Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-16-2016, 09:27 PM
Power Poster

Here's one place that has the transfers for $1.50 each.. Some are cross stitch so watch out.
http://www.acmenotions.com/aumahotirtr.html

Here's another one... I think this is where I bought my transfers, actually:
http://www.colonialpatterns.com/
Old 10-16-2016, 09:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
SBG - No I do not have or want an embroidery machine. That is something I am just not interested in! They seem to be such a rage right now.
You're right, they are! Big as tanks and so expensive too. At the craft show two girls had brought two large embroidery machines and were set up to embroider different things they sold. They must have been filling orders all day because those machines ran all day and were so LOUD. Just one running sounds like a 4-wheeler is in the middle of the room, idling. I left with such a headache from that noise all day long.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:42 AM

Good morning, ladies, remember me???? I have been following all your posts--my gosh, you ladies make me tired with all you accomplish. Beautiful quilting and non-quilting pics--love them all.

I haven't been sewing much. MrJan & I are finishing up some remodeling projects and cleaning out more of the basement. How in the world did I accumulate so much *crap*? MrJan builds storage units for everything; I hadn't opened some of them in years and when I did, all I could think was "why did I save that?". Lots of trips to Goodwill, donations to Viet Nam vets, etc. Finally seeing some empty areas. But then my neighbor (a former quilter) brought down boxes of fabric, books, etc.---just what I don't need. I kept 2 bolts of muslin and gave the rest to a friend's church quilting group. (There was a full bolt of yellow and lime green checked polyester--what would you do with that?)

Take care everyone. Enjoy your days, do something you love.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:09 AM

SBG, the dish, spoon and teapot brought back happy memories to me as DGM had dish towels like that. I gave away all my Embroidery floss...had a skein of every number in a tool bolt/screw holders and several nice projects and patterns 'ca use of my eye sight. Enjoy ahile you can. Life does go on, and I have turned my attention to what I can do.

Yes, JanRN, things do 'stay around' and then you wonder whey did I keep that? I have finally discarded what I should have twenty years ago. Now to do breakfast. Have a good one.

G
M used tea
Old 10-17-2016, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Good morning, ladies, remember me???? I have been following all your posts--my gosh, you ladies make me tired with all you accomplish. Beautiful quilting and non-quilting pics--love them all.

I haven't been sewing much. MrJan & I are finishing up some remodeling projects and cleaning out more of the basement. How in the world did I accumulate so much *crap*? MrJan builds storage units for everything; I hadn't opened some of them in years and when I did, all I could think was "why did I save that?". Lots of trips to Goodwill, donations to Viet Nam vets, etc. Finally seeing some empty areas. But then my neighbor (a former quilter) brought down boxes of fabric, books, etc.---just what I don't need. I kept 2 bolts of muslin and gave the rest to a friend's church quilting group. (There was a full bolt of yellow and lime green checked polyester--what would you do with that?)

Take care everyone. Enjoy your days, do something you love.
Hi Jan! Great to hear from you! Know what you mean about the accumulation. Every single thing that resides in our basement could be thrown out or given away (if anyone wanted it!). Probably ditto for the attic.

I can't believe you let that bolt of checkered polyester go! Why didn't you keep it and make leisure suits for everyone in the family? Ha!... That stuff is so icky. I see quilts from the 70's made with it at flea markets, a lot. I doubt if it will ever biodegrade in a landfill... ever. At least she had some good muslin you could use.

Don't be a stranger! We are still chatting here.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
SBG, the dish, spoon and teapot brought back happy memories to me as DGM had dish towels like that.
Me too... I remember that stuff fondly. Everybody who saw them at the craft show stopped to comment. Many mentioned the ones that had days of the week and a different chore for each day on them. My favorites are still the animated dishes.

Well, I need to go tend to the supper. I'm working on a big pot of 'from scratch' chicken noodle soup. Yum. Hoping the pot lasts for several days.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:16 PM
Power Poster

Oh still laughing about the checkered polyester...my BIL calls quilts made with such fabric...nuclear blast quilts..cover yourself in one and you will be protected from nuclear fallout...

DSis#2 and I had a great day...road tripped to buy some apples...spring frost destroyed the blossoms on our trees...a day spent full of laughter...
Old 10-17-2016, 07:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Oh still laughing about the checkered polyester...my BIL calls quilts made with such fabric...nuclear blast quilts..cover yourself in one and you will be protected from nuclear fallout...

DSis#2 and I had a great day...road tripped to buy some apples...spring frost destroyed the blossoms on our trees...a day spent full of laughter...
Nuclear blast-proof. We all need at least one! (not.)

I remember every Fall in New England Dad would take us on long rides in the country to buy apples. The foliage was beautiful and the smell of the apple farm stands was something I'll never forget. I LOVE that memory. We lived in Massachusetts from about 1960 to 1973. There were so many apple farms! Mostly McIntosh, as I recall.

Somewhere on the road out there was a restaurant with some gas pumps that we'd pass. It had a big sign that said, "Eat Here and Get Gas."
Old 10-17-2016, 08:26 PM
Power Poster

Love laughing at our memories....we came across a Norwegian corn maze...2 single stalks of corn about 15 feet apart roped together with a clothesline with a start and finish sign at the ends....Sis did get a photo..
Old 10-17-2016, 10:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Love laughing at our memories....we came across a Norwegian corn maze...2 single stalks of corn about 15 feet apart roped together with a clothesline with a start and finish sign at the ends....Sis did get a photo..
Ha! Too funny...