Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 10-15-2016, 05:27 PM

Mama is doing better. It has been a long 2 days. Her breathing was so labored last night. She was hot from the exertion. Around 2 last night this morning it settled down. I laid down about 2:30 but I set my timer to go off every 30 minutes so I could listen to her breath. I was surprised at how much sleep I got between those 30 minutes. We got up at about 8:30. She did get better as the day went. She does need to get up & get moving. That will get the fluid off of her. Once the fluid is off she will be better.
I came home to a steak supper.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:51 AM

I think SBG is still resting up after the long day of selling her wares. So glad SBG that the day was successful and the crafty people noticed you nice work. That's a good pat on the back and well done job.

Dublb, so glad to hear your DM is improving; keeping her in my prayers.

Honchey, what a pretty bright throw you have made. Its happy time to know you can go back to NJ when you want too with minor detours....less than a hundred mile detour is good news indeed.

Wonderful weather here, the Irises are still getting 'shower', the frost did not seem to harm them. Will can sweet potatoes and yukon gold potatoes early in the week. They will be so good this winter.

OK, what fun you have this weekend with eleven people at your table. Good company and good food was always a blessing in my family...too bad we retired up here and have no reason to cook for any non-existing company. Such is life, I guess. Miss the gatherings of company at Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's time. It was hard to cut back on what I cooked and served, but I am getting there. Less spent at the grocery stores , more to spend on quilting! Have a good week!

Dublb, please email or PM me your change in email and address. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

Yup... I slept in! Got a text around 7 telling me our Sunday School teacher was out of town today and the sub. teacher was sick with a stomach virus. So I rolled over in bed and kept sleeping. Really needed it, too.

Can't believe it but I did not take a single picture at the show! I guess I was busy... Everything is packed away now as the next show isn't until Dec. 3rd. Now I know what sells best and will try to get a few more of those things made. In the meantime, I have GOT to get some quilt tops quilted and finished. My inclination is to sew more tops. Have got to put the brakes on that until I get some finished, including the FW30s quilt.

Here are the aprons I brought back from the show:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560357[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560358[/ATTACH]

This one is made from vintage tablecloth fabric:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]560359[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560360[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560362[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560361[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc02901-small-.jpg   dsc02902-small-.jpg   dsc02903-small-.jpg   dsc02904-small-.jpg   dsc02908-small-.jpg  

dsc02905-small-.jpg  
Old 10-16-2016, 01:59 PM

oooooh, I can see why they were a big hit at the craft show. You did a great job making those aprons. Nest time when you set up your booth, you can take a quick photo of it and share with us!
Old 10-16-2016, 03:03 PM

Great aprons SBG! You did good!
Old 10-16-2016, 04:28 PM
Power Poster

Thank you. I also let my FAVORITE embroidered towel get sold without taking a picture of it! It was a cowboy doggie riding a hobby horse... done in redwork on a pretty striped towel. I loved that one and it was a lot of embroidery-- an old Aunt Martha's pattern from the 50's. Here are two fingertip towels that have the same doggie, but only his face, not a full body illustration like the other one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560380[/ATTACH]

These are some of my others that I had left. They sell like hotcakes but you can't make them like hotcakes. They take hours to embroider.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560381[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560382[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560383[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc02909-small-.jpg   dsc02910-small-.jpg   dsc02911-small-.jpg   dsc02912-small-.jpg  
Old 10-16-2016, 06:32 PM

Oh my, SBG, you do those by hand???? Too bad you can't get a machine you could scan the design in and let it embroider for you. I think they do that now. Love that dog! So cute!
Old 10-16-2016, 07:57 PM

Sewbiz, The kitchen transfers, teapots etc with faces..who makes the patterns?
Old 10-16-2016, 08:52 PM
Power Poster

Honchey, they are old Aunt Martha's designs. I bought them from someone on either Etsy or Ebay... who had millions of them! Somewhere, somebody is producing those again. I'll try to track down my seller and let you know. You can search for Aunt Martha's transfers in the mean time, too.

Jeanie, yes I do them by hand. For mass production and sales, machine emb. might be more practical, but I don't like it. To me it looks so machine made... it really looks quite different from handwork. If you have an embroidery machine and love it, you'll have to please forgive me!
Old 10-16-2016, 08:59 PM

SBG - No I do not have or want an embroidery machine. That is something I am just not interested in! They seem to be such a rage right now.