Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 08-21-2017, 11:28 AM

Dang QNS - so sorry to hear of more eye problems! You have such a great attitude! Good for you!

I just finished sewing the sashing on my FWS 30's Quilt together last night. Got one more small border to go all around the outside (I think), then decide on the main border fabric. Gosh it feel so great to have it done this far. I am so proud of myself, I have not started anything new this year!!! Can't say that is going to continue, I'll probably do the next Mystery Train Ride coming up in September (we think). Also looking forward to Bonnie Hunter's Mystery at the end of the year.

My sewing room is awash in 2 other unfinished projects! I have my Pony Club #2 Quilt on the display wall, and have been auditioning sashing for that one. Don't know if I will do cornerstones on it or not. I am also quilting my last year's Bonnie Hunter Mystery EnProvence. It has been way to warm to do any quilting, so that has sat all summer. But it still on my table by my Brother 1500 that I quilt with.

We just got back from 3 days up at a nearby lake (that is at 42% because of our severe drought). That was a relaxing time. We plan a trip to the ocean in September. There is a stretch of beach that was old highway 101 that they have spaced out camping spots for RV's. It is crowded all summer, but once school starts it is easy to get a spot during the week. So great camping on the beach. We stopped by there on our way home last Friday from the lake and the dolphins were putting on a show. Such fun!
Old 08-21-2017, 02:55 PM

OH Sue!!! I am so glad to hear that they have found a way to help ya see better.
Jeanie, It's so fun to hear about your travels. I too am behind on my quilting. Haven't quilted anything bigger than 18" square. I am behind on my piecing also. Sigh!
Old 08-21-2017, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

Sorry about your vision, QNS. You would think they could get to you right away when you can't see! Will be looking forward to better vision for you soon. Yippee!

Jeanie, camping on the ocean sounds so beautiful. Reminds me of living in Hawaii. Sometimes I would pull off the road because a school of dolphins was passing and jumping out of the water in a line. That is a sight to behold!

Bev, hope your son is getting settled in at Moody by now. How exciting that he is there!

I'm behind on big quilting... have all my QAYG blocks quilted and just need to put them together. But I have too many tops unfinished and really need to just do them. The quilting is not my favorite part. Wish I had a longarm! And now I'm in pain from tennis elbow. Hard to quilt. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:37 AM

So much news from everyone! It's like reading a book here. I finished the quilt for my granddaughter's birthday, so I thought I'd put a picture here for you guys to see.

I probably have more quilts started than SBG. Like her, the quilting part is not my favorite. Not really having a 'sewing room' I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with my piles of sewing hither and yon...
Attached Thumbnails paiges-birthday-quilt2.jpg  
Old 08-23-2017, 08:21 AM

OH Givo!!! That's lovely I am sure your DGD is gonna loooove it!

I finished sanding today. I have convinced DH that Kills is the way to go, so from now on we will be useing that!
I now gotta get all the paint dust all cleaned up & get ready to paint the woodwork.
The window guys finally came today to install the windows.
We are having 8 windows replaced. I am so excited!!!!!
Old 08-23-2017, 09:43 AM

Love those pinks and purples Givio! I am sure your DGD will just love it!
Old 08-23-2017, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

LOVE that quilt, Givio. It looks like a beautiful stained glass window with that light shining through the top. Very pretty and inventive how you used your 5" squares so well.

I quilted half of my tablecloth quilt yesterday. Now I'm wondering what I was thinking because it has so much white on it! It might end up on a bed after all.

Tomorrow begins a quilt show in Vicksburg MS and I've got three quilts hanging in it! I'm so excited because it's the first time I've entered anything in a show. Our quilting group is going to the show tomorrow and it will be so much fun to see your own quilts hanging. Don't expect to win any ribbons or prizes, tho. It's enough of a thrill just to participate.

My daughter and her husband just bought a house! They have been trying to buy the one they have been renting for two years, but the owner is a scoundrel. So they kept looking and found one they love even more... and their offer was accepted yesterday! Yay! And it's got 3 full baths. Their current rental home has only one, which has been a real struggle when the whole family is there.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:48 PM

Thanks for the kind comments. I haven't entered a show yet, but it sounds fun to do it with a quilting group or guild. That would be more enjoyable than doing it on your own. Here's another quilt finished this week--front, close up, and back. 80 x 80".
Attached Thumbnails 1930s-prints-disappearing-4-patch.jpg   1930s-prints-disappearing-4-patch-close-up.jpg   1930s-prints-disappearing-4-patch-back.jpg  

Last edited by givio; 08-23-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:49 PM

OK, Love your adorable cow. Sew cute!
Old 08-23-2017, 05:51 PM

Givio, Your quilt is awesome and love how you did the back. You are sew creative.