Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 05-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Power Poster

GGal ... a busy lady you have been, between the garden and quilting!!!! Looking forward to some pictures soon ... especially of your Spike!

GGal and DublB .... that visualization of vacuuming the flower beds and combing the grass, is just too much!

W4Me ... and you never even used the word "options"!!!!

DDamsel ... thanks for the link to the book. The cover would have drawn me to it, for sure. Plus I see it is a Debbie Mumm. I'm with you .... so nice to choose patterns and fabrics, especially for someone! I'm sure it was your fabric choices that really made that row quilt come to life!

......... and drumroll ...... my FFC is finished!
(fiiiiiiiiiiinallllllllllllly!)
Old 05-31-2014, 06:39 AM

Actually, QuiltE, I used option.

Gretchen is now complete. I'm hoping to get two blocks done this weekend but, suddenly, there is even less time than usual. Must have something to do with spring planting and weeding.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by works4me View Post
Actually, QuiltE, I used option.

Gretchen is now complete. I'm hoping to get two blocks done this weekend but, suddenly, there is even less time than usual. Must have something to do with spring planting and weeding.
duhhhh .... missed that option!!!

Hey W4Me ... I forget .... is it 45 or 60 you are heading for? I'm thinking you are either more than 1/2 way along the trail or over a 1/3. Maybe please us with a group shot of all to date!!! Any further thoughts on your sashings/cornerstones/borders?

Did you know about the PC Milestone Threads .... I forgot about them.
Here's the first three .....
http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...l-t181065.html
http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...e-t187088.html
http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...e-t196998.html

As you can see, we did them every 15 blocks completed ... not necessarily in book order.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:18 AM

QuiltE - it is 63, twin size I am aiming for. Once I finish the blocks for this weekend, I'll post the group shot here then will post group shots in the milestone threads as I get to them after that. Thanks for the links. I didn't realize there were milestone threads.

I've given a lot of thought to sashing and cornerstones and have rejected just about everything. I want the sage to shine so am leaning towards spider web fussy cut sage cornerstones. Time will tell.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:07 PM
Power Poster

W4Me ... will look foward to the pics, when you get a chance. I had totally forgot about the milestone threads and stumbled on them, so thought I'd let you know. You could back track too, and post all you have on the 15 one too. I like the sage cornerstone idea ... would help keep the sage featured, but because it is so subtly coloured, it will not take control.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:00 PM

I finally finished my MB quilt today! I started quilting it back in March, but haven't touched it since then (until this weekend). I included a close up of the borders/sashing. It has a soft purple flannel backing. Tomorrow I will be working on quilting a baby quilt...my sister had a baby girl Friday morning.

**QNS--I wanted to let you know since you sent me 2 blocks, I will be using the other to make a bag for this quilt when not in use.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03523.jpg   dsc03522.jpg  
Old 05-31-2014, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

What a great finish, CarrieM!
A great choice for your sashings. Are they and the border all batiks? I like how your border fabric has some interest to it, yet it still lets all the kaleidos spin around and show off nicely.
CONGRATULATIONS on your new niece!
Old 05-31-2014, 04:41 PM

The block border fabric is a Stonehenge. The green border/sashing is just regular fabric and the outer fabric is a batik (it is actually navy, not black like it looks in the picture). I had a hard time finding something to go with all the shades of purples and greens. I was very happy to find fabrics that worked. Thank you all for the great blocks!!!
Old 05-31-2014, 04:57 PM

I just love it, Carrie! It's such a happy quilt. I'm proud ta have had a part in makin' it. It's lovely!
Old 06-01-2014, 12:07 AM

Beautiful, CarrieM.