Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-03-2016, 12:33 PM

Nina, Ummm..I see a couple of empty totes..need to fill them up right away Lots of totes but it's neatened up.. Your sewing room is very big..Nice

My toes are very sore and walking to not abuse them any more is making other parts hurt..clear fluid is coming out of one toe by the nail..have been using peroxide and antiseptic cream then gauzing it up..

DH wants to leave earlier than planned..Matthew is on it's way...I want to stay to see if any damage occurs..My son can take care of the house up north if Matthew gets there before we do.. What to do, What to do..

I'm supposed to be going on a road trip on Thursday.. that's the day of Matthew's expected arrival in the latter part of the day...We're supposed to be coming home late or the following day...

I have to start packing..it's going to take me a week to do it with my foot in bad shape

I'm adding a top & bottom row to 2 tops I had to take apart and fix I just have to square them up before the added rows go on..then they go to someone else to sandwich & quilt.. It seems that the pieces that need to be fixed come my way... I guess they know I'll fix them up so they look right!!!

Where do you get those markers Jeanie??? I would like to have them..

Back to the cutting & pressing...Have a good day all..H.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:09 PM

The Vis-a-Vis markers are for dry erase boards. Discovered them when I wanted a grid on a dry erase and did not want it to erase with the usual dry erasers. They work really well on the plastic storage boxes.

http://www.staples.com/Expo-reg-Vis-...product_125252
Old 10-03-2016, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

Ok Nina, now I don't feel so bad about how much fabric I have! I see you aren't in danger of running out.

Your quilt is very pretty... gold poppies, beautiful.

Honchey, be careful with that toe and that hurricane! I'd clear out and then come back to assess the damage later.

The wipe-off markers sound really neat.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

Nina, your kitty is so sweet-looking.

Bev, hope your mom has her surgery soon and recovers well.

Today I saw Laurie Hird's Bible Sampler quilt book in the Keepsake Quilting catalog. I like the way she set the blocks with hourglasses in between so they appear to be framed and set on point. Now I'm thinking about doing that with my FW1930's quilt. It makes a bigger quilt, too. Has anyone seen that? I did a Bonnie Hunter quilt that had the alternate hourglass blocks-- Chunky Churndash. It's a neat effect.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:34 PM

SewBizGirl and JeanieG, please PM me on your addresses again...(Or email me) So I can be sure of the right address. Thank you.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:34 PM

The boxes are off on their journey and should arrive in CA and Mississippi Thursday, October 6th.Over 24 pounds to CA and over 9 to Mississippi. The boxes are as full as I could fold fabrics into them. Will have the larger priority box $18.95 size of scrappy scraps with in a week or two...just have to 'pack' one up. l. . . if anyone is interested. Piled small pieces aside as I packed up the three boxes sent out today.

Tomorrow morning I go back the the LA quilter to lengthen the trellis quilt batting and backing to fit the top. Thursday, Dh goes for treatment with chiropractor and Friday, he goes to get the brakes fixed on the GMC...seems like that brand always has to have the brakes worked on, at least from our experiences with them.

And I got my hair cut today! Hurrah! Last shop went out of business, so tried a new one and loved the hair cut. Will go back there again and ask for more thinning next time...otherwise, she did a great job.

Hope you all had a good day.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Power Poster

Honchey I hope your toes are feeling better.

QNS I love your kitty.

Hi All!!
Old 10-04-2016, 03:39 PM

.Thanks, JuneBillie. Mega is all ready for fall with her colors! She has a white tip on the end of her tail, that she carries high as she walks around the house and outside. Its easy to locate her that way anywhere she is, we can see that cat!
Old 10-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for the box, Nina Sue! Sounds like you have a busy week. Glad you found a good hair cutter. That's so important.

Hi June Billie! Hope you were feeling good today and had a good day.

Honchey, how's the packing going with the sore toes?
Old 10-04-2016, 08:23 PM

I'm so far behind on all the things that have been going on, it will take me awhile to catch up with all the news. I'm slowly getting back to making more of my 30's blocks, I have added weeks 22,23,24,25 and only one for week 26. It seems so strange to be by myself and the hardest part is fixing food for one. Nothing really sounds very good yet.
Before Dh passed away, my son's MIL passed away in August, my husbands cousins wife also, the next week my sister and my sister in law passed away and the next week Don did. I really felt pretty down for quite awhile, but slowing doing more things now. I'm very glad my children live really close by and can help me out. I have really been learning how to do things that Don did and doing things that I haven't done before. Quite a learning experence.