Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club wk 9 Children's Delight & County Fair Photo Page >

The FWS Pony Club wk 9 Children's Delight & County Fair Photo Page

The FWS Pony Club wk 9 Children's Delight & County Fair Photo Page

Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
I love it!
I've only seen a few reruns when I was younger! Boy did it make me laugh!
Old 03-02-2012, 09:18 PM

What a riot! LOL
Old 03-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Power Poster

As DublB plays the oooooooold card on QuiltE!!!!!

What a way to start a Saturday ... hrmpffffff!
(or is it a matter that she's lost her mind already and thus, can't remember??)

JeanieG and DublB ... I found lots of "re-runs" on you tube when I was looking for this ♪♪♫♫♪♪ .... When you think of it, they were probably way ahead in the film technology to have the horse talking! Look at all the modern day shows with animals shown talking in synch.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:49 AM

Oh QuiltE, You are not old, just more experienced than I am!! We are only as old as we feel. I felt very old while I was in mourning, but as I am comein' out from under that, I feel younger every day!! (I'm about ta turn 51) I also think havein' my 'late in life baby' still at home is helpin' me ta feel younger! He's 18 & going to the local community college this year.
I will say that my family didn't have a TV until I was 4 or 5. Then when I was 13 our TV broke & my parents didn't buy another one till I was 19. Durrin' both of those times of our lives my parents just decided that they wanted ta spend their $$$ elsewhere. Everyone I knew were getting cable & watching all of those reruns & I didn't git to till recently! When DH & I were dating he would always say "...don't worry about it we can catch it latter on cable." Humff That was easy for him to say!
Your right about that show being way ahead of it's time!!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

Oh right ... I am your Senior!!! (not by mucho though)

Of course, now you can just watch youtube ... who needs cable?
I can't get cable where I am but have satellite dish. I don't really watch a lot of Tv, never did.
Although, it's often on for background noise when I'm sewing ... and again, rarely ever have sat still to watch TV, as always have multi-tasked ..... reading, crafting, sewing, etc.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:58 PM

I don't watch TV very often either. I never turn the TV on. But the very second DH comes home it is on! A pet peeve of mine is when he leaves at lunch he turns it to the Weather Chanel, muted. I then have to walk across the house & turn it off! What a waste of electricity! (Not to mention my time.) It's not like we've been married for 29 years or anything! He knows that I don't want it on. (Right now this is my biggest complaint so I guess we're going ta make it. Especially since he cooks my food, buys my groceries, & goes ta work ta provide for me.) While he's home, & it is on, I'm either sewing or here on the board. If we plan on watching a movie I will set with him to watch it.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:05 PM

Oh right ... I am your Senior!!! (not by mucho though)

Of course, now you can just watch youtube ... who needs cable?
I can't get cable where I am but have satellite dish. I don't really watch a lot of Tv, never did.
Although, it's often on for background noise when I'm sewing ... and again, rarely ever have sat still to watch TV, as always have multi-tasked ..... reading, crafting, sewing, etc.
You sound like me QuiltE. I rarely watch TV. Actually I don't like the distraction of something "running" in the background. Sometimes, I'll have Joe turn the TV down, the sound really annoys me, and I'll always switch the TV off if he goes off and leaves it on. I'll have the radio on sometimes, but that can get annoying too. I'm weird I guess! And I am a lot older than you guys - will hit the big 70 in April! Don't feel old though! Still golf and enjoy lots of things.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

Yeppirrrrr ... we're only as old as we feel!
..................... and act!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
I don't watch TV very often either. I never turn the TV on. But the very second DH comes home it is on! A pet peeve of mine is when he leaves at lunch he turns it to the Weather Chanel, muted. I then have to walk across the house & turn it off! What a waste of electricity! (Not to mention my time.) It's not like we've been married for 29 years or anything! He knows that I don't want it on. (Right now this is my biggest complaint so I guess we're going ta make it. Especially since he cooks my food, buys my groceries, & goes ta work ta provide for me.) While he's home, & it is on, I'm either sewing or here on the board. If we plan on watching a movie I will set with him to watch it.
Gosh! Your DH and mine must have the same genes! HeeHee! Has to have that darn TV on every minute of his day.....but now I'm almost as bad with my IPod, but I listen to books so that I can sew and listen too......(That's my justification....LOL!) But like you, he's good to me, so I try not to complain too much. We haven't been married near as long as you though.....coming up on our tenth, April 1st....we both have a sense of humor....! But I way out age all of you telling here so far......I'll be 74 mid April.......
Old 03-04-2012, 07:12 AM

QUILTING NINASUE...I grew up on "The Black Stallion" series and "Misty of Chincoteague" was an all time favorite. I use to dream of having my own horse....never happened. But I still love the beauty of their majesty.......I still want one, but..........a girl can dream....sigh ..