like flies! I don't know if it's the excitement, or they get hot, or what, but it happens a lot. We gave out a lot of bottles of water.

I am very tired tonight. I taught a class today. Gosh It amazes me how much that takes outta me.

Hmmm, OK I do seem to kinda remember a pict of a ton of 9 patches in a pickle jar but it does seem that it was a looong time ago. I sure am looking forward to the finished pict.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Look what I played with today... Bought the pattern a couple weeks ago and dug in today. I used 8 of my license plates and constructed it differently than the pattern, but it's coming along pretty well! This is just the 'outer' part of the bag. The lining will be made separately with a zippered pocket and two other pockets for stash, then inserted and connected with a binding around the top. Nice size tote and I can enjoy the plates that didn't go into my quilt. There are also patterns out there for smaller bags with just one or two plates-- zip pouches and wallets, I think. Hope you like it, so far.

Name:  DSC02690 (Small).JPG
Views: 224
Size:  70.4 KB

Name:  DSC02692 (Small).JPG
Views: 284
Size:  69.5 KB

Plates from all over! Thanks for sending them.

That looks great SBG! I'm making a wall hanging for my sewing room with mine, as soon as I finish with the FWS 30's blocks. Only 3 more to go and we will be done, done, done!!! Yay!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

My Quilt room is a mess yet; cannot do any FW blocks...still searching for things I 'put up' so I could find them.

JanRN, the package of brown legal sized padded envelop was sent out for delivery, but I may have misaddressed it 'cause it was was undeliverable by the PO tracking. Maybe you can still contact the PO Monday and get a hold of it, I hope. Please let me know if my childhood blonde moments addressed it wrong.

Much too do; so little time. One step at a time. Have a great Sunday and family dinners.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Wo much news today; good news, Honchey. I believe the Lord does answer prayers, but sometimes in Lord's time and not ours.

SBG, your always sound so young in your messages here, I cannot imagine Kids and grandchildren...but I dwell in past times and not always moving on with ages of younger members...realizing, yes, time does past all too soon many times.

Sweet corn is all done and in the freezer; I did it all by myself! This day is done and I am going to bed. Good night all.
    How did you freeze your sweetcorn? One time I got some from a lady that was moving and she was emptying her freezer - she had frozen the WHOLE thing. It tasted like fresh from the field.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    That looks great SBG! I'm making a wall hanging for my sewing room with mine, as soon as I finish with the FWS 30's blocks. Only 3 more to go and we will be done, done, done!!! Yay!
    Thank you, Jeanie! See your plate on there?

Once the blocks are done for our FWS30s, we will still have the job of setting them! Ugh. I much prefer making them.

DBG, I would rather make and design blocks than put them together or sew into a quilt top. Love your bag idea, and I think you did a wonderful job on your bag. You get to carry a reminder of us all with you on F A R T trips...if you don't understand what that stands for ask JanRN.

I remember your squares, OK, but when you get time, it would be nice to see the whole quilt.

Back at my Quilt Room, where I am going as slow as the slowest snail in the world. LOL!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-01-2017 at 06:08 AM. Reason: remove off topic

Page 2 of 132 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 102 ... LastLast