Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 05-28-2019, 05:31 AM
Power Poster

dublb...you are always on the go!

Great weekend her with DD...nothing special...went to the cemeteries...sun was shining Sat/Sun. Monday isolated tornadoes in the area. Minor damage, so fortunate for all. Nasty weather happening in the southern part of state now. Hope all's well with QNS as well as everyone else. A crazy wet spring...many farmers not getting into the fields at all. We have some work done, but not hear where we should be.

Off to work...
Old 05-28-2019, 04:30 PM

Yes dublb you *are* always doing something. Can't wait to see the quilts you're working on.

We had my mom over for brunch Monday morning. It was a very nice visit. She helped me w/sandwiching the D9P Sunflower quilt finally!! My daughter hurt her knee over a week ago so couldn't be on the floor to help me lay the layers down flat (I use spray basting...at least right now, I am trying to figure out something else because I think it is causing my machine not to be happy over the long term). What do you all do for basting your quilts??

I will be quilting tomorrow and should pretty easily have the quilting and binding done before the grad party on June 8th.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:23 PM

Busy time for all. It has rained and repeat and repeated and repeated here; thank goodness we live on top of a hill (there are some hills in MO you know!) I ordered Mother Day bulbs, but its been too wet to plant them! Cousin Mary is here again and is getting me on face book with other cousins and we are talking genealogy instead of quilting on this visit at least. Having fun and cooking too much, so we eat leftovers tomorrow. Could not go to cemeteries because it was too wet.

Do have one strip of the FW 1930 done. Only ten more to do.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:14 AM

Carrie I have been glue basting my quilts on my ironing board. So far I haven't done a big quilt. First I bought a big Board so I have more surface in which to do it. Second I do a section at a time & iron it dry. I do all of the the batting & backing first then add the top.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:43 PM

dublb--do you just kind of swirl the glue around the backing or do you do a glue to water ratio and spray?
Old 05-29-2019, 07:03 PM

I just swirl it around the batting. Then I act like I'm in Kindergarten & spread it around w/my hand. I quickly wash it off. It feels just awful! Then I smooth the backing on it & iron that. Then I move it on the ironing board, pull back the backing & start the process again. When I smooth the backing onto the batting, I make sure that it is real smooth where the already dry glue meets the wet glue. The I press the wet glue dry. Once the backing is on I flip it over & do it the same way to add the top.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:18 PM

DH & I went to Midland to get some scar tissue taken off of his cornea. It was then pollished. We are home again but he is in pain right now.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

Oh gosh Bev, that sounds terrible. Is that customary after cataract surgery? Your poor DH.

I drove to Memphis today, to see the kids and spend a couple of days with the grandbabies. They are growing and changing so fast! Love being with them.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:30 PM

He hasn't had cataracts. He had scar tissue from having both glass & metal in his eyes at different time. It was like looking through an opaque glass. That, along w/his Ocular Rosacea, he was going blind. Well the Rosacea is so much improved & now he has had this removed. I'm hoping that he will be able to actually get glasses that work now.
He is in pain right now though. I'm hoping that tomarrow is a better day for him. They did say that he should be much better in 3 to 5 days.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

Oh dear... my husband has been rough on his eyes over the years too and has also had glass and metal in them. Men. I hope your dh feels better soon. And I hope he'll be able to see better now.