Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-14-2016, 05:09 PM

Do you just plant one tire deep? I love this idea. Now I can collect some for spring!!!
Old 10-14-2016, 06:14 PM

mmac, you can built them up two high, beyond that it takes too much soil. Amazon had a paperback book on how to paint them, turn them inside out and various attractive ways of doing the tires. Soil mixture is similar ot what greenhouses use. You can create a tier of strawberry up higher, with smaller tires on top of one another.

Sounds like everyone is ready for a good weekend.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

Hope to head to a quilt show tomorrow...have a good weekend. DS is coming for a couple of days on Sunday.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:13 PM

I got called to the hospital last night & DM is now in congestive heart failure from all the fluid. They were able to help her last night but today she got bad again. Her breathing is so very labored. She weighs 30 lbs over what she weighed before she came into the hospital. That has gotta be water weight. Her hands & feet are so very swollen.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:32 AM

Lost the internet for a couple of days so I put together a mini version of the "POP" quilt..This is such an easy pattern..The rows don't "balance" out but it's perfect for a wheelchair lap 36" X 42"

Bev, what's going on with your DMom doesn't sound too good...I hope they can figure out the problem ASAP!

Nina, Are the tires safe for planting edibles..I hear they're banning shredded up tires from playgrounds, sports areas in schools because of the "bad" stuff that leaches out from them. Have you ever checked on this?

Some roads are still closed and the Cape Fear river my have gone over it's banks earlier today.. We need to get home soon..
Attached Thumbnails dscn2863.jpg  
Old 10-15-2016, 02:50 AM
Power Poster

Bev, hope they can help your mom and get that fluid drained off. The swelling sounds bad... and the breathing. Will be saying prayers for her today.

That's a really cute quilt, Honchey!

I'm up with the chickens today... about to leave for the craft fair. I brought stuff out there yesterday but forgot about half of my setup! So now I have to go early enough to do all the setup this morning before it starts at 9. Hope it's worth all this work and travel time.

Have a good day, everyone!
Old 10-15-2016, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

Sorry to hear of your mom's continuing health issues, Bev..

And Jeanie is back home...Nina is bringing in the garden treasures...Bonnie is off selling her wares...good luck today. Then Honchey whips out a quilt....very cheery, by the way...because she can't get back to Jersey...you gals get so much accomplished. Got over 15 quarts of meat canned and about 7 quarts of broth...some of that in pints.

Going to get bedroom and bath ready for DSis and then off to the Quilt Show...tomorrow have ham planned for dinner...kids up the road will be here, too so will set 11 at the table...
Old 10-15-2016, 09:24 AM

Oh Bev, so sorry to hear about your DM's problems. Hope she can rebound quickly!

OK, you are so busy all the time! I don't know how you do it! I am tired just thinking about it all.

Anne, I hope you can get back home soon. Cute quilt you made during your waiting!

SBG - good luck at your craft fair.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

GIVIO... I can't send the reply I wrote to your pm because your mailbox is full. Please delete something and I'll try again later.

Gladie, you are the canning QUEEN! You are so prepared. What kind of meat do you can?

Well, the craft fair did pretty well by me. Way more than I expected. I'll tell you what women can't resist: Vintage Kitchen! They loved my retro style bib aprons, and my embroidered dish towels with the old 50's Aunt Martha patterns embroidered on them. (I'll try to have some oven mitts and casserole carriers made up for the next show I do in Dec.) I also sold a lot of the microwave bowls. Still have one stack left for the next show and then that's it for those for a while. I'm sick of mass-producing them.

These shows are a hard gig, but at least I had some sales to show for it. It's heartbreaking when you don't.

One lady who is on the board of the Mississippi Craftsman's Guild invited me to apply for membership. That was a great compliment and I think it means I can leave stuff in their shop, year round. Maybe I'll sell a few quilts that way.

Going to take it easy the rest of the evening and go to bed early tonight!
Old 10-15-2016, 05:00 PM

How about some pics of the aprons & dish towels Sewbiz.. I'm happy you sold some of your stuff...So nice to be recognized for your craft Good for you!!!!

I called AAA and finally the road we have to take going home is clear..It's another 40-50 miles out of the way but it's what we have to do..

Any news on Bev's Mom??

OK, You're having to cook for 11 persons ?? It's not Thanksgiving yet is it ?