Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 09-21-2016, 06:04 PM

I have alot of the 9patches done for the confetti quilt..Joann's discontinued the w/w fabric I was using for the white for them..They are put away until I find another w/w to use for the quilt.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
I have alot of the 9patches done for the confetti quilt..Joann's discontinued the w/w fabric I was using for the white for them..They are put away until I find another w/w to use for the quilt.
Would you want to mix WOWs? I do it all the time! Then the background can be 'scrappy' too.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:58 AM

That is why I ordered several Kona cottons from www.fabricdepot.com by the bolts. Each has from fourteen to sixteen yards each and was forty percent off. So I have Creme, Snow White, Maize, black and pale yellow. Enough for backgrounds in several quilts; don't have to worry about shopping for them and paying ten to twelve dollars a yard. The stashing in Savannah is from that Kona Collection.

Yesterday was a fun day. We when to town to pick up our monthly prescription meds and shopped a little and came back home by one o'clock so I could finish the big BBG supper last night. Neighbor lady, Patty came up and we all had a ball with BBQ pork ribs baked in the oven,Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Deviled Eggs, Cold Slaw for the main course. Date tea Bread and unbaked Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies for dessert. Enough leftovers for a couple of days, so I can sew on Savannah and try to finish the top.

Everyone have a good day.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:45 AM

Lots of news and good sewing ideas and progress!
I'm still working on Carolina crossroads. No sewing this Saturday-- I get to babysit 2 granddaughters! :-)
Old 09-22-2016, 07:05 AM
Power Poster

Good to hear from you, givio!

Nina Sue, I think of leftovers the same way... they mean an uninterrupted day of sewing! I even let hubby get them out and heat them himself when he's hungry.

My biggest and best craft show of the year is a week from Saturday, so I have to get busy making the things that I wanted bring. Already have most of it but I wanted to try selling some aprons this year... vintage-looking ones.

Weather is finally cooling just a bit! Have a wonderful day, everyone.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

Honchey...looks are deceiving..Pop block is a square, right? Like the blue with it.

Major flooding to the west and south of us about 70 miles and they are getting rain again...water over the road n of FarmerSon's again. See NC coast getting more rain, too.

Enjoy the Grands, givio...

I work tomorrow so better get things done around here today...
Old 09-23-2016, 08:05 AM

Hi, ladies. Just got caught up on the posts, love reading about all yinz are up to. Everyone is so busy but aren't we blessed that we can do all these things?

I finally finished my stained glass block; almost 200 small pieces and it's supposed to finish at 12". Mine finished at 10"--I forgot to set my printer at 100%. I hope I forgot to set my printer for the rest of the blocks--I can be such a ditz at times.

Take care, do something you love today. Peace.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Hi, ladies. Just got caught up on the posts, love reading about all yinz are up to. Everyone is so busy but aren't we blessed that we can do all these things?

I finally finished my stained glass block; almost 200 small pieces and it's supposed to finish at 12". Mine finished at 10"--I forgot to set my printer at 100%. I hope I forgot to set my printer for the rest of the blocks--I can be such a ditz at times.

Take care, do something you love today. Peace.
Ouch! Can you still use it? I'd cry if I found out my block didn't come out right after 200 itty bitty pieces.

Boy I can be a ditz most any time! The older I get, the more forgetful. But... as Dad used to say... it sure beats the alternative!
Old 09-23-2016, 04:42 PM

Jan, I checked out the blocks you're doing...Very intricate but pretty..

Ok, this quilt is so easy to do.. In the magazine the focus is on the four 2.5"x 4.5" pieces..I decided to use my scrap 2.5" squares..when sewn together it becomes the same as the original block..it's sashed with a 2.5 x 8.5 " strip on both sides.That's the block..The first border is alternating strips of blue & white then the solid blue border..It came together so quickly because I had a bunch of foursies put together already and just had to sew them together.. I'm starting another one ... pale yellow sashing I think with an intense chocolate brown..maybe a fusions brown.. I have to see the squares against the background before I decide..
The squares I'm using came from all over the country in a swap...I swear they're multiplying in the baggies

Last edited by Honchey; 09-23-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:30 PM

janRN, Maybe put a sticky note on your printer?
I cut half again as many triangles as I needed. That's due to my math abilities... Then I sat down and chain stitched a ton of them, about half, making the seam on the wrong side of the triangle-- making HSTs instead of the larger triangle needed for the hourglass... Talk about being ditzy! lol So, I seam ripped that out, re-sewed them, and now I've got most of the star blocks finished.